Tactical Parrot Early Warning System

Tactical Parrot Early Warning System

This is a discussion on Tactical Parrot Early Warning System within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And we keep talking about dogs.... Pet parrot raises alarm; Dallas homeowner kills burglar DALLAS — A Dallas homeowner shot to death an intruder early ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Parrot Early Warning System

VIP Member

Thumbs up Tactical Parrot Early Warning System

And we keep talking about dogs....

Pet parrot raises alarm; Dallas homeowner kills burglar

DALLAS — A Dallas homeowner shot to death an intruder early Tuesday after being alerted by his pet parrot that someone was on the premises.

John Woodson, 46, was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died, Dallas police Sgt. Larry Lewis said.

Police were called to home about 3:30 a.m. The home, which also is used as a locksmith shop, had been burglarized four times this month, Lewis said.

Dennis Baker, who keeps several pet birds in his home, said his Mexican red-headed parrot, Salvador, says "hello" whenever he sees someone.

Someone passed by a window in his home and Salvador began saying, "Hello, hello," awakening Baker from a "dead sleep."

Baker approached Woodson in the detached garage and shot him with a handgun, police said.

Baker said police officers are doing their jobs, but are overworked and understaffed. "I will protect my property and my life," he said.

When police officers arrived, Salvador began greeting them with "hello," Baker said.

"Sometimes he says 'hi,' but you can't get him to speak on cue," Baker said. "He has a mind of his own."

Police said they would turn the case over to a grand jury.

The case is one of several in recent weeks in which a home or business owner has shot an intruder.

A Ledbetter-area business owner fatally shot a suspected burglar on Sunday, the second time in three weeks that he has killed a prowler, police said.

Last month, a Mesquite business owner shot and wounded a suspected burglar after finding him with bolt cutters and copper cable taken from the building.

Musician Jeffrey Carter Albrecht was shot to death Sept. 3 after he tried to kick in a neighbor's door during a drunken rage, police said. The neighbor reportedly thought Albrecht was a burglar and fired a pistol high through the back door as a warning, but struck the 6-foot-4 Albrecht in the head.

Earlier this year, Texas lawmakers approved the Castle Law, which removes any obligation for a crime victim to retreat before responding with deadly force when faced with an intruder in his or her home, vehicle or business.

Despite the new legislation, Lewis said he would not describe the series of shootings as a trend, nor did he believe the law had empowered more people to shoot to kill.

Dallas police recorded more than 14,400 residential burglaries last year.

Baker said he installed a video surveillance system once his place began being burglarized repeatedly.

"I got hit five times this month. I have tools in my garage, my house and my van," Baker said. "They were coming here like they owned the place. I hate what happened, but somebody has to do what's necessary."

"The fifth time is enough. It's not something you want to do, but you have to do."
    And the video here
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

They say parrots are very intelligent. Looks like this one proved that.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Makes sense......I guess a parrot and stool pigeon would be related.

According to the article the BG died, and to his chagrin a parrot pretty much did him in.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    BG's last words: "You had me at Hello."

I know.,... bad joke.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    BG's last words: "You had me at Hello."

I know.,... bad joke.

Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

More words?

Now if he could teach the bird to say "Hello.......bang.......Goodbye"

Administrator
    Its been told to me often that a goose is one of the best watch critters you can have.... I guess this isnt to far from that
    "Just blame Sixto"

time to trade the cats in for a parrot!

Senior Moderator
    I'm thinking of getting guard geese

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by ruertar View Post
    time to trade the cats in for a parrot!
    Cats are freeloading squatters. The only use I can see for a cat is target practice and hat making.

Parrots are great, though. Didn't think of them as guards, either.

Wink LOL

Guard geese!!! hahaha, well it did work for Rome a while back.
    Cheers,

Johnny Rebel

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Tactical Parrot?

The bird in question was green with bright red on top of his head. If you want a 'tactical' bird, you would want a crow or grackle.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Heres mine her name is Lucy!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Here's one of my birds, her name is Peaches... There's no way on earth you could walk through our house without her alerting us. Heck, even I can't walk though the living room without her making some sort of noise. She's a fan of the 'wolf whistle' for strangers. She can be loud enough to wake the neighbors, when she wants to.

Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I've got a parrot that tells us when it's raining, snowing, whatever. When I go turn on the shower she asks "are you going to take a shower?" She might tip me off to an intruder, but I'd probably be thinking "Alll right alll ready - shut up!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links