Decent Video of Recent Shootout - Page 2

Decent Video of Recent Shootout

This is a discussion on Decent Video of Recent Shootout within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It had to be the ammo. lol It's all about shot placement....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decent Video of Recent Shootout

It had to be the ammo. lol

It's all about shot placement.

He must have been shooting .45 ball. I can't imagine someone taking nine .45 JHP rounds and still keep going.

I listened to the officer's 911 call at mms://video.wjla.com/wciv/101507_911brown.wmv

Very calm and professional. Good job, too bad the shooter didn't perish.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfClanMcnab View Post
    He must have been shooting .45 ball. I can't imagine someone taking nine .45 JHP rounds and still keep going.
    Shoot him in 9 different fingertips, and it doens't matter much if it's ball, HP, or super-laser-death-ray. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Wow! I seriously doubt Mr Brown would be alive if that wannabe gang banger wanted to kill him. He had plenty of time to walk up to the car with gun pointed at Brown if he wanted to.

Brown got lucky IMO and should have driven off.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    Wow! I seriously doubt Mr Brown would be alive if that wannabe gang banger wanted to kill him. He had plenty of time to walk up to the car with gun pointed at Brown if he wanted to.

Brown got lucky IMO and should have driven off.
    In my OPINION, the suspect intended to intimidate Brown at gunpoint.

In my OPINION, the suspect had probably done that numerous times before, and expected Brown to cower (as numerous previous victims had most likely done).

Despite his gentle and "civilized" appearance, however, Brown turned out NOT to be a sheep. Don't let the woolly fur fool you - closer inspection will reveal fangs......as the suspect soon discovered.

Brown chose to confront the OBVIOUS threat when the suspect returned from his car, walking QUICKLY toward him, with his right hand behind his back.

I agree with that decision, for the following reason:

How vulnerable are you to gunfire while backing from a parking stall with an armed hairball standing mere feet away?

By attempting to drive away, you are leaving your safety in the hands of the SUSPECT's intentions.

By CONFRONTING the suspect, you are exercising at least SOME control over events YOURSELF.

You may die either way. The choice remains: on your feet, or on your knees?

I found....the REST of the story:

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/...le_flaws18096/

VIP Member
    A lot of truly ignorant and downright vile comments in that link, Mac. What the hell is wrong with people?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    The only "pity" here is the the perp isnt pushing up daisys and he is still breathing good air.

Over on glockforums they are getting all into ballistics, and shot placement. I think this worked out fine for Brown. Lets just think about this for a second. Do we carry weapons to kill someone, OR stop the threat i.e. defend ourselves? Clearly the threat was eliminated, not the person but the threat... Brown stopped the attack, gave himself time to escape and no one was killed.
    Look at it like this...
    the perp is going to recover and do the same thing to someone else somewhere else...its just a matter of time.
    We shoot to stop the threat. Too bad it wasnt permanent.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    A parole violater...

great...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I honestly hadn't even scrolled down to the comments.

I was just pleased as punch to confirm my suspicions that the suspect was, indeed, a hairball, and that his hairball-ness had PREVIOUSLY been judicially confirmed.

:o)

Senior Moderator
    No suprise there eh?

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Wow. That was definately a good heads up. I agree with Hotguns statments. The officer had very good recognition to response time. A split second to identify the threat and ACT/React accordingly. KUDOS OFFICER BROWN!!

Just read Sgt.Mac's additional link and all I can say is ... WHAT THE ... (Deep breath). I can't believe some of those comments that we made.

No gun will stop a perp right away if the shots are not COM or to the nogg'n. Obviously that was NOT the case here. I'm incredulous that he made ANY hits at all using that wild west technique. Maybe he practiced it a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    No gun will stop a perp right away if the shots are not COM or to the nogg'n. Obviously that was NOT the case here. I'm incredulous that he made ANY hits at all using that wild west technique. Maybe he practiced it a lot?
    Exactly right, except the "wild west technique". In these situations your focus is the target, 100%. No time for pretty weaver stance or the like. Just move and shoot.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links