Decent Video of Recent Shootout

This is a discussion on Decent Video of Recent Shootout within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Best part about it is the DA with an actual head on her shoulders. Hard to tell if he's being shot back at however if ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decent Video of Recent Shootout

Decent Video of Recent Shootout

Best part about it is the DA with an actual head on her shoulders.

Hard to tell if he's being shot back at however if he had time to get in the car and then get back out should he have just took off right away?

Also if I shot the way he does I'd have a hard time controlling my placement.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...4-e2d4faafabc4
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

2. Remove Ads

well i believe he didnt get out till the other man walked up beside his car with a gun behind his back, so he started shooting first it looked like & keep shooting as the man was fleeing yeah iam not sure if the perp shoots back either but it think he does as u can see the other man ducking & moving.........

Brown appears to do nothing wrong except 'live life'...the BG is another example of a 'scumbag' needing termination...'caught in the filter of life's gene pool'...

Thanks, Officer Brown...Sorry your accuracy wasn't better...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    That was good situational awareness onthe cops part...otherwise he would got it in the back of the head. The perp obviously thought that he had been "dissed" because the off duty cop reached across him to put the stuff he purchased in his bag.

It just goes to illustrate several points. One is you dont have to do anything wrong to be the target of a perp.

Two...the thought proccess of a ganbanger or a wannabee...completley irrational and stupid...and dangerous

Three...always pay attention. Keep your head on a swivel,use your mirrors when you can...

Four....have a gun and be ready to use it to stay alive.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

+1 on that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It just goes to illustrate several points.
    One is you dont have to do anything wrong to be the target of a perp.
    Two...the thought proccess of a ganbanger or a wannabee...completley irrational and stupid...and dangerous
    Three...always pay attention. Keep your head on a swivel,use your mirrors when you can...
    Four....have a gun and be ready to use it to stay alive.

I agree with HotGuns, if that cop had not been on the ball he would be dead. Scarry how fast things can go south.
    It's good to see this stuff, helps keep you sharp.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Good post, Thanks...
    For God, Family and Country!

The off-duty PO was shot once in the leg. The guy with green shirt got shot 9 times with .45 bullets but he lived. The off-duty PO used a Glock 30 which holds 10 rounds of .45... 90&#37; accuracy?

video

911 calls

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771134
    Last edited by razz; October 23rd, 2007 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks for posting the link. This cop saved his own life and a number of untold lives this thug obviously would have gone after
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Should we revisit the myth of the ultimate manstopper that is the .45ACP? Nine hits, and the BG drives himself to the hospital... (J/K guys!)

It appears that Officer Brown was paying attention, realized that the attacker was planning something nefarious, and reacted appropriately. Excellent accuracy, considering he was under fire and took a round at some point. His 9-1-1 call is excellent as well. Having had to talk on the radio while being shot at, I can only imagine how hard it is to do it after actually being shot.

It actually seems like the prosecutors/DAs are doing the right thing, too, despite the vituperative attacks by the BGs lawyer.

Good show, Officer Brown.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Wow, that video illustrates perfectly how quickly things can go south, and how untext book like it happens. P.O. Brown wasnt just standing there plugging holes in paper target, was he? Nope. It wasnt pretty, but he did a great job of moving, shooting etc.

That BG took 9 .45's!? Wow, maybe the terd does deserve a least a little respect. Well, OK, maybe not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Over on glockforums they are getting all into ballistics, and shot placement. I think this worked out fine for Brown. Lets just think about this for a second. Do we carry weapons to kill someone, OR stop the threat i.e. defend ourselves? Clearly the threat was eliminated, not the person but the threat... Brown stopped the attack, gave himself time to escape and no one was killed.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    The off-duty PO was shot once in the leg. The guy with green shirt got shot 9 times with .45 bullets but he lived. The off-duty PO used a Glock 30 which holds 10 rounds of .45... 90% accuracy?

video

911 calls

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771134

Uh, those of you that swear by and shoot nothing but .45, any explanation?
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Uh, those of you that swear by and shoot nothing but .45, any explanation?
    If it had been a girly, wussy, un-macho, worthless, Euroweeny, unworthy-of-the-name bullet 9mm, the BG might have been able to run back to his car, drive himself to the hospital, be treated and released the same day. Oh, wait....

(And I am just kidding around - the .45 is, of course, a perfectly capable and well respected pistol round. This is just another example that all pistol rounds, indeed all small arms rounds, are not instant death rays, and that shot placement (and a bit of luck) rules over all other considerations by a large margin.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I stand corrected, if he hit 9 of 10 and for that matter are we completely sure he fired the tenth round, or could he have been 9 for 9 he's a pretty darn good shot in the middle of all that.
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links