Memphis/Olive Branch carjacker shot, jailed (Merged)

This is a discussion on Memphis/Olive Branch carjacker shot, jailed (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I, too, have been to some of those places in Memphis. Keep your head down and don't slow down for nothing....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Memphis/Olive Branch carjacker shot, jailed (Merged)

I, too, have been to some of those places in Memphis. Keep your head down and don't slow down for nothing.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I've been to some spots in Memphis where having an AR-15,a 12 gauge and a .45 left me with the feeling that I might not have enough.
    Hmmm...that sounds a lot like Orange Mound, Hickory Hills.....anyplace within a half mile of Graceland, or several other spots in Memphis. Once you get East past Bartlett...it starts to get better, then by Lakeland you can go back to stopping for traffic lights without too much fear of being car jacked. By the time you get to the Shelby/Fayette County line it is almost normal again.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    FWIW, I will applaud the efforts of any good guy to win a battle over any thug, no matter how small or large the victory. When the law prevents doing what is right, it is time to change that law. Fortunately for the good guys, laws all over this country are being amended to favor the good guy instead of the bad guy which has been traditionally coddled and protected by the law.

People are getting tired of it. Personally, I think that any gang banging fool stupid enough to think he can get away with jacking someones car deserves to die, but that's just me.
    Hotguns, you have been dead on target throughout this thread. I salute you neighbor! You actually know what is going on in this war zone of a city. And yes you are absolutely correct, we are dang tired of this crap and refuse to take it any longer. Its come to taking the streets back ourselves or pack up and leave. MPD can not solve this problem, it has gotten out of hand. Two personal MPD friends of mine are the very ones that encouraged me to get my CCW and start carrying.

BTW, the Millington Police Dept., north Memphis city limits will be carrying AK-47s begining the first of the year as their car gun. I was told this by a Millington gun shop owner whom caters to the Millington PD. Your assessment of needing an AR, shotgun, and pistol are right on!

Carry on Neighbor!
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

It sounds like a successful citizen's arrest to me. He observed the felony being committed, and arrested the perp. The GSW was incidental to the arrest.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

This Breaking News Just IN....

The police have arrested the person that drove the carjacker to the OB to jack this elderly woman's car.

That's 2 bg off of the street in 1 week! I'll bet King Willie is proud.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links