Where were the parents?

This is a discussion on Where were the parents? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0801/71101012 A juvenile was shot and killed while attempting to burglarize a Yucca Valley home Wednesday evening, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. ...

Thread: Where were the parents?

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Where were the parents?

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0801/71101012

A juvenile was shot and killed while attempting to burglarize a Yucca Valley home Wednesday evening, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The incident happened about 6:30 p.m. in the 2800 block of Longview Avenue when the teenager and another juvenile tried to break into a home.

A third suspect, 18-year-old Duncan Nicholson, waited outside in a getaway vehicle, according to the sheriff's department.

An investigation determined the homeowner pulled out a gun when he heard somone knocking at his door. He armed himself because his home was robbed several times in the past month.

The juvenile and two suspects are suspected of committing the burglaries, according to the sheriff's department.

The homeowner fired his gun when the two juveniles forced their way into the home, killing one of them and hitting the second suspect in his arm.

The two remaining suspects fled the scene, but later returned with the juvenile's father.

The younger suspect was booked into a local juvenile hall and Nicholson was taken to the Morongo Basin Jail, both on murder charges.

Anyone with information may call investigators at 909-387-3589.

2. Remove Ads

Looks like the parents, or at least one father was probalby at home when the scared punks came running home saying dad, dad, Johnny got shot when we were breaking in a house.

OOPS.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    *Sigh.*

My husband works with kids and sees firsthand what broken families can do. There's one mother with multiple children who have all different dads.

Most of these kids are neglected and abused and end up being raised by the TV and by the streets. When they start getting screwed up young, it's hard to fix it. One mother even deliberately and repeatedly sabotoged her own son from going out with my husband to fill out job applications.

And then this kind of crap happens, and the parents are like, "Wha? Mah boy's a good boy (though I have no idea where he was the past 24 hours and I don't know who the daddy is)."
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    The two remaining suspects fled the scene, but later returned with the juvenile's father.

Glad to see the father making the son take responsibility for his actions.
    -Biker

Another child-killed-by-a-gun stat for the Brady Bunch.

Two out of four isn't bad...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Glad to see the father making the son take responsibility for his actions.
    Too little too late.

The boys buddy is dead, another shot in the arm, a citizen harassed in his own home and likely to be harassed further by a DA if not his neighbors for killing, albeit justifiable, of a child and daddys boy himself will be seeing prison time.

Too little too late.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Did it say anything about broken families? Some kids just make stupid choices even with the best parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Did it say anything about broken families? Some kids just make stupid choices even with the best parents.
    My parents were the best parents in the world, but when I was that age I did some pretty stupid things. I consider myself and my wife good parents. Not bragging, but our kids friends have even told them so.
    Even so, both mine have pulled some pretty bone-head moves. Nothing that serious but bone-head none the less.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

VIP Member
    I know from experience that some really great parents have some really rotten kids! It's not always lack of supervision or poor parenting. What a tragedy.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links