Pretty Close to Home

Pretty Close to Home

This is a discussion on Pretty Close to Home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wfsb.com/news/14507802/de...=hart&psp=news SOUTHBURY, Conn. -- State police said they received a call Sunday from a man who said he had encountered an intruder at his house. ...

Thread: Pretty Close to Home

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Pretty Close to Home

http://www.wfsb.com/news/14507802/de...=hart&psp=news

SOUTHBURY, Conn. -- State police said they received a call Sunday from a man who said he had encountered an intruder at his house.

John Nagy told police that he may have shot the intruder at his home, located at 44 Berkshire Road in Southbury.

Nagy told police that he was awakened at about 2 a.m. by a noise in the basement area of the house. Nagy said he went to investigate the basement area armed with a weapon.

He stated that he encountered a man who had entered the basement. The man advanced in the direction of the Nagy, and Nagy said he shot his gun in the direction of the intruder and left his home to wait for police.

Nagy told state police that he believed that the intruder was still in the basement.

State troopers entered the home with a state police K-9 to search for the intruder, police said.

The intruder was located by troopers in the basement of the home suffering from an apparent single gunshot wound.

EMS responded, provided emergency care at the scene and transported the wounded suspect to Waterbury Hospital, where he underwent surgery for his injuries.

The identification of the suspect is being withheld pending notification of family, police said.

Initial investigation by state police determined that the man was in fact the operator of a vehicle that had been involved in a one-car crash on River Road in Southbury.

The man fled the crash scene on foot and walked for about a half a mile and then entered the Nagy's house, where he encountered the homeowner.

State Police Western District Major Crime Squad will handle the investigation at the crime scene by collecting physical and forensic evidence and conduct follow-up investigation, police said.

Nagy was not injured in this incident, police said.

At the conclusion of the investigation, all facts and circumstances of this incident will be reviewed with the state's attorney, officials said.

This happened about 50 miles from me. What I can't figure out is why someone who was injured in a car accident would then break in to someone's home. I'm guessing that he bailed from the accident due being drunk or high maybe.

Go figure. Hopefully no charges will be brought against the homeowner.
    Last edited by CT-Mike; November 5th, 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Why would they publish this guys address?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Why would they publish this guys address?
    If the BG's buddies go there and exact revenge, it'll be a sensational story and they'll sell more papers / get higher ratings.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I would love to read a follow up story where his friends did come by to exact revenge, and they all ended up in the same condition.

thought this is not ccw related,it reminded me of a story i read from the nra
    website. from memphis titled, AND YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD A BAD DAY.
    (AP) A man was arrested on thursday after a bizarre series of events that
    included crashing his car,getting shot at by homeower,breaking a resturant
    window,andstripping to his underwear.
    police said it started when a man crashed his car into a pole and started banging
    on the door of a near by house. after he kicked in a window, homeowner
    leroy bruce shot him. bruce said the man ran off and left his pants and other
    chothing behind. the bleeding suspect fled to a mcdonalds and threw a rock
    through the front window.
    witness lisa fuqua told wmc-tv that the man was easy for police to identify
    and that he had to be on some high-powered something.
    the suspect, who was not identified,was taking to the regional medical center.
    police said they will charge him when hes released. article dated nov.1,2007
    just makes me wonder about some peoples kids,andyou never know who or
    when some weirdo may come calling.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

"John Nagy told police that he may have shot the intruder at his home, located at 44 Berkshire Road in Southbury."

The sorry butt media often publishes the address of the real victim. Note that they did not give the address of the vermin.

i gotta puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Note that they did not give the address of the vermin.

i gotta puke.
    Isn't it ironic too?

It seems lately that CT. is becoming the "home" break-in capital of America. If the homeowner is charged, it will be open season on home burglaries in CT. And to publish his address to boot, ugh.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    I would love to read a follow up story where his friends did come by to exact revenge, and they all ended up in the same condition.
    +1 The only benefit I can see out of publishing his address is that it tells other would be robbers that if you break into that house, plan on getting shot.

On the flip side, they never should have disclosed the address without the homeowners permission. They could have mentioned what neighborhood or area of the jurisdiction it occurred but it wasn't necessary to be specific.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

can a private citizen stop the police and/or the media from publishing his/her address in situations such as this? why not publish the bad guys address instead?
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

One day after a newspaper publishes a GG's address the BG's homies will retaliate. I hope the paper then gets sued for MILLIONS!!!
    There’s an old and true, military motto, “Si vis pacem, para bellum” - “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

I live in CT. Thats why I have Guns and a 140 pound 4 legged set of eat. The state shut down a Mental Hospital some years ago,near our home and now we are seeing more and more sick people doing sick things. But this is a tree huggers,and kitty cat lovers state, we need the Castle Law. But I don't think we will ever see it in this state. I love the CCW laws in Israel. Having worked for many years in Law enforcement I think that the home owner may have a problem if the intruder was in fact unarmed. But we just had a mother and her two daughters killed by home intruders. So I hope the CT SPD sends a strong message crooks. Break into someones home. Get shot....Go to Jail..THE END. But we'll have to wait and see..

Not only did they not publish the address of the suspect, they withheld his name too. Name and address for the home owner.

-john

For his publishing of the victim's home address, John Pirro joins Christian Trejbal and others as members of the Criminal's Best Friend Guild. Honorable mention for a dishonorable act.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links