Purse Snatching Gone Good

This is a discussion on Purse Snatching Gone Good within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5738787 11/02/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A suspected purse snatcher didn't know what he was in for when he picked a woman in a Home Depot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse Snatching Gone Good

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Purse Snatching Gone Good

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5738787

11/02/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A suspected purse snatcher didn't know what he was in for when he picked a woman in a Home Depot parking lot for a victim. As soon as he grabbed her purse, the woman's husband grabbed a shotgun and opened fire.

It happened at the Home Depot on the Eastex Freeway near Little York. With as much activity during business hours there, you never know who may be waiting in the wings, night or day, ready to strike.

"I was just standing here and the guy just came up and pushed me real hard with a force, like it was a car that hit me. And he was just yanking my purse and my arm got twisted up in my purse and he just was just yanking it," said victim Sandra Hulsey.

Sandra may have looked like an easy target standing there as her husband, Norman, loaded wood into the couple's pickup truck. It turned out the suspect who shoved Sandra and tried to steal her purse didn't know who he was messing with.

"I had a board in my hand right here and I thought he was going to beg for money...is what I thought," said Norman. "He grabbed her and I already had that door open so I just grabbed my shotgun."

He fired a shot.

"The sound of the shotgun and that dude burning off -- it was funny," said eyewitness Freddy Butler.

Butler chased after the accused purse snatcher. who took off running and ended up asking a police officer for help.

"He displays a weapon and it scares the suspect," said a deputy on the scene. "The suspect runs up the police car and saying, 'Let me in. They are shooting at me'."

Police took the suspect into custody.

"The guy just didn't have any business doing what he was doing," said Sandra. "It's shaken me up but I'm OK."

The suspect was not injured. The Houston Police Department turned over the suspect to the Harris County Sheriff's Office. Deputies say they patrol this area pretty heavily and despite what happened out there Thursday, they have not had many problems in the area.
    (Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

Pretty funny that when faced with a weapon, he turns into a sheep and begs police to give him sanctuary. Too bad that the would-be robber didn't end up like the bear in "The Great Outdoors".

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That is one of the funniests stories I ever heard. Talking about your bad choices!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    That's awesome!

The criminal and the wife were probably really close together, struggling for the purse. Otherwise i'd imagine the dude would have actually aimed at the purse snatcher.

I always like these stories when the bad guy dies in the end.

The dirtbag attacks a woman...and then when the husband steps in, he runs to the police for help? Too bad the BG didn't become a lead magnent...lots of lead!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! He runs up to the cop car begging for protection from an armed citizen. Somewhere.. and I'm not sure where... there's a GREAT lesson there. haha
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

great story,,

What would have been funnier if the PO said "sorry, I don't do protection unless you are under arrest"...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thankyou, that made my day. He's lucky that he didn't get shot, DAMM!

VIP Member
    What makes a BG operate like that (public area, business hours, husband nearby)?

1. Stupidity
    2. Desperation for money/drugs
    3. Statements to the public about "just give the BG what he wants w/o resistance" motivating the BG
    4. Other
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    That's what we like...the BG's running to the LEO's...makes everyone safe!

"That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!"

Glad Hubby had a scatter gun and that the situation turned out OK.....for all three of 'em.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

What makes a BG operate like that? He's CRIMINAL, that's what!!

Great story..
    I love the quote from the witness:
    "The sound of the shotgun and that dude burning off -- it was funny," said eyewitness Freddy Butler.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Haha,good stuff! A criminal seeking help from a LEO,imagine that,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links