Boy, 15, shot dead during burglary

This is a discussion on Boy, 15, shot dead during burglary within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Skygod Did the kid deserve to die as result of the incident ? Just my .02 Was the property owner supposed to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy, 15, shot dead during burglary

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Did the kid deserve to die as result of the incident ?
    Just my .02
    Was the property owner supposed to wait until he was fired upon to confirm the potential of the threat?

If you're gonna run with the big dogs you can't piss like a puppy!

Sorry... the bottom line is, you play - you pay!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

M2
    Thanks for the replies, I am far from being an expert on the law and I guess never realized that if a fellow criminal is killed in a crime that the other is charged with it. Doesn't really make sense to me but it is not anything I am going to argue against, simply because I am a firm believer that if some criminal is stupid enough to try to rob someone, and that "victim" defends themselves, than the "victim" is well within his or her rights. I have absolultely zero sympathy for the criminals and/or their families, and I thank God that Texas now has Castle Doctrine to further protect the "victim." As far as I am concerned, criminals and terrorists should lose all their "rights" when they chose those "career paths."

'Nuff said, I am out of quotation marks!

Cheers! M2

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    ... never realized that if a fellow criminal is killed in a crime that the other is charged with it. Doesn't really make sense to me ...
    Basic logic: there is no free lunch. Going to bring crime, death and destruction into the path of others? Then, society's going to make you clean up the mess (or, at least "pay" for the mess).

And what a mess such houdlums leave, such as ... broken perimeter to the home/business; threats to the occupant; threat of loss of hard-earned property; forced to be involved in stopping a crime via death; foisting a death onto little Johnny's parents, who are likely grieving, and on the parents and family of little Bobby, who are wondering what turned their sweet little boy into a criminal; cost of the lost time dealing with everything; cost of the pain and loss of piece of mind; taking the police and medical personal away from far more important tasks than to truss up a criminal in a bag; cost of cleaning up the crime scene, once everyone has left; plus a number of other things I haven't thought of, I'm sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Rumor is that the homeowner asked both kids: "Could you please leave my property, it is 2:00 AM and I would like to go to sleep, pretty please"?

If I ever 'happen' upon two BG's in my house or garage at 2:00AM, I'm not going to be concerned if they have 1 or 2 parents, if they have been abused, if they've been belittled by their classmates or if they're on drugs or are drunk. My only concern is going to be whether they have a gun or another weapon, intend to do me harm and if me and my family are going to be unharmed at the end of the 'incident'.
    As far as I'm concerned once BG's invade someone's domain, all bet's are off. Breaking in, first mistake. If they did anything but turn around and walk out when confronted, second mistake. A pistol is too easily concealed. Case closed.
    BG's are everywhere but Orlando and Miami coast are two of the most dangerous areas in Florida. Just look at all of the police killed this year. Try living with these threats all around you.

"Did the kid deserve to die as result of the incident "?
    My opinion is: "Sadly, yes.

I'd have to agree...too bad his actions led to his own death.
    Wonder how long it will be before the victim get:
    1.sued by the parents
    2. Marched on by Sharpton/Jackson for not rolling over and being robbed
    3. Hit again by the BGs homies
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust,
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey !!

If a 15 year old is going to break into a place where he is not supposed to be, with the intent to rob or worse, then they should be ready to accept whatever the owner throws at them. We don't need new laws, just enforce the ones on the book and make the penalty sooooooooooo big that they will think about it before they do their thing.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links