How many of us have actually been shot at? - Page 2

How many of us have actually been shot at?

This is a discussion on How many of us have actually been shot at? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was lead tank going through a mine field in Desert Storm when fired upon by 50 cal. It was from the tank directly behind ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us have actually been shot at?

I was lead tank going through a mine field in Desert Storm when fired upon by 50 cal. It was from the tank directly behind us as we crossed the berm the Tank Commander leaned forward on the butterfly trigger. Put several rounds in our bussel rack and my barracks bag. Fired on by the enemy some other times but didn't know it in a 65 ton abrams.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah fairway, Baltimore is like that... I think its like DC, guns have been outlawed. I lived there for a few years, it wasnt my favorite place.
    Next time, lock the door behind you.
    Yeah, I started locking the doors after that, but it didn't help, I was pulled out of a Ford Expedition limo that I had just popped after the debtor smashed the pass. window out with a bat and hit the power door lock, and his buddy was at the driver door, opened it up and pulled me out and threw me on the ground. That happened in the Bronx.

Mostly indirect fire while in Iraq. Only once was it direct fire.

As a civilian, my neighbor set up a shooting range that he thought was pretty safe. It wasn't as I found out as bullets whizzed over my head while I was walking to my treestand one day. And there was another time while I was turkey hunting, turned out another guy was hunting the same tom I was and he got it first, about ten yards in front of my face. Neither of us saw eachother until after the fact. And there was another time antelope hunting in South Dakota where me and two of my friends got between two long range hunters and a herd of antelope. Some people are scare me once the season starts!
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I was 16 and just HAD to take my new f-150 (150,000 miles on it, but new to me) off roading. I was crusing mildly to inappropriatly fast with my music BLARING (i was 16 give me a break) and drove right by this guys trailer out in the middle of NOWHERE. Well the path ended and forced me to make a uturn. When i was on my way back i saw the guy outside of his trailer with a rifle. I wasn't sticking around to find out why he had that out. Three days later my dad asked me why i had a bullet hole in my quarter panel... It was tough to explain especially since I wasn't a. supposed to be offraoding and B. never heard him fire. turns out it was a methlab. From then on i understood why my parents made rules and for the most part didn't have a problem obeying them.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Like P95carry was shot at as a teenager with BB guns, back then there wasn't any paint ball guns, so you know boys will be boys

But also was shot at while in the desert in California by the Mexican boarder at night with a camp fire going, we heard bullets whizzing by our heads and we returned fire.This will date me, we were riding three wheelers.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I once got shot in the stomach with an arrow.
    Does that count or do you need a loud BANG and flying lead?

Several times

First off... Great site! This will be my first post.

I have been in many shootings and armed stand off's in my 35 years on this earth. That's why I carry 24/7.

#1, Bird hunting with my Dad in N. Idaho. I was 14 or so. I guess we got a little close to this guy's track of land even though we had permission to be where we were. He began shooting at us with bird shot from about 150 yards away. We got rained on with lead. My Dad and I both aimed at this jerk but did not fire.
    #2, Armed stand off while target shooting on a logging road in N. Carolina near Ft. Bragg. Some jerk and his son thought we were shooting at him and they, in their drunken state, confronted my buddy and I with pistols drawn. Not too smart as we were armed as well. I was able to talk them down after showing them our targets and such. Only once did they aim their pistols. Most of the time they were pointed near their feet.
    #3, Desert Storm w/ 82nd Airborne Div. in W. Iraq. Border crossing during ground war into bunker/trench complex. Iraqi forces fired rocket propeled grenades and small arms fire near my position (100 yds to my right). They all gave up when a supporting platoon member fired 2 TOW missiles into the bunker that was engaging us. They all gave up after the 2 hits. My unit took thousands of prisoners that day.
    #4, Bosnia-Hertzogovina, SETAF 3/325 Airborne Bat. Combat Team securing Tuzla airbase. Our flight into the airbase we took fire and observed green tracers whizing by the aircraft as the pilot made most of us sick as he took evasive action. Also on New Year green tracer fire over head (mostly celebration I hope).
    #5, Armed stand off in the DMZ, Boznia-Hertz. While patrolling the DMZ my platoon confronted an armed Boznian squad. Our mission was to disarm anyone found in the DMZ. They did not like that and gave us the "Cut Throat" sign and began displaying agressive posturing. A quick call to the Appachee air suport unit near by quelled their urge to fight us after the chopper hovered 100 ft. off the deck to our left.

Thanks for forum, state6three8

i've been shot at, or been in a group of people who were shot at, on a few occasions. just part and parcel of growing up in the bronx. it was usually over a neighborhood beef, or gang related.

Ive acutely been shot, bird hunting/Dick Chaney type deal.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Yep, but only in the sandboxes and as "kids w/ BB guns." So far, nothing stateside (luckily). And SIXTO, if you ever do start a thread about being shot at during training, I have some contributions...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Lived in Milwaukee. Someone broke into my house and I greeted them with a shotgun. Cops were called and they took him away. Well his little gang banger buddies didn't like that one bit so they decided to do a drive by on my house.

I was watching TV and saw lights go out on a car in the middle of the street. I told my mom to get down, call the cops, and I grabbed my shotgun and quick handful of ammo for spares (only gun I had and always had it loaded with slugs) and laid down behind the front door. After the gunfire stopped and they tried to drive away, I went outside and exchanged gunfire with them. One poor SOB got out of the car, probably to get better aim and took a 20ga Brenneke slug COM. Police came. No charges were filed. The prosecutor said it was a "miscalculation in victim selection".

We moved the next week. This happened in a "good" neighborhood.

I was 14 years old at the time. Changed me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    ...When I got back to the office my manager would not let me call the police. Instead he called the debtor and blackmailed them into paying off the debt or else. One hour later an envelop slid under the door with the $300 + dollars in it that they owed and that was that...
    Well, Maverick...you really had a thoughtful boss!Sheeeesh...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    As a kid with a Crossman air pistol, and once in the 60's up in the DMZ in Korea.

The kid with the Crossman didn't miss, thankfully the (North?) Korean did.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...Second time was as a rookie LEO. Dirtball leaned out a second floor window of an apartment building and shot four times at me and my partner. He missed us but the city bought the landlord a new window and some carpet...
    SIXTO always tell stories with happy endings...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was 16 and walking home from a friend's house. There was a local wannabe thug (pudgy 13 year-old!) that had been taking shots at random people with a .22 from his BR window across the street over the last few weeks. The police had visited, but he was still at home for whatever reason. Anyway, I heard a crack and saw the spark of a round hitting the asphalt next to me at almost the same instant. Needless to say, he had a quickly moving target to deal with after that. He only fired once. I called the cops, but they were unable to determine where the shot came from.
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links