How many of us have actually been shot at? - Page 6

How many of us have actually been shot at?

This is a discussion on How many of us have actually been shot at? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; USMC 1969 – 1971. Yes. “Working” in New Orleans – night out with my brother. Guess we left the club with the wrong girls. No ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How many of us have actually been shot at?

USMC 1969 – 1971. Yes.

“Working” in New Orleans – night out with my brother. Guess we left the club with the wrong girls. No damage – I don’t know what the guy had but I would have put it’s power below a BB gun. No damage but you can probably guess the pucker factor.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Been shot at a few times, been blown up once.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Been shot at a few times, been blown up once.
    im proud to say that i have never been blown up. (or shot at for that matter)

SAMs, mortars, rockets and bullets in Afghanistan. Mortars, RPGs, and bullets in Iraq. And once while I was deer hunting as a teenager.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    More than a few times while vacationing in S.E. Asia back in the 60's. Only one guy got lucky--I still have the hole in my hip to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindShooter View Post
    I still visit some of the firefights regularly at night.
    A couple of times in the last millennia No one ever tells you that they are going to hang out with you forever
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Having been a paramedic in a Metro high crime area....I have been shot at several times. That means diving under the truck usually. The fact that we only have shears for protection isn't good. I have also knocked weapons from the hands of people before they could shoot. One was a woman whose husband being found with another woman decided to fake a siezure. While I was talking to wife, she started to draw a gun. I took my flashlight and knocked it from her hand as LE were coming in. They got it. If I never had to look down the barrel of another gun...it would be ok with me.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

P.I. 1986. Anyone remember Col. Honason? 1989 Detroit (actually Romulus) shotgun blast back window Nissan Stanza while driving. Still here and kickin
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 18th, 2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Deleted Profanity

Rockets once, Mortars , frags and land mines (l guess now IED's) more then once They said convoys would be safe . Truck drivers will believe anything you tell them da Viet-Nam 68,69,70 was it really that long ago?
    It is not wrong to be Right
    An apeaser is a man who hopes that the crocidle eats him last

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Dear Blind Shooter and other veterans - sorry this is a couple of days late. Thanks for putting yourself in harm's way for me and my family. And for the grief you have yet today as a result.
    It took me a moment to finish typing this, as my tears welled up. No, I can't say it appropriately-wish I could. I appreciate you all.
    Couldnt have said it better myself... God Bless You All...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Mortars once, a buddy of mine was in that chow hall in Iraq when it blew up, thanks to man up stairs made it out minus a few teeth and some parts of a jaw. but hey, who needs that kinda stuff when you just got your life spared?

-Alex

Twice
    The first was an armed standoff with a juvenile that lasted about eight long hours. He would shoot out the doors and windows of the house (rural area) with shotguns and .38Special, but not directly at us.

The second one was a domestic and I was shot in the chest with a 22rifle, fortunately I was wearing my vest that night (which wasn't dept. policy and something I randomly wore, but wore regularly after that night). I had a welt and bruise, but the vest did it's job, even on that fast little 22 bullet.
    Last edited by Devone6; November 21st, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

Out at the lake one time, some idiots on the other side were skipping bullets across the lake, some were coming across the lake at stumps near us... we had a 30.06 with us but didn't shoot back, we just got out of there...

Shot At

Three times. The fear of losing control of my bowels nearly equaled the death fear the first time. The other two were so fast, all I could do was try not to shake, see the front, sight and press.

Took about seven years of repeated nightmares to get over defending my life.

So I have to be armed or I can't sleep. No heroes, just survivors.

Yes, retired 1SGT US Army w/ 26 yrs and I thank all of our active duty service men/women.
    You don't forget the times when you get shot at,I just don't talk about them.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links