Woman on the Rampage

This is a discussion on Woman on the Rampage within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.katc.com/global/story.asp?s=7350268 ssociated Press - November 12, 2007 9:14 PM ET ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (AP) - A cleaver-wielding ex-girlfriend was shot in the chest early this ...

Thread: Woman on the Rampage

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Woman on the Rampage

http://www.katc.com/global/story.asp?s=7350268

ssociated Press - November 12, 2007 9:14 PM ET

ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (AP) - A cleaver-wielding ex-girlfriend was shot in the chest early this morning at her former boyfriend's home in West Feliciana Parish.

Kimberly Davis was brought to a nearby hospital after she was shot in the chest around 1 a.m. She underwent surgery but her condition was not immediately available. Authorities say Davis will face charges of attempted second-degree murder upon her release.

West Feliciana Parish sheriff's officials say Davis kicked in the door of her former boyfriend's trailer. Investigators say he was in the bedroom with his new girlfriend when Davis, carrying a meat cleaver, stormed into the room. The new girlfriend was cut with the cleaver and then she reportedly pulled out a pistol and shot Davis in the chest.

Captain Spence Dilworth says the pistol used to shoot Davis was a .22 caliber. The sheriff's office say the shooter will NOT be charged.

I particularly like the last sentence.

2. Remove Ads

Wow.....my old "stomping grounds", although I never hung out at any of the "mobil estate"residents. She musta been one "not happy" cajun ex-girlfriend!

That's one cat fight I wouldn't ANY part of. "A woman scorned...."comes to mind.

+1 on the 'new' girlfriend deciding not to get cut any further.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If as reported ... Reap what you sow.

Brings up the question of the safety/security of the perimeter, in a trailer. It would seem that a simple bar could block the entry very easily. Wouldn't surprise me that such a thing doesn't occur to the guy, even after this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Wouldn't surprise me that such a thing doesn't occur to the guy, even after this.
    Very likely. In fact, he's probably bragging to his beer buddies about how studly he is to have two women try to kill each other over him.

I've never understood women (or men) who fight over ex-lovers. Exes aren't worth it. And now this dumb woman will have to pay for the rest of her life (or with her life) for it.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Yeah, why anyone gets so fixated on an ex is beyond me too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sounds like the new gf needs to upgrade to a 9mm and dump the bozo bf.
    There’s an old and true, military motto, “Si vis pacem, para bellum” - “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

VIP Member
    but a meat cleaver! She had to be trying to scare her to death...were do these people get these Ideas anyway..

Looks like the boyfriend is moving up in the world. He went from a knife wielder to a gun toter. he better rethink if he decides to leave his current girlfriend.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Links