Man Shoots Burglars: PASADENA, TX: MERGED - Page 11

Man Shoots Burglars: PASADENA, TX: MERGED

This is a discussion on Man Shoots Burglars: PASADENA, TX: MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My question is: Why is anyone marching for the perps? The two wolves were actually doing something that would bring shame to any family. To ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Man Shoots Burglars: PASADENA, TX: MERGED

My question is:
    Why is anyone marching for the perps?
    The two wolves were actually doing something that would bring shame to any family. To march through the streets looking to start trouble is beyond belief.
    Shame on those who defend robbing another man's home for personal gain.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I have no sympathy for those guys. It pisses me off to think about some scumbag stealing my belonging that I get out and bust my butt for every week.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    That is a seriously damning transcript. I'm about as pro self-defense as they come, and I'd vote to indict. The shooter was never in any danger, deadly or otherwise, that he did not intentionally put himslef in. He expresses his intent to kill long before he was ever even remotely threatened. He ignored the instructions - heck, the begging - of the dispatcher again and again. He is not a cop, is not in danger, is not protecting anyone from death or grave bodily injury. He fires two shots, pauses, and then a third... It looks really, really bad.

If he weren't in TX, I'd almost guarantee an indictment, if not a conviction.
    Agreed.

Certainly sounds like he was looking to pull the trigger from the start. If that happened here in KY he would already be serving time.

This is not the way to handle a situation like this. It would have been better to grab a camera and shoot some pictures.

Me thinks he has a tough road ahead.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I just bet that if you run the bad guys criminal histories and then run the good guys history you will find that he did us all a favor.

I hope all goes good for the old guy.
    Philip L. McCleary
    Security via CCW
    and a lot of practice
    Dispatchers have the best jobs
    we tell the police where to go and they have
    to do it. Policy manual says so.

de N4LNE

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcclearypl View Post
    I just bet that if you run the bad guys criminal histories and then run the good guys history you will find that he did us all a favor.

I hope all goes good for the old guy.
    I bet if you'd read the thread you'd reconsider.

One guy had NO record, one had a prior conviction for failing to ID himself to law enforcement. They are still BGs (burglars, to be exact), but they ain't exactly Bonnie and Clyde...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

GBS,
    I don't think they were "marching for the perps" per se as much as they were asking why Horn was not arrested. I have only lived in Texas for a year now and when I first heard/read/saw Quanel X in the news he reminded me very me of some people that were screaming about my department back in Maryland. At times he reminds me of Al Sharpton back in the Tawanna Brawley days. I am still trying to sort out if some of the local media here has an anti law enforcement bias or not. If the majority of what I am seeing on the news and reading in the Chronicle is correct, Quanel X may have some valid points. One of the big issues he harps on is apparent disparate treatment by law enforcement based on race. Shortly after this incident took place he was in the news saying that if Horn was a black man and the burglars were white he would have been hauled off in handcuffs. Is it true? I don't know.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Race doesn't enter into it. I didn't know the dead guys were black until it was mentioned here. Doesn't change my opinion one way or the other.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Marching for wolves, and yes they were doing wolfish activities, really sends a message that it's ok to be a wolf, and no matter what evil is done, wolves will have defenders. But yet, let a sheeple stop a wolf, and all of a sudden there are volunteers to build a scaffold and gleeful sheeple who will grease the trap door for free (and have their picture taken while doing it). I am appauled that there are so few defenders of the fellow.

If I ever get into a situation where there is a jury trial, if you believe starting a riot is good citizenship for whatever excuse, please raise your hand so I can at least have a reasonably fair trial.

Race doesn't enter into it. I didn't know the dead guys were black until it was mentioned here. Doesn't change my opinion one way or the other.
    Agreed.
    I too had no idea of this until just right now reading the above posts.

Could Horn have had some residual personal issue upon seeing two Black guys dong a B&E as opposed to say white guys, I don't know. It's possible.
    Does it matter as to the facts as they stand and are well known aside from this new news. Nope.
    The bottom line is clear as his voice on the 911 tape.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thumbs up

Here's a question - how many of you would be Charles Bronsons have ever killed another human being? I think it might, just might, give you another perspective...

I knew if I read enough of these posts, I'd eventually find this point!

I can happily say that I haven't, mainly because of having been 4F and not being admitted in the military during Vietnam.

Two of my best friends got in though, one ended up in the 82nd and the other in the Special Forces. These were very close friends, we shared everything with each other and both had had to kill up close and personal. The S/F member was even an ear collector, I sometimes thought he was a bit scary. He became a Union orginizer and ended up floating in Lake Michigan. As "bad" as these two were, and having killed, I was the shoulder that thy actually cried on at times of some flashbacks to those moments.

They both told me they had done what they had to do, but hated the fact that they had to do it; and obviously found it hard to live with.

Yes some deserve to die for their deeds. To me, it doesn't seem to be a pleasant act however. And if there is any other way...

Thanks for pointing this out OPPFOR.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

VIP Member
    GBS - let's not get confused here. No one, least of all me, is condoning the acts of the burglars. No one, least of all me, is condoning inciting a riot as a means of protest/dissent (though, to the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been anything approaching a riot in this case).

Perhaps some of these people are marching "for" the burglars, but I'm certainly not. I'm "marching" (from my keypad, anyway) against murder, unbridled vigilantism, and extra-judicial execution for property crime.

Any cliff's notes of the discussion so far? Don't have time for 17 pages :(

VIP Member
    imatt - find the 9-1-1 transcripts and read those, at least. The gist is that some folks think the shooter did the world a favor by killing two bad guys, and some think he crossed the line with his comments to the 9-1-1 dispatcher and his seemingly very strong desire to kill. (Hope that was a fair represtation, as I'm firmly on one side of the argument...lol)

imatt-

Also, from what I gather, during the investigation it seems as though there is evidence that at least one of the burglars either came at Mr. Horn, or was on his property when he fired. This is info I got from this thread, but it is buried somewhere in the 17 pages... This could give Mr. Horn some justification for what he did, but it doesn't cover up the fact that he told the 911 call taker that he was going to kill the two BGs before he even left his home.
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

VIP Member
    dang.45, if you come across that post/info that suggested hotile acts by the burglars, or that they were on Mr. Horn's property, please direct it to me - I don't remember seeing any actual evidence of either of those things on this thread, but then again there have been 17 pages of posts and I might have missed something! Thanks.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links