Justice!! - Page 2

Justice!!

This is a discussion on Justice!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mr.stuart I notice the parents of criminals like these men always seem to talk about what good men they were.Could it be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I notice the parents of criminals like these men always seem to talk about what good men they were.Could it be a parent problem?
    And the answer is, "YES". Too bad the third "stop the threat" didn't turn out better.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    I'm surprised that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, the poverty pimp tag team, aren't there right now. The race card is easy to play.

California calls it Provocative Act, but we have the same thing, only it's called Felony Murder. We even had a getaway driver who never participated in the actual robbery convicted of this. Mandatory natural life sentence, no parole allowed.
    You can bet Jesse and Al will show up when the cameras begin to roll.

They are like Pavlov's dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase2b View Post
    The sparsely populated county of 13,000 people is 91 percent white and 2 percent black.
    Umm, I think those percentages have changed at this point.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    You can bet Jesse and Al will show up when the cameras begin to roll.
    They are like Pavlov's dogs.
    Of course....Don't think those two race hustlers would miss this do you.

Well now lets be fair. Those guys probably didn't have any money to buy the MJ so they wanted to trade the baseball bat for it. Then there was probably a terrible accident and and the step son fell against the bat.

Reminds me of the joke about the guy accused of stabbing someone to death. During his trial he claimed it was an accident. He said he was just walking down the street cleaning his fingernails with a Bowie knife when the victim ran around a corner and accidentally impaled himself on the knife.................. 17 times.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    was charged by prosecutors in this overwhelmingly white county under a rarely invoked legal doctrine that could make him responsible for the bloodshed.
    He is scheduled to go on trial Nov. 27.."

charged with first-degree murder under California's Provocative Act doctrine, versions of which have been on the books in many states for generations but are rarely used.
    The NAACP complained that prosecutors came down too hard on Hughes, who also faces robbery, burglary and assault charges.."

It is used all the time.

The Rev. Amos Brown, head of the San Francisco chapter of the NAACP and pastor at Hughes' church, said the case demonstrates the legal system is racist in remote Lake County, aspiring wine country 100 miles north of San Francisco..."

The sparsely populated county of 13,000 people is 91 percent white and 2 percent black...."

Brown and other NAACP officials are asking why the homeowner is walking free. tests showed Edmonds had marijuana and prescription medication in his system the night of the shooting. ...."

"This man had no business killing these boys," Brown said. "They were shot in the back. They had fled.".."
    :

San Francisco schoolteacher Judy Hughes, said she believes the group didn't intend to rob the family, just buy marijuana. She called the case against her son a "legal lynching.".."
    :

"Only God knows what happened in that house," she said. "But this I know: My son did not murder his childhood friends."
    .."

Gee… if this paper leaned any more to the left it would be printed side ways. Let’s make saint of the sinners.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

In Washington it is a capitol crime no if ands or butts if someone gets killed during the commission of a felony. It's a given that you know someone can die while they are committing a crime. So if someone dies. We fix em right up for the big nod in the sky. Could care less if they are Negroid, Latino, Asian or Caucasian. They all fry up the same. Wish Bill Cosby would chime in on this love what he has to say about the "brothers" disgracing his people. Know he would have some choice words for the mom too. Spoke at a Voc. Tech out here last week. Why do I think if it was three white boys that did that in CA the surviving scumbag would be getting executed?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I don't think the 3rd guy realizes just how lucky he is.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_FLA View Post
    Then over in Louisiana the Jena Six.
    Six blacks kill a white kid and all the blacks say is that "it's ok, he called them names."
    It would be nice if you are going to use an example to justify your prejudice to try to get some of the info right. The white teen was beaten not killed. One was tried, found guilty, and had the conviction overturned. The activity that let to the beating was someone placing three nooses in a tree. The young man who was beaten was not suspected of having anything to do with the nooses.

I don't condone the the hanging of the nooses, nor the beating of the teen. I just want to set the record straight and destroy your argument.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

When a group that comprises about 15% of the population commits around 70% of the felonies in this country, mention of that fact does not constitute racism. It constitutes the truth.

Do I profile? You bet your sweet ass I do! I do it for the reason stated above. You act like a "gangsta", you are treated like one. Instant condition orange.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Reverend Brown, just because the two dead BG's were shot in the back does not prove that they were fleeing and were no longer a threat. They were probably still taking turns swinging the baseball bat on the stepson's head. And to say the homeowner has no business defending his family if he has prescribed medicine in his system is ridiculous.

Mom, this is not a racist based lynching. Many states have laws that permit an accomplice to be charged with the murder of his associate(s), and they use them. Maybe it's rarely used in California, as the article indicates, but that doesn't mean it's not the law. How can you discount the fact that the son you raised to be pond scum broke into a family’s home at 4:00 a.m. and beat their son nearly to death? His two friends got what was coming to them. Your no-good son is lucky to be alive, and only charged with murder, assault, etc., but still breathing.

Hughes' mother, San Francisco schoolteacher Judy Hughes, said she believes the group didn't intend to rob the family, just buy marijuana. She called the case against her son a "legal lynching."
    "Only God knows what happened in that house," she said. "But this I know: My son did not murder his childhood friends."
    Hm. 4am, three people entering the home, baseball bat bludgeoning of a 19yr old man. A "drug buy" at 4am? Pretty unusual time to arrange a buy, would you say? Didn't intend to rob; only intended to buy? I would say that breaking in and wailing on the occupants with baseball bats is a strange way to identify yourself as a customer. Assuming that police records show a break-in and a 4am situation, it's hard to lend any credence to this woman's statements about her good, God-fearing son and his intentions.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have to wonder exactly what kind of information and "values" are taught in Judy Hughes' classroom.

Observation: Ms. Hughes teaches in San Francisco, and since she belongs to Rev. Amos Brown's church, it's safe to assume she lives in SF. By Google maps, Clearlake is 108 miles away. Assuming that her son lives with her (a stretch, perhaps, but - otherwise, how would she know he didn't murder his childhood friends?), being 108 miles from home at 4 am seems more than a wee bit odd to me.

Talking

No racism here: if somebody causes the death of another person in the commission of a crime, they should be charged with murder. The racism charge is BS.

Another good shoot, almost a perfect score. 1 miss.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links