Good Kid!!!

This is a discussion on Good Kid!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know about you guys but I have seen countless security camera tapes of robbers, especially young thug type robbers who are leaving the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Kid!!!

I don't know about you guys but I have seen countless security camera tapes of robbers, especially young thug type robbers who are leaving the scene of their crime and turn at the last second and fire at the clerk just for the hell of it. If you get hit by a lucky shot by the thug you are still just as dead.

He's still a threat even if he is on his way out, or appears to be on his way out. He brought this injury on himself by pulling a knife and robbing the store and threatening someone else's life.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I don't think there are any "legal" crimes...

A knife...versus a gun...???

Still a threat to "everyone"...he is leaving...would it not be better to let the LEO's handle it...therefore, doing it again is a foregone conclusion.

Listen...I am not for the BG...and we don't know the whole story...I suspect more will be said as the story unfolds. It always does...

Rick
    Bandit I meant "legal" as in shooting the BG!

A knife will kill you just as dead as a gun! Unless you advocate parody of force? If BG has a screwdriver or anything in his hand and is trying to use it as a weapon I will kill him with what ever I have at my disposal! A threat is a threat and dead is dead! It doesn't matter how a BG does it, the result is the same!
    he is leaving...would it not be better to let the LEO's handle it...therefore, doing it again is a foregone conclusion.
    How many lives could be ruined by the time he is arrested or killed by LE? Most States are moving away from letting people be just victims, allowing us to defend ourselves. Crime needs a hefty price to pay, if not, then the keep their "crime does pay" mentality!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    How many lives could be ruined by the time he is arrested or killed by LE? Most States are moving away from letting people be just victims, allowing us to defend ourselves. Crime needs a hefty price to pay, if not, then the keep their "crime does pay" mentality!
    That is a pretty big leap ("lives theat could be ruined")...but "defend" is the operative word (hence "defensive carry").

Could of, would of, should of...there is no way I would shoot a guy in the back if he is leaving the scene of the crime...period end dot. We can armchair till dawn...and bring out all the video you want...but the fact remains, until he/she points whatever at me...and threatens me directly...will I take a defensive posture to protect myself or family. If he/she is walking out the door...it is not my 'direct' responsiblity to protect society. That has been charged to LEOs.

Rick

I personally would NOT shoot anyone that is no longer a threat to me or someone else, but the young brother probably felt the BG was still a threat, I doubt he shot out of malice.
    If you read my post I said the same thing!
    All I'm saying is that the 17yr old should not go to jail even if the BG was leaving!

Could of, would of, should of.
    It works both ways, Maybe younger brother thought he was going to turn around, maybe not, if he is still in the same room and still armed, he is still a threat!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm

I still don't get that mentality. It's OK to plug a murderer/robber in the act, but the second he's done and turns to leave, you can't? He's still a murderer/robber! Even trying to restrain him when he leaves the premises you might run the risk of violating HIS civil rights, or some such garbage.

It's like the old days before castle laws when you had to make sure the BG landed inside the house (or drag him back in!) when you plugged him. Plug him breaking in, but not in yet, and you're in trouble!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    I still don't get that mentality. It's OK to plug a murderer/robber in the act, but the second he's done and turns to leave, you can't? He's still a murderer/robber! Even trying to restrain him when he leaves the premises you might run the risk of violating HIS civil rights, or some such garbage.

It's like the old days before castle laws when you had to make sure the BG landed inside the house (or drag him back in!) when you plugged him. Plug him breaking in, but not in yet, and you're in trouble!
    I guess you have to look at the law...am I defending or am I just pissed...

I a bit chuckle with the "plugging"...it is simply that view that gets raised by the anti's...and provides them ammunition. You will not convince anybody that is on the fence or against that it is ok to plug under the scenario presented.

Being a robber or a murderer are not mutally inclusive. If I am defending myself from being harmed while being robbed...even the BG without a weapon...agreed. But to categorize all robbers as murderers...thus justifing my actions...even if not defending...you run the risk of being on the inside looking out.

Rick

I can't imagine he'll be charged. A knife is a lethal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I guess you have to look at the law...am I defending or am I just pissed...

I a bit chuckle with the "plugging"...it is simply that view that gets raised by the anti's...and provides them ammunition. You will not convince anybody that is on the fence or against that it is ok to plug under the scenario presented.

Being a robber or a murderer are not mutally inclusive. If I am defending myself from being harmed while being robbed...even the BG without a weapon...agreed. But to categorize all robbers as murderers...thus justifing my actions...even if not defending...you run the risk of being on the inside looking out.

Rick
    That is why some States have a "Castle doctrine"(like mine) , people are tired of being victims, and they want real protection from DAs and whomever that tend to be anti-gun.
    And you don't have to be a "murderer" to get shot, a BG can and have caused "great bodily harm" and not kill. and in my State that can warrant the use of deadly force. Where I live the BG doesn't have to fall into the house to be a good shoot, he can be in the yard, it can be anywhere I legally can be (yard, car, business, store, ect...).
    Whether I shoot or not depends on the situation of course, but if he is in the same room with a weapon I will still feel threatened, leaving or not!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links