Good Kid!!!

This is a discussion on Good Kid!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...s=det&psp=news It happened around 7:30 p.m. at Nick's Short Stop party store in Clinton Township located at Cass Road and Romeo Plank The 17-year-old clerk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Kid!!!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Good Kid!!!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...s=det&psp=news

It happened around 7:30 p.m. at Nick's Short Stop party store in Clinton Township located at Cass Road and Romeo Plank

The 17-year-old clerk said he was protecting his brother who was being held up by a knife.

"I just want people to understand we are the victims and I hope he is OK," store owner John Acho said.

Acho said he wants to make sure people know his nephew was acting in self-defense.

Police said the robber had a knife.

"I hope he is OK, but he had no right to come in here and rob the store and try to hurt people," said Acho.

Police said the clerk fired several shots at the 22-year-old robber, hitting him once in the chest and once in the arm.

The robber is hospitalized in grave condition, according to officials.

This is the second robbery of the store since Acho purchased it a month ago.

The Macomb County prosecutor office will decide whether charges will be filed against the clerk.

2 hits in a stressful life-or-death situation is pretty good for anybody, let alone a 17 y/o kid.

BRAVO!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    [url]The Macomb County prosecutor office will decide whether charges will be filed against the clerk.[/i]
    BRAVO!!
    Let me help decide; "Ummm. . . . . NO!!!!"

charged ?

They should be giving the kid a medal, not considering charging him!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Charges?

News reports suggest the robber was on his way out, and was shot near the door. Doesn't sound like shooting was necessary at that point.

No, Leave the guy along.BG should know the he might get shot in his line of work!

VIP Member
    Hope it turns out good for the kid...

Quote Originally Posted by johnbrodie View Post
    News reports suggest the robber was on his way out, and was shot near the door. Doesn't sound like shooting was necessary at that point.
    So, you're suggesting that as criminals leave the store...they never turn and fire, just for yuks? Granted, this one pulled a knife, but am I to trust he had nothing else in his pockets?

Once the BG starts the (armed or not) robbery progress, he/she needs to be 'drilled' as many times as possible until the potential threat is no longer moving/breathing...which ever comes first!

We need to make crime a very dangerous occupation...for the BG!

OMO, others may differ...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ARMED ROBBERY?
    Yes, that is to be met with deady response.
    Too many people act like the store is Czechoslovakia and the thieves are Nazi.
    Let them have it and they'll leave us alone.
    What about tomorrow and the next day.
    What if you get a reputation as an easy mark in a bad neighborhood.
    Detroit is the most dangerous city in America. Ergo, defend yourself.

If this "suspect" hadn't been killed today, what about tomorrow? How many lives were saved because of the 17yr olds actions? Who knows about the future, I just know this wouldn't have not been the last crime this person would have committed (if he had not been shot), and would have gotten more brazen with each crime he would have committed in the future!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    If this "suspect" hadn't been killed today, what about tomorrow? How many lives were saved because of the 17yr olds actions? Who knows about the future, I just know this wouldn't have not been the last crime this person would have committed (if he had not been shot), and would have gotten more brazen with each crime he would have committed in the future!

I think your thoughts are along the lines of "the end justifies the means".

The 17-year-old clerk said he was protecting his brother who was being held up by a knife.

I think the are still a few unanswered questions...a 17 yr old with a gun in a store for starters (is this legal?). Was his brother being threatened at the time of the shooting? I wonder if there are camera tapes?

No sympathy for the BG...and hope he pays a heavy price. But don't think this is a black and white as the article might leave one to believe.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    No sympathy for the BG...and hope he pays a heavy price. But don't think this is a black and white as the article might leave one to believe.

Rick
    I don't think any shooting, is black and white. Every shooting you read about, whether it be an honest citizen protecting themselves, or law enforcement, shooting some thug, they allways end with, "we don't know if charges will be filed." In a sane world everyone should know charges will be filed, on the BG if he survives. Instead, with all the legal loopholes, we have to look and make sure none of the thugs "rights" were violated. IMO the thugs "rights" went out the window, as soon as he started waving a knife around. Sorry about the rant, but I get so tired of hearing about, honest citizens being treated like criminals and criminals treated like victims.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE1970 View Post
    I don't think any shooting, is black and white. Every shooting you read about, whether it be an honest citizen protecting themselves, or law enforcement, shooting some thug, they allways end with, "we don't know if charges will be filed." In a sane world everyone should know charges will be filed, on the BG if he survives. Instead, with all the legal loopholes, we have to look and make sure none of the thugs "rights" were violated. IMO the thugs "rights" went out the window, as soon as he started waving a knife around. Sorry about the rant, but I get so tired of hearing about, honest citizens being treated like criminals and criminals treated like victims.
    No worries...but connecting the dots between "honest citizens" (a youth) treated like a criminal (not sure where you get that impression, but the laws...like it or not...still the law) and the criminal treated as a victim (not sure he was or is...jury is still out) is still a far away conclusion.

Rick

Bandit, first off I know that we don't know all the facts and probably never will. With that being said, the 22yr old is of legal age to have a firearm, I doubt the 17yr old was carrying, that the weapon was there for any employee to have access to and the younger most likely the only one that nearest to it. It is sad that a person that young would have to resort to such actions, but I think he did what he felt he had to do!

I personally would NOT shoot anyone that is no longer a threat to me or someone else, but the young brother probably felt the BG was still a threat, I doubt he shot out of malice.

Legal or not if someone commits a violent crime w/ a weapon even if he is leaving, he is still a threat to everyone, he will do it again or worst! I'm not saying that everyone take matters into their own hands, but if he just committed a crime and is leaving with said weapon in hand he is still a threat!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    Legal or not if someone commits a violent crime w/ a weapon even if he is leaving, he is still a threat to everyone, he will do it again or worst! I'm not saying that everyone take matters into their own hands, but if he just committed a crime and is leaving with said weapon in hand he is still a threat!
    I don't think there are any "legal" crimes...

A knife...versus a gun...???

Still a threat to "everyone"...he is leaving...would it not be better to let the LEO's handle it...therefore, doing it again is a foregone conclusion.

Listen...I am not for the BG...and we don't know the whole story...I suspect more will be said as the story unfolds. It always does...

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links