Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect - Page 2

Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect

This is a discussion on Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After the off-duty officer ... identified himself as a police officer ... The person who was tampering with the car pointed a handgun at the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,083
    After the off-duty officer ... identified himself as a police officer ... The person who was tampering with the car pointed a handgun at the officer ...

    “Fearing for his life, the officer fired one shot from his department-issued handgun at the subject who pointed the gun at him,” Wilkes said.
    Thievery's a bad business. Not as bad as attempted murder, though. Do that to someone, and you should expect an appropriate response, as was done in this case.

    Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect
    The headline really should be altered, to read something like this: Attempted Murder Thwarted By Off-Duty Cop. "Suspect," hm? You mean, the man on the other end of the barrel? His actions were pretty suspect, I'll grant that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array Supertac45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Michigan's U.P.
    Posts
    3,657
    Excellant job.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

  3. #18
    Member Array imatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Nice shooting for sure.

    And all for a Grand Am. I own one and let me tell you that they are NOT worth dying over.
    It wasn't stealing or trying to steal the Grand Am that got him killed - it was pointing a gun at the officer.

    Bravo to the officer, but I'm sorry he has to live with it.

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array tns0038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesnofoa View Post
    Headshot!!!
    WOW bad to the bone under presure

  5. #20
    Member Array garn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    239
    I'm glad the police officer and others were not harmed and good guys prevailed, but it's a little disturbing to see some of you making comments about warm fuzzy feelings and making jokes over a person that was killed. Don't take this the wrong way!

    Yea, he was a criminal, in the wrong, etc. etc. But it was still a human life. Also, in the rare case that you have to use your gun to defend yourself, and the state decides to look into your case a bit more, and they happen to stumble upon threads like this in which you might have posted such a comment, I don't think the DA is going to get a "warm fuzzy feeling" about you... just something to think about.
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

  6. #21
    Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texan in NWFlorida
    Posts
    1,588

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm just going to take an educated guess that it was a lucky shot...
    Don't let him hear you say that.

    St. Louis has got to be a bad place. Last year it was the #1 crime city, losing out to Detroit this year.
    Sad to say but the honest folks now have one less BG to worry about. That is a good thing.


    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

    GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

  7. #22
    Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jefferson City, MO
    Posts
    914
    Another wasted life. I can't cheer because a young life was cut short. The good guys won, yes, but the lose of a young life before he really had a chance to become something in life is not something to cheer about!

    The real story here is how violent and willing to shoot the bg's, even the young ones, have become. Another reason to carry all the time.

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array sass20485's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,093
    Nice job.

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by garn View Post
    I'm glad the police officer and others were not harmed and good guys prevailed, but it's a little disturbing to see some of you making comments about warm fuzzy feelings and making jokes over a person that was killed. Don't take this the wrong way!
    I'm not taking it the wrong way.

    I'm HAPPY when a criminal vermin ends up DEAD at the hands of a righteous do-gooder. Society benefits, humanity benefits. One less pernicious threat to worry about.

    No, seriously, it makes me HAPPY when I read that a criminal has been eliminated; and I make no apology for feeling that way.



    Yea, he was a criminal, in the wrong, etc. etc. But it was still a human life.
    You say that as if it's axiomatic that all human lives are equally worthy, no matter what the owner of that life has chosen to do with it (i.e. donate food to the poor, versus prey on the innocent).

    Sorry, a human life that has taken to stealing, and pointing guns at the good guys (with the intent to murder) is NOT a human life worth anything, and the ending of that life is, indeed, a good thing.


    Also, in the rare case that you have to use your gun to defend yourself, and the state decides to look into your case a bit more, and they happen to stumble upon threads like this...
    Is there any evidence whatsoever that they do so? And if your shoot was legally justified, it's a moot issue anyway. Doesn't matter what I said last week or last year or yesterday: if I shot a guy today because he was pointing a gun at me and yelling that he was gonna kill me if I didn't "give it up," that's all that matters.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    Another wasted life. I can't cheer because a young life was cut short. The good guys won, yes, but the lose of a young life before he really had a chance to become something in life is not something to cheer about!
    Oh, come on.
    How long does society have to wait, and let itself be preyed upon by a criminal who just hasn't "yet" found it in himself to obey the law and stop victimizing the innocent?

    You say this as though he might have been one car theft away from going straight, getting his GED, and heading off to med school. Puhlease...

    "Before he really had a chance to become something in life"? I say he had already made his choice to be what he was. What he was, was a scumbag criminal, and he got what scumbag criminals get.

    Would you prefer the cop wasn't so "eager to shoot" and instead let the perp get shots off that hit and killed the cop?? As it is, the story says that the perps fired shots.

    Forgive me (if you want), but I'm cheering.

  11. #26
    Member Array Manan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hoosier
    Posts
    153
    Unfortunately this LEO had to do what was necessary. Fortunately he did do it.

    In an unrelated matter: You guys do realize that if any of you are ever involved in a defensive shooting incident, that what you post anywhere, if traceable back to you, will be reviewed by prosecutors and civil attorneys. Anyway, just some food for thought.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array grady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    St. Louis has got to be a bad place. Last year it was the #1 crime city, losing out to Detroit this year.
    We may have lost our title for now, but... but... wait'll next year!

    Seriously, there are areas in St. Louis we refer to as Beirut, and they look the part. Those areas are like war zones. But there are also many nice areas once you get away from the high crime districts. The metro area has perhaps 100 municipalities which are often not included in St. Louis statistics, so a report only on St. Louis city makes the entire area seem crime infested. Of course we always need to keep our guard up, but there are many established neighborhoods that are generally peaceful and, for the most part, seemingly safe.

    Good shot for the officer, especially under stress. He certainly minimized the chances of collateral damage by firing only one shot.

  13. #28
    Member Array garn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I'm not taking it the wrong way.

    I'm HAPPY when a criminal vermin ends up DEAD at the hands of a righteous do-gooder. Society benefits, humanity benefits. One less pernicious threat to worry about.

    No, seriously, it makes me HAPPY when I read that a criminal has been eliminated; and I make no apology for feeling that way.
    Good deal,

    I'm not happy about it, content would be the word for my feelings, better them than the good guy. Thats the way it should be, you shouldn't feel sorry for feeling that way, otherwise it would wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    You say that as if it's axiomatic that all human lives are equally worthy, no matter what the owner of that life has chosen to do with it (i.e. donate food to the poor, versus prey on the innocent).

    Sorry, a human life that has taken to stealing, and pointing guns at the good guys (with the intent to murder) is NOT a human life worth anything, and the ending of that life is, indeed, a good thing.
    Thats not exactly what I'm saying, just that I value the idea of life. I'm not associating a value of one life compared to the other, just speaking in general.


    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Is there any evidence whatsoever that they do so? And if your shoot was legally justified, it's a moot issue anyway. Doesn't matter what I said last week or last year or yesterday: if I shot a guy today because he was pointing a gun at me and yelling that he was gonna kill me if I didn't "give it up," that's all that matters.
    If it matters to the jury and what they think, then sure it matters! Just like that guy in Texas recently, even if it was justified, after he said "I'm gonna go kill them" to the 911 operator, thats an aggressive statement to swallow.
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jefferson City, MO
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Oh, come on.
    How long does society have to wait, and let itself be preyed upon by a criminal who just hasn't "yet" found it in himself to obey the law and stop victimizing the innocent?

    You say this as though he might have been one car theft away from going straight, getting his GED, and heading off to med school. Puhlease...

    "Before he really had a chance to become something in life"? I say he had already made his choice to be what he was. What he was, was a scumbag criminal, and he got what scumbag criminals get.

    Would you prefer the cop wasn't so "eager to shoot" and instead let the perp get shots off that hit and killed the cop?? As it is, the story says that the perps fired shots.

    Forgive me (if you want), but I'm cheering.
    You miss my point. The officer did what he was trained to do in the manner he was trained. He did what he had to do and what we would expect him to do, and God bless him for that! (I'm a former LEO and know what it is like to have to use your weapon). But I think it cheapens us all when we cheer over the death (wasted life) of another human being.

  15. #30
    Member Array abuttermilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lubbock,TX
    Posts
    228
    Manan,
    So we need to live in fear of our judicial system?
    digitalexplr,
    So is it bad that taxpayers are tired of paying so many times for this criminal vermin? What is wrong with being honest? If you have been an LEO you know that the system takes way too long, releases them to the street to continue their crime spree until their hearingand that we will all have to suffer until this vermin "finds himself". As long as it is accepted, this crime will continue and for us to stop it we must do just like the media does and keep repeating over and over and over until the jury pool believes it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Off Duty Cops Shot Bar Robbery Suspect.......
    By Old School in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
  2. Sad: 4 Year Old Shoots and Kills 3 Year Old Friend
    By DaRedneck in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
  3. Border agent kills pot suspect
    By cbp210 in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: April 9th, 2010, 07:30 AM
  4. 17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose
    By HKinNY in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: December 11th, 2009, 12:51 AM
  5. Off duty detective shoots robbery suspect
    By goldshellback in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Search tags for this page

2007 17 yr old killed by off duty cop
,
2007 off duty cop kills dejuan blanchard
,
death of dejuan blanchard of stl
,
dejaun blanchard
,

dejuan blanchard

,
dejuan blanchard in st. louis
,
dejuan blanchard killed
,
dejuan blanchard killed by off duty police
,
dejuan blanchard shot by police officer
,
off duty cop kills 17 yr old dejuan blanchard in st.louis
,
off duty cop officer kill dejuan blanchard
,

off duty officer shot and killed dejuan blanchard in 2007

Click on a term to search for related topics.