Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect - Page 3

Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect

This is a discussion on Off-Duty Cop Kills 17-Year-Old Suspect within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by digitalexplr You miss my point. The officer did what he was trained to do in the manner he was trained. He did ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    You miss my point. The officer did what he was trained to do in the manner he was trained. He did what he had to do and what we would expect him to do, and God bless him for that! (I'm a former LEO and know what it is like to have to use your weapon). But I think it cheapens us all when we cheer over the death (wasted life) of another human being.
    I think that those 'cheering' are just cheering for the 'betterment' of society.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

You miss my point. The officer did what he was trained to do in the manner he was trained. He did what he had to do and what we would expect him to do, and God bless him for that! (I'm a former LEO and know what it is like to have to use your weapon). But I think it cheapens us all when we cheer over the death (wasted life) of another human being.
    Than you know that look of those who judge you because you did the necessary thing, the sense that everyones sees you for that. Many of us praise those that did the harsh thing as reminder to them and ourselves that they did no wrong. That a good thing was done. That there is no need for guilt or shame. Yes there is a sense of loss that it had to come to this but as you know and others have said the real loss occurred long before the day of reckoning. Unpleasant and Un PC as it may be, there is no shortage of human beings on this planet. Some say to many for our limited resources. So we rejoice in the elimination of a parasite that endangers the health and well being of our community. Preserving those resources for our prodigy.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Another wasted life. I can't cheer because a young life was cut short. The good guys won, yes, but the lose of a young life before he really had a chance to become something in life is not something to cheer about!
    Are you actually serious?

The perp was 17 years old and already stealing cars at gunpoint. His life was a worthless waste before he got waxed by the cop.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Joe R. ->

I, too think the copper did an excellent job, here. Unfortunately, he is about to discover the hell we put our coppers through when we're involved in a deadly force incident. 1) Automatically put on administrative duty (i.e. desk job) for at least 6 months. 2) Inquest by the DA's office, where the suspect's family gets to ask the officer all sorts of inapporpriate questions 3) probably some sort of civil litigation by the suspect's family and some unscrupulous scum sucking lawyer. All in all, while necessary deadly force is not something we should talk about lightly. The point about posts on internet forums is well taken, and I must admit I'd never considered that angle before...
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links