Buying fuel in Orlando.

This is a discussion on Buying fuel in Orlando. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK I've been traveling around a bit and my Mi CCW is recognized in quite a few states, which is great and have been carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying fuel in Orlando.

Exclamation Buying fuel in Orlando.

OK I've been traveling around a bit and my Mi CCW is recognized in quite a few states, which is great and have been carrying the whole trip.

While in the Orlando area (yes I carried in Disney, Universal, and a few more places as well) but this one day I happened to topping off the tank of the PU, the wife was inside spitting in the face of adversity and buying a lottery ticket.

Already in condition orange I spot a 5'10" 18-20 year old black male that looks like trouble and he is making a very direct line toward my truck from the 1:00. The truck is between me and him so I am in a good position I immediately clear my shirt from the HK and go to the hand at ready position, eyes locked on possible adversary.

He is only about 3' from the passenger door when he happens to look right at me and I give him a very strong go ahead and make my day stare, at which he notices my stance and makes a very quick course adjustment away from the truck. New Fl castle law and CCW has made a difference in the attitude of the PERP and they are more cautious about their target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Orlando is not a nice area, at least not as it once was years ago...a ton of 'trouble' has moved into the area.

Sounds like you did well for yourself...where did this potential 'lead magnent' head...did he look back?

Well done...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

All's well that ends well.

Do you think there's anything you could have done to prevent him from targeting you and your vehicle? Not saying it was your fault - just as a preventative measure.

There have been quite a few car hijackings in the Orlando area and it pays to be very alert. Orlando is growing fast and the police are stretched over a wide area and the bad guys know this and take advantage of it. I have had two attempts to rob me since I came to the Orlando area and the presents of a gun stopped it cold both times with out a shot being fired. I've been here since the early 70s and have seen a lot of changes.

We were at a mini mart gas station on 192 down toward the Meridian Palms / Radison where we were staying. This is a relatively busy area and it was early evening around 6.
    When fueling I am always doing a 360 scan for someone trying to sneak up, when he came from off lot at the 1:00 position to the PU in a bee line toward the passenger door. I may have been partly hid from his vision by the heavy rear window tint and he thought he saw a unoccupied high end pick up truck that he could do a snatch N go if it was unlocked, BTY if I am not at the truck the "VIPER" system is set and locked/armed. He did have a Oh S*** look when I locked eyes with him and made a very obvious change of direction.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Ha Ha! You know, with gas prices what they are, anyone who can still afford to buy it MUST be a good target for BGs!

Glad things went well Sheldon!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Orlando has gotten very bad in the past recent years. When we travel there for recreation I am always heavily armed as is my wife. I don't play games.
    Mighty HD

This is an example of a concealed carry stopping a crime without a shot being fired.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post

OK I've been traveling around a bit

While in the Orlando area

Already in condition orange
    Well, duh!
    I hope so, it's Orlando.
    Glad you were on your toes and are OK.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Good to hear all is well...
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Overall, Florida along with every other area isn't looking good. At least to me.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Orlando, ranked most dangerous city in Fl., and 11th nationwide.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    Orlando, ranked most dangerous city in Fl., and 11th nationwide.
    Worse than Miami-Dade???

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R View Post
    Worse than Miami-Dade???
    I don't know, but the crooks might think Orlando has lots of easy pickings, with all the sheep-like tourists. Don't know how the numbers stack up; I know I was there back in '96, and I saw some folks that had me on edge then.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I just left the circus (Orlando) after 12 years. I don't miss it. My son is still trapped there (Mercalf on Forum) in college. People in my circle were always hyper-alert. Sheepish tourists are told to leave their brains & common sense at home when they buy tickets. I saw a large increase in gang activity and crime over all. It' sno longer restricted to the tourist areas. The BG's are moving into the suburbs - that's where the money is!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links