Commissioner arrested after pulling out gun

This is a discussion on Commissioner arrested after pulling out gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This guy will only give gun owners a bad name...he needs to permanently loose his CCW permit. He's also part of the 98% of the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commissioner arrested after pulling out gun

This guy will only give gun owners a bad name...he needs to permanently loose his CCW permit.

He's also part of the 98% of the politicians who give the other 2% a bad name...

OMO

Stay armed...stay cool...stay safe!

In lieu of prosecution, a judge ordered him into a pretrial intervention program for first-time offenders. He completed anger-management classes.*******************************************
    ...not by much!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    He's also part of the 98% of the politicians who give the other 2% a bad name...

I'd guess he's looking at an aggravated assault charge, among others. With the video, I doubt the State will have much trouble proving it. I believe it's Florida Statute 784.021, and it's a nice little felony for him to add to his growing collection.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear View Post
    This is the problem that I have with statute summarization. I doubt (though I could be wrong, not familiar at all with FL law) that the law actually says threatening while possessing a handgun is a crime. Threatening while displaying a handgun I could see, sure. And since the paragraph has to do with displaying or brandishing, I'm guessing that's the intent. But the sentence in bold could indicate that even if you threatened while carrying concealed, and never even touched your piece, you'd automatically be going to jail for three years.

And of course, there's no links to any specific statutes, so we're supposed to take the words that are typed in by a webmaster which were dictated by a gofer, who got them in a memo from an undersecretary.

I agree with you, I always understood the law to mean brandishing.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member

Update

Video Shows Confrontation Involving Commissioner
    Suspended Miramar Official Fitzroy Salesman Allegedly Shows Gun In Supermarket

POSTED: 7:00 pm EST January 14, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:17 pm EST January 14, 2008

MIRAMAR, Fla. -- Surveillance video of suspended Miramar Commissioner Fitzroy Salesman allegedly pulling a gun on a shopper inside a Winn Dixie store on Nov. 21 was released on Monday by the Broward County State Attorney's Office.

The video shows a confrontation that leads up to the incident that led to felony charges against Salesman. The incident happened at the supermarket at 3108 South University Drive around 10 p.m. The alleged victims Roderick Harris and Laza Vious Hudson told Local 10 that Salesman began arguing with them in the checkout line. Hudson and Salesman began arguing after Salesman began to talk loudly about the long lines at the store.

Full story with the video
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    "The gun had one round in the chamber and six rounds in the magazine."
    they always write this kinda stuff in these stories.
    just wondering... why? who cares
    To show that the gun was dangerous... while we gun lovers know that any gun is dangerous and/or should be assumed dangerous the uninitiated seem to think there's a difference between loaded and unloaded.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I would point out that 6+1 doesn't compare to the gangster's Tech-9's. Not to say that this jerk doesn't need to do some time. It's the Democrats that support the "repressed" gangbangers and blame society.

Channel 6 posted the video during the 7 p.m. broadcast tonight and it clearly shows the commisioner as the agressor. He was foolish and more than likely will not suffer any consequence.

The other person went for his waistband, and Salesman told police he felt ``threatened.''
    But a draft report by Miramar police states that Salesman said, ``I pulled out my gun to defend myself.''
    Defend himself from what, I wonder? Others defending against his aggression?

It's interesting the charge, so far, is only improper display of a firearm. I would think that since he actually pointed it at someone, a heavier charge might be justified. The privileges of office, I suppose.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. Likely, he'll get a slap and little else. We'll see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"Doesn't have the sense The Good Lord gave him"
    "Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition"

He needs the three years in jail!! And those who voted for this crap weasel need psychiatric evaluations.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

This guy is luck that he wasn't shot himself. I wonder what would have happened if the "victim" in this incident was to have pulled his own firearm and shot the "chairman"?

Quote Originally Posted by JoelMomma View Post
    This guy is luck that he wasn't shot himself. I wonder what would have happened if the "victim" in this incident was to have pulled his own firearm and shot the "chairman"?
    my thoughts exactly. one more swimmer to exit the gene pool.

VIP Member
    If possible it would be great to keep this thread going and let's follow up on what charges he faces, sentence if any, etc. Also it would be interesting to see how he fairs in his next election. As things usually go it would be by a landslide.

How about his email address, could we write him and tell him how disappointed we are in how he utilizes his ccw and permit at the speedy check-out line?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelMomma View Post
    That was my first thought too......well, right after the "this guy's an idiot and needs to go to jail" thought.

He's lucky to be alive. Not sure Miramar is so lucky though.....

Gov. Charlie Crist suspended Salesman and a special election in Miramar is scheduled on March 11 to temporarily fill his seat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links