Revolver to daughters head

This is a discussion on Revolver to daughters head within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/...1-29-0035.html Too close to home. Glad it turned out ok. Firing through wall would not have been the wisest choice....

Thread: Revolver to daughters head

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/...1-29-0035.html

Too close to home. Glad it turned out ok. Firing through wall would not have been the wisest choice.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Administrator
    Hardeeville Liquor Store Owner Fires at Robber Again

By Holly Bounds
    For the third time in less than two years, Hardeeville liquor store owners fire back at an armed robber.
    Greene’s Package Store off Highway 17 in Hardeeville has been a family business for years.
    But after Thursday night’s close call, Herbie Tolar is ready to hang it up.
    Just before 7:00 Thursday night a masked-man confronted the storeowners demanding money.
    The man got away with cash but not before the Tolars both fired shots at him.
    They only wish they'd fired sooner.
    "But he had my daughter on the ground with a revolver to her head,” Manager Herbie Tolar said. “That's the only reason my wife did not blow his brains out.
    If it'd just been the two of us, he'd be dead because my wife would have killed him.
    She would have shot through the wall there. And right now I think I wish she had.”
    Hardeeville Police, along with Beaufort County investigators, are still on the lookout for the robber.
    The Tolars believe they recognized the man's voice and say he had to be very familiar with the store layout.
    Watch WSAV NEWS 3 Friday at 6:00 for more on the Tolar’s experience and any developments.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

yikes. glad it turned out ok.
    third time in 2 years! dang.

In that case, give them the money, and hope the dirtbag leaves. I would never take my child into a business that gets robbed too often, either as a customer or owner.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Firing through a wall has prooved sucessful near here in N. Idaho. A BG shot at the cops, ran into his house and took a position at the corner of an interior wall. The BG continued to shoot back when one of the officers though to shoot through two layers of drywall and take the BG out. Good wall shooting in this instance. He was raked across the coals for "Blindly shooting through a wall". He came out unscathed at the end of his inquiry though.

I totally agree that wall shooting isn't a good idea when you have a loved one on the other side. As you may know, bullets do weird things when acted on by an outside force. But in the case above it was a chance well taken.

somethings been left out of this story.was his daughter in another room w/BG and gun to her head? not enough details.

glad she is alright.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by state6three8 View Post
    Firing through a wall has prooved sucessful near here in N. Idaho. A BG shot at the cops, ran into his house and took a position at the corner of an interior wall. The BG continued to shoot back when one of the officers though to shoot through two layers of drywall and take the BG out. Good wall shooting in this instance. He was raked across the coals for "Blindly shooting through a wall". He came out unscathed at the end of his inquiry though.

I totally agree that wall shooting isn't a good idea when you have a loved one on the other side. As you may know, bullets do weird things when acted on by an outside force. But in the case above it was a chance well taken.

That reminds me of Robocop!! LOL!

Administrator

No B.S. - Years ago (where I worked) The News Stand directly across the street was robbed eleven times in one month at gunpoint.
    Bad neighborhood.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Some days, all one can hope for is a clear head shot from behind...
    The 'dirtbag' deserved NOTHING less...

(I wouldn't be taking my child into a liquor store...I don't even go into liquor stores...)

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thumbs up

After three times I would close the door for go, Just wish they hadn't missied.

This is a small shop. The owners are in their 50's, so it wasn't a child, probably a mid 20's-30's female.

I believe it was someone that was very familiar with the place and the people.

My uncle owns an ABC store here, and has been robbed more than 3 times. 2 x at the shop, atleast 2x as he pulled into his driveway. 1st time, he was shot at while on the ground and was just barely missed. He has since quit working the store due to illness, and his son is now running it. He has been robbed also at gun point and wrestled with the BG for a few minutes before BG got away.

Most of the ABC stores in this area are small mom and pop's places still, and have been in the family for years. That's why they don't just close up after a robbery.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Sponsored Links