Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen

This is a discussion on Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bad ending for the victim...hope the 4 dirtbags 'fry' slowly......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen

Bad ending for the victim...hope the 4 dirtbags 'fry' slowly...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

17 and 18 years old. We are going to be feeding and caring for them for a long time. Plus, paying their legal bills on appeals,etc..
    Pretty brave and brazen aren't they? WHY???? Because they know everyone is afraid of them in the neighborhood and in court.
    They are more protected than honest citizens and by some of the members of this forum.
    Remember when the shoe is on your foot because you didn't speak out and talk to elected officials and you are being prosecuted for defending your home and family.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Really makes you wonder about carrying something with a little more carrying capacity than a 1911 doesn't it? Not knowing the circumstances, we can but only surmise and put ourselves in his shoes and in an effort to be prepared, increase our carrying capacity.
    SAD! SAD! SAD!
    And so needless if our laws just had some teeth in them!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Yes, very tough spot, facing four opponents, who also were a bunch of dumb@$$ punks in their teens. At least one did not get away, and hopefully the other three will be locked up and later exterminated, as they so rightly deserve. But, probably they'll cut a deal, get out early and be even more hardened worthless low life scumbags when they get out and return to commit more crimes. Not enough courtrooms or prison cells to deal with all these cretins.

i hope these scum spend the rest of their lives in prison,execution is too fast.
    i don't stay in motels very often at all.when i have stayed in them i always put a chair back under the door knob to brace the door.too many people can have keys to these doors.

R.I.P. Jeff Todd
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Punk ages - 17, 17, 17 and 18 ........... ........... they get younger and younger and just as dangerous.
    B-b-but they're just children!

We can't expect them to know right from wrong at their tender age!

This story is sad. Well, at least Mr. Todd went out on a high note, taking out one of the vermin. Rest in peace, Mr. Todd.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceKeepr View Post
    I sent this story to my mother who worries about me carrying. "Your father has a gun but he keeps it in the drawer loaded if he needs it." I asked about when she leaves the bank, the grocery store, the gas station... She didn't have a reply other than "I love you." My mother is such a sheep.
    Don'tcha hate it?!

My dad is a great guy, but he's the whitest condition-whiter I ever saw. Man, he is oblivious much of the time! Six years ago, he got an out-of-state FL CCW license but let it lapse because he didn't like the price of renewing it. Even when it was current, I would not have felt all that good about handing him one of my guns to use while he visited, because I just didn't have the sense that he could (a) manipulate a semi-auto correctly and reliably and (b) determine when it was proper to bring a gun into play. He once parroted some real bad "info" to me about self defense (along the lines of that idiotic "if you shoot him outside, you'd better drag him inside" kind of crap) that made me wince.

A sad story that happens way too often. Dirt bags just keep getting younger.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

JD
    Administrator
    I moved this from Armed Citizen Success to OT/H.

While this guy was armed, it's far from a success story.

He died a warriors death.......but I'm certin he'd, just like the rest of us, would rather die of old age.

Far from a success story. RIP.

Stay Armed! Stay vigilant! Stay Safe!
    Last edited by goldshellback; December 5th, 2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: add-to
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I moved this from Armed Citizen Success to OT/H.

While this guy was armed, it's far from a success story.
    Yeah, I thought about that before posting, but was unsure where to put it...
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.

I read the original post and all the following comments.

If we do not learn from this person's death it we do nothing but waste it.

It was a 4 on 1 situation. That's bad ju-ju even for Superman. How come only one attacker was hit and why three times is what I ask myself? If the other attackers had weapons, or a disparity of force situation, which I think this was, was weren't more attackers shot?

I think there is a lesson to be learned here, and it's the old "One Shot Per Attacker, Repeat as Needed." Also, what about movement? If you spend all your time at a "static" range shooting at one target, that is how you will respond IRL.

There are lessons here in both deaths. I am not trying to demean either death, but rather point out a learning opportunity. Ask yourself this, honestly, how would you have responded? Would you shoot once at each attacker and then follow up as needed with repeat shots or would you concentrate on one target?

I think how you train best answers that question because you will default to your training in a crisis.

Biker

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abuttermilk View Post
    Really makes you wonder about carrying something with a little more carrying capacity than a 1911 doesn't it? Not knowing the circumstances, we can but only surmise and put ourselves in his shoes and in an effort to be prepared, increase our carrying capacity.
    SAD! SAD! SAD!
    And so needless if our laws just had some teeth in them!!
    It didn't say what Todd was carrying, but I doubt it would have mattered whether he had 6 rds or 60 rds he would have had time to get off no more than 4/5 shots before he fell. I'll take 7 .45 cal over 10 or 13 or 16, 9mm any day in close quarters.
    My job requires I travel on a weekly basis, but since getting my CCW I haven't taken my pistol on any of my trips (it's a hassle getting through baggage and security.) This incident gives me pause to stop and think though that maybe the "hassle" just might be worth it after all.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Buz
    3 full pages into this thread and not one person has debated weather or not he needed to draw and shoot?
    I'm going to play the devils advocate here(no I'm not a troll, I exercise my right to carry often).
    Who's to say if this guy would have chosen to not draw(4 to 1 remember) that he would be alive today?

Just because you're packing, doesn't mean you're obligated to pull and shoot. Faced with 4 armed attackers in tight quarters, you might want to entertain the 'innocent unarmed citizen' role and maybe get away with just an ass beating.

4 armed attackers against 1. I ain't gonna draw. Clint Eastwood was an 'actor'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links