Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen

This is a discussion on Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From what I have heard from word of mouth, the 4 guys came to Todd's motel room to rob him and Todd tried to defend ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen

Carrollton, GA man is killed, but he's the armed citizen

From what I have heard from word of mouth, the 4 guys came to Todd's motel room to rob him and Todd tried to defend himself. He was able to shoot one of the guys but was fatally shot by of the other guys. Albany, GA is becoming a very dangerous part of the state. There is news almost every day/week about gang activities and violence. And, this is w/ in an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by www.albanyherald.com
    ALBANY — Two people are dead after an attempted robbery turned violent at an East Albany motel Thursday night, authorities said.

Jeffery Brandon Todd, 27, of Carrollton was found shot to death on the floor of room 108 at the Motel 6 on Thornton Road. The suspected killer, Jimmy Teemer, 17, of Albany, was found lying dead in bushes just outside the room, police officials said.

It is the 12th murder of the year.

Police have arrested three other men, Lyndon Bernard Johnson, 18, Patrick Jackson, 17, and Benjimin Revill, 17, and charged each with felony murder and aggravated assault according to jail records.

Police investigators believe the four men were staying at the motel for a party before the shooting occurred.

Police reports show that a key card was found among Teemer’s personal items near his body.

The report shows that Teemer and the others entered room 108 and exchanged gunfire with Todd. Teemer was shot three times, including shots to the chest and arm, while Todd was shot in the chest and in the head.

A man staying in the room next to Todd’s said he was awakened by a few loud bangs against the door and then heard four or five gunshots, according to the report.

Family and friends of Todd’s said he had just been hired by Georgia Power and was going to start looking for an apartment in the area Friday.

Todd’s and Teemer’s bodies will both be taken to the State Crime Lab for autopsies.

Police spokesperson Phyllis Banks said Friday morning that investigators spent most of the overnight hours questioning 10-12 witnesses connected to the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.walb.com
    Family devastated after Motel 6 shooting

Updated: Dec 1, 2007 10:20 PM EST

December 1, 2007

Albany -- Shots fired at an East Albany Motel 6 on Thursday night drastically changed the lives of one family.

"Its just never going to be the same," said Jeffery's mother, Teresa Trapp.

"This is devastating and the way that he was gone," said Jeffery's sister, Nichole Leobler

Albany Police say that 27-year-old Jeffery Brandon Todd was killed defending himself during an attempted robbery.

His mother said that in a previous conversation Todd said was uneasy about the area.

"He obviously had a bad feeling about the area, but he was a big boy and wasn't afraid. And he just wasn't the type," said Trapp.

Jeffery was preparing for an interview for a promotion with Georgia Power that night. "He called me at 8:44 and said mama will you call and give me a wake up call at 7:30 that morning," said Trapp.

"We were waiting on his call on Friday to see if he got the job," said Leobler.

The family continues to question why Todd was targeted.

"I am sure he was well dressed because he always looked nice. I don't know if they saw him going to his room and thought he would be a good target. I don't know," said Leobler.

Regardless of the reason, they are left to pick up the pieces. "They do not know what they took away from us. He was just very loved and we'll never be the same," said Trapp.

"They need to know that they took so many lives when they took Brandon's. They took the life away from all his family," said Leobler.

And now the holidays for this family will be spent mourning.

Albany Police have arrested three teens in connection with this case.

2. Remove Ads

Thats too bad..
    Kind of a worst case scenario when your facing multiple armed (I'm assuming) attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by sui-juris View Post
    Thats too bad..
    Kind of a worst case scenario when your facing multiple armed (I'm assuming) attackers.

Yeah, not many would have made it out of that I'm affraid. 1 vs. 4 are bad odds for anyone.

Assistant Administrator
    Punk ages - 17, 17, 17 and 18 ........... ........... they get younger and younger and just as dangerous.

4:1 ... bad situation at best of times.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    What a tragedy. And I wonder what the murderer's/thieves got. Maybe $200? Split 3 ways for $66 a piece? The fact that there are people in this world that will kill for money is one of the reasons I carry.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I sent this story to my mother who worries about me carrying. "Your father has a gun but he keeps it in the drawer loaded if he needs it." I asked about when she leaves the bank, the grocery store, the gas station... She didn't have a reply other than "I love you." My mother is such a sheep.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.

Worst case scenario indeed.

Multiple engaging attackers of which more than one is armed and willing.
    You are alone, in a tight confined space, with no area to retreat to or even take hard cover. A case like this it's stand and deliver, do or die. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    makes me sick,these punks hopefully will have achieved their goal of being "badass gangstas"...now they can join there buddies in prison or with a ride on Ol' sparky..

PK,

Would mind please updateing your OP to indicate the source URLs for both of those reports.
    I would like to repost them as well as forward them as well as forward the story by e-mail to others. I went to the AlbanyHerald website and could not find a serach function in order to locate the specific article.

Thanks ahead of time!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

At least he took one of the scumbags with him.....

His family will be in our prayers..
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Worst case scenario indeed.

Multiple engaging attackers of which more than one is armed and willing.
    You are alone, in a tight confined space, with no area to retreat to or even take hard cover. A case like this it's stand and deliver, do or die. :(

- Janq
    It was a little of do and die. Not a consolation, but he did take out one bad guy.

I never want to be in that situation. Scary. He made 3 hits on one opponent. From the reading, no other opponent was hit. Was this a case where farmhouse rules (everyone gets firsts before anyone gets seconds) might have changed the situation? I don't know, but it is something to think about.

I guess that is one example of the more than 50% attacks carried out by multiple attackers.

The GG victim likely knew without doubt that he was going to die right there.
    He choose to take one with him than be carried out alone.
    IMHO it takes balls of steel to face down those kinds of odds and fight them.

RIP :(

- Janq

Link from another source:

http://content.times-herald.com/310020366789320.bsp

Two killed in motel shoot-out
    Published 12/2/07 in The Times-Herald

By ALEX McRAE
    alex@newnan.com

A Newnan man was killed Thursday night at an Albany, Ga., motel after several men stormed his room in what authorities described as an attempted robbery.

It appears the Newnan man shot and killed one of his attackers during the struggle.

Jeffery Brandon Todd, 27, was originally reported in Associated Press reports as living in Carrollton, but he lived on Brandy Lane in Coweta County, according to his father, Jeff Todd.

"He was a great person and a hard worker, and we are all stunned at what happened," Jeff Todd said. "He wasn't familiar with Albany, and it looks like he picked a bad part of town to stay in."

Todd said Albany police told him that during the month of November there had been four robberies at the Motel 6 on Thornton Road where the incident occurred.

Todd said his son was employed with Georgia Power and had gone to Albany Thursday to prepare for a Friday interview he hoped would lead to a promotion.

The young man's mother talked to him Thursday evening at about 8:45 p.m. and said Todd was studying for a technical test that was part of his interview, according to Jeff Todd.

According to local press reports, other residents of the motel heard a loud crash and then several gunshots. Police believe the four men who attempted to rob Todd were staying in the motel.

Jimmy Teemer, 17, of Albany, was shot three times and killed during the incident. Jeff Todd said his son carried a gun when he traveled.

The victim's father said he was informed by Albany police that before his son was fatally wounded, he shot and killed one of his attackers.

"My son was just trying to defend himself, said Jeff Todd. "He never went looking for trouble."

By Friday night, authorities had arrested three men and charged them with felony murder and aggravated assault in Todd's death. Arrested were Lyndon Bernard Johnson, 18, Patrick Jackson, 17, and Benjamin Revill, 17.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Punk ages - 17, 17, 17 and 18 ........... ........... they get younger and younger and just as dangerous.

4:1 ... bad situation at best of times.
    Exactly my thoughts after reading...getting younger and younger. No doubt they targeted him (apparently all 4 where staying in the same hotel...) which leads me to believe that they planned to leave no witnesses.

Rick

Administrator

RIP Jeffery Brandon Todd

Just remember that when facing one deadly threat or multiple armed attackers - you can do everything RIGHT and still end up wearing a toe tag.
    We train & practice to increase our probability of surviving a deadly encounter but, there are no guarantees and there is (of course) never any certain or predetermined outcome.
    At least not an Earthly one.
    Trained as we may be we are only gaining the skills to fight a better (and more accomplished) fight for our lives...with hopefully the more desirable result.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links