Omaha Mall Shooting: MERGED X4

This is a discussion on Omaha Mall Shooting: MERGED X4 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oh no, not a teddy bear!...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Omaha Mall Shooting: MERGED X4

Administrator
    Oh no, not a teddy bear!
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Why do these guys always do it in the wrong order?
    Shoot yourself first.

Jusyt what we need before the SCOTUS case.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member
    19 year old shooter... so full of hate. It's hard to even know what to say. Prayers for the victims for sure.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

CNN is saying the kid was on anti-depressants. After the break, they are going to tell us how to protect ourselves from killers like this. I can't wait to hear their words of wisdom. Somehow I doubt it will involve anything like 'arm yourself and get training'.
    Allen

G27, Beretta 8040, Ruger GP100

Distinguished Member
    Very sad day here in NE. Prayers to all victims. Omaha is ok to CCW, do it every time we go there. Was in the store last month with my wife shopping for a new purse for her---and yes I was armed. If there are signs they must be on a select few entrances. I did not see any, and no stores were posted. West-roads mall is a nice mall. Von-Mouer store is a nice store, live piano music and all.

People are calling the radio station, and can't figure out how to prevent a tragedy like this----you can't stop it, but you certainly could make the victim list smaller.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    What part of Texas are you at?
    Are the malls there Gun free Zones?
    I live in Katy, which is just west of Houston. West Oaks mall is CCW friendly (at least it was yesterday) but Katy Mills is a different story. They have the required 30.06 signs posted at all of the mall entrances, but not at the entrances to the mall from stores that have their own entrances! So....... they don't quite meet the letter of the law for me to be in violation if I carry there. In fact last time I was at the Bass Pro there I asked one of the managers about their posted sign about all bows and guns must be checked etc. He said that did not apply to us license holders and our carry guns. That refers to stuff being brought in for service etc. So, by the book I could carry in the mall if I walk in through Bass Pro! I haven't looked at any of the other anchor stores there as I usually avoid that place like the plague. But if the wife insists we go there I guess I will have to pick something up at Bass Pro on my way in. I generally feel if a place is posted we should honor their wishes, but since they didn't go to the trouble to do it right, if I have to go there, I will do it my way.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

CNN, what a bunch of MORONS!!! That idiot (I think his name is Rick Sanchez) that came on at 8pm est made a stupid comment about the misdemeanor possession charge that the guy had pending in court saying that "more than likely it was a hand gun charge" when in fact it was a alcohol related charge.
    In the short time that I was watching he spent most of the time try to figure out what type of gun was used. He went as far as trying to get one of the witnesses to describe if the gun fire was from a full auto or a semi auto rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dagor2k View Post
    CNN is saying the kid was on anti-depressants.
    I would love to hear what he is on. A couple of years ago Michael Moore of all people said he got it wrong on "Bowling for Columbine". He said instead of the gun industry he should have targeted the pharmaceutical companies. It seems a number of our spree shooters have been on anti-depressants!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

OK, let me get this straight, you are not allowed to CCW in Omaha, right.
    But I thought it was illegal to kill people in malls with a gun.
    Boy I just don't understand these laws.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My Mom and sister shop there, my sister lives nearby. Omaha is non ccw, and the mall is gun free.
    What the how many shootings at "gun free" zones have to happen before the will understand

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh no, not a teddy bear!
    Hopefully the teddy bear wasn't named Muhammad.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I don't kniow if this has been brought up in the other 5 pages or not, but I found it interesting:
    OMAHA, Neb. -- A grenade was found Friday night at the same mall.

Officers went to the northwest corner of the parking lot at Westroads Mall after someone reported finding an explosive device. The mall security directed officers to the area of the parking lot where the device was located. The Omaha Police Bomb Squad Unit was called and removed the intact grenade safely from the area.

A source told KETV NewsWatch 7 the grenade was lying on the ground with no note or information, but that it did have a pin in it. The source said it looked like a pineapple grenade.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Sorry if this has already been covered as I have been scanning the threads, but does anyone recall the Salt Lake City mall shooter from last year? He was neutralized by an off-duty cop with a Glock 27, if I recall correctly...
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Forgive me for I have not taken my concealed carry class yet. What would happen if you were carrying in a mall that wasn't CCW friendly, and an incident like this happened and you shot and killed the guy? Seems to me, like it would be better to face some charges rather than face a casket. What are the penalties if you were discovered to have your gun on you in a place that doesn't allow concealed carry?

In Texas if you do use your firearm in most areas that are prohibited from concealed carry, there is a provision in the law that exempts you from prosecution if you do it in response to a crime that is being committed.

Another reason to love Texas.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links