New Pasadena, Tx shooting Info.

This is a discussion on New Pasadena, Tx shooting Info. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's on tonight's news..... Autopsy reports show that the two burgulary suspects were actually shot in the back, by Mr. Horn, and supposedly a plainclothes ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pasadena, Tx shooting Info.

VIP Member

It's on tonight's news..... Autopsy reports show that the two burgulary suspects were actually shot in the back, by Mr. Horn, and supposedly a plainclothes detective pulled up just seconds before the shooting and witnessed the incident.

It will be interesting to see if this will change things legally......

Here's the story link

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5359290.html
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Why were people earlier saying they were black when in fact as reported now, and reported initially, they are both hispanic?

Anyway beyond that, them being shot in the back makes it even worse.
    As well that a plainclothes was on site just before Horn shot and witnessed things adds to how not necessary Horn's actions were.

Once again had Horn kept his cool and let the cops handle things and not taken his behind outside literally looking for trouble then none of this would even be news.
    Now he's in deep poo because he had a hard on to be a vigilante and refused to keep his cool.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Here is a picture of Diego Ortiz taken from the Chronicle.

I will see if I can find the picture of the other guy.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I saw something on the news about it recently. It showed their pictures, and to all appearances I would say they'd definitely be described as black, but if IRCC they were from Columbia. One had been previously deported but had re-entered the US., I don't remember about the other.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Remember, it is possible to be both from Latin or South America & black. I'm not saying that either or both of these guys are, just that it is possible. And, based on their pictures, it is difficult to tell.

Of course, as has been said elsewhere, it really doesn't matter! Their immigration status has nothing to do with their choice to engage in a little B&E, as well as having nothing to do with why Mr. Horn shot them. It sounds like he didn't even give them a chance to stop, let alone have them prove whether or not they were in the country illegally...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Here is a picture of Diego Ortiz taken from the Chronicle.

I will see if I can find the picture of the other guy.
    Gotta say I'd describe this dude as a BMA!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Gotta say I'd describe this dude as a BMA!
    I gotta ask - what is a "BMA"?
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Why were people earlier saying they were black when in fact as reported now, and reported initially, they are both hispanic?
    - Janq
    I believe they were both from Cuba and in my opinion did look more black than hispanic. One of them was trying to get a Texas drivers license with Puerto Rican identification that had a name different than his real one.
    If this new info is true it does not look real good for him.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I believe they were both from Cuba and in my opinion did look more black than hispanic. One of them was trying to get a Texas drivers license with Puerto Rican identification that had a name different than his real one.
    If this new info is true it does not look real good for him.
    Not Cuba. I believe they were Colombianos.

VIP Member

Today's Update

Here is todays update from the Houston Chronicle. There's a little more info about the autopsy and the detective's account of the incident.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5362232.html
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

BMA = Black Male Adult

\\ACB
    Springfield XD 40 Tactical, Mossberg 590a1 12 gauge, Springfield MC Operator 1911

Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    Remember, it is possible to be both from Latin or South America & black. I'm not saying that either or both of these guys are, just that it is possible. And, based on their pictures, it is difficult to tell.

Of course, as has been said elsewhere, it really doesn't matter! Their immigration status has nothing to do with their choice to engage in a little B&E, as well as having nothing to do with why Mr. Horn shot them. It sounds like he didn't even give them a chance to stop, let alone have them prove whether or not they were in the country illegally...
    I don't get how it relevant could be pasty white and the cause and effect would be the same. They each had thirty or forty years to proved they were honest law abiding people. Instead, they chose to prove that they were thieves. Robbing people can result in death. Makes me sick that these bigots try to make every issue a race issue but not surprised that another "X" allies himself with the thieving low life scum sucking maggots instead of honest hard working citizens. The Black Panthers isn't that the group that wrote a book "Soul On Ice" by Eldridge Cleaver advocating white women? And they call folks racist?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    Hispanic is not a term defining race. It is a cultural reference. Central America, South America, and the islands are just as racially diverse as the USA.

Regardless, it was a big mistake to shoot them in the back as they ran. Now Horn will join the list of losers in this incident.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    Regardless, it was a big mistake to shoot them in the back as they ran. Now Horn will join the list of losers in this incident.
    I'll be surprised if you are not correct with this view. When all the facts are in...and testimony...I suspect he will pay a heavy price.

Rick

I don't know if their green or purple and to me that's irrelavant. When the chips start flying, it's easy to make the decision to pull the trigger at the same time the dirt bag decides to book, thus them getting it in the back. Your brain and reactions to his reaction about booking isn't fast enough to abort the shot. If you don't believe it, try it with a friend and a paintball or soft gell gun. Have him face you and decide wheather or not to charge or run. You decide on the shot and when your going to take it. It's not a simple equation that has a right or wrong answer.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links