Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named

This is a discussion on Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CT-Mike I was also surprised to learn that she was fired from MPLS police for lying during an internal investigation. I don't ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    I was also surprised to learn that she was fired from MPLS police for lying during an internal investigation. I don't hold that against her, everyone makes mistakes. Luckily she didn't make any on Sunday.
    It's a shame but she is going to go thru a major 'rectal' exam for being involved in this.................

On a related note: I wonder how many churches will rethink their own security & allow CCW? I also wonder how many states will address the bans imposed on 'Places of Worship'?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

What was the killer carrying an assault rifle or a shotgun? I keep seeing assault rifle but then one of the news reports says he killed himself with a shotgun blast. An earlier report also indicated that the Vietnam vet was hit in the arm by shotgun pellets. Anybody know what he had.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Not to pick on you in particular, Diesel, but I just want to point out that Assam is not a security guard, and the fact that she keeps being called that is either (1) the journalists don't know what they are talking about, or (2) the journalists are deliberately playing down the relevance of the private citizen with the carry license to reinforce the notion that only 'properly trained professionals' really can do anything helpful with guns.
    That's EXACTLY what I suspect it's all about. They are running around covering their and trying desperately to preserve that idiotic notion and its plausibility.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Plenty of people who have not been spared when they've done exactly that are filling the graveyards.
    Some of us plan a little further ahead...
    (What's in your after-life?)
    PS - Nobody gets off this planet alive...

It sickens me that the media is digging into her past. Scary that a few bad words essentialy ended her career as an LEO. I understand its because she lied about the situation. But should she really have been investigated for calling some bus driver an A**hole, maybe he was an A**hole. I hear cops around here use much more colorful language then that all the time.

She still did right by me. Lets focus on the good, not some BS from years ago.

HERO!!! That's what I say! No matter what the media may say, HERO fits her just perfectly!!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links