Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named

Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named

This is a discussion on Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/09/chu....ap/index.html Wow...Omaha, Denver, and now C-Springs...in the last 3 days. I'm not sure how this will play out...on one side of the fence will be ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar

Exclamation Denver Church Shooting, merged and re-named

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/09/chu....ap/index.html

Wow...Omaha, Denver, and now C-Springs...in the last 3 days. I'm not sure how this will play out...on one side of the fence will be the Brady Bunch condemning weapons and on the other, 2nd Admendment advocates. It does validate those that choose to carry to church.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    It does validate those that choose to carry to church.
    That we're alive and breathing validates it. Doesn't take some murderer to turn his sights on a venue to validate anything, really.

Too little info in that article to say, but it sounds unrelated to the others, even as a copycat. But in a country of 300 million, the only surprise is that it doesn't happen more frequently.

Condolences to the innocent victims and their families.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just as an aside iirc that church has had a little more than its share of controversy among both its clergy and congregation . Total speculation on my part but i expect the shooter to be a former/current member of the church .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I am relatively new to ccw, carry everywhere I can - except haven't in church yet. Wasn't totally sure I wouldn't get made and didn't want to have to worry about it I guess. I lead music on occasion and it was one less thing on my mind.. We're headed out tonight and I am gonna take it. Odds are super low it would ever be needed but I suppose the odds were low at their church too. Don't know why it took this long to get over my concerns..
    Allen

G27, Beretta 8040, Ruger GP100

I am a greeter at our church, you bet i carry. Hope that it never has to come out, best to be prepared though!

VIP Member
    It's possible at ANY public place. Church is just looked at as a place where "only good people " enter. Surely no one would be so low as to shoot up a church. Or maybe "God will protect us " in a church. I look at a church no different than a mall. I carry.

It can happen anyplace. Dirt bags have no bounderies.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

http://csp.state.co.us/faq.cfm?Section_ID=14

http://rmgo.org/faq/#General

I cannot find anything that prohibits church carry, therefore allowed.

Keep in mind about only 1% of population has a conceal carry permit, probably unless than half of these actually carry on a regular basis, probably half of those with a permit carry all the time (1/4% of the population).

Open carry is not illegal in most States, but few actually do to their desire of being "PC".

These are not the first attacks in churches or schools or malls. Only lawful citizens obey these laws anyway, bad fellars and gals do not are not worried about following the law, therefore gun laws only disarm lawful citizens and the bad fellars and gals stay armed.

In Wyoming church carry is not allow unless have permission from the preacher. In Montana church carry is allow. In Texas church carry is allow unless there is a 30-06 sign prohibiting carry.

Open carry is allowed in COLO, WYO, and MT; open carry fully or partial is not allowed in TX.

2A says Right to Keep and Bear Arms, does not limit where and when to carry nor how to carry (open or concealed) or what to carry.

Would these places have been attacked if there was a good chance that some were carrying concealed ? May not.

Would these places have been attacked if at these locations, several had been carrying in the open their handguns ? Probably not.

Would these places have been attacked if at these locations, several had been carrying in the open their handguns and openly carrying 30-30's, shotguns, and/or AR's ? Very most probably not.

Gun free zones are there for the taking by bad fellars and gals anytime they want too.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    My parents were at the New Life church last night for a music special. I just got off the phone with them, my dad said that an armed security guard shot the BG but his condition was unknown, he is however in custody. I have been after my dad to get his permit and I think this incident will force the issue, he told my mom that he was going to look into it the first of the week Last year for Christmas I gave him a S&W 686, I think this year I will take him to the gunshop and get him a gun he will carry. I'm glad he is starting to listen to me, he is 70 yrs young and kinda hardheadad (the apple didn't fall far from the tree there).
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

KOAA says the gunman opened fire at the New Life Church, located at 11025 Voyager Parkway in Colorado Springs, as the 12 p.m. service was getting out. Authorities say the shooting occurred outside of the church.

A 9NEWS source has confirmed the gunman was shot and killed by a security guard. Authorities also found an improvised explosive device.
    source link is http://www.9news.com/news/top-articl...?storyid=82473
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

There have also been 2 threats of shooting on college campuses, threats posted on Web. This is what happens everytime the Media 'Glorifies' the shooter in the knews. I believe that if someone shoots someone the absolute minimum should be said, and never the name of the shooter. There are always copycats that want to get their name plastered in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    It can happen anyplace. Dirt bags have no bounderies.
    And that's why I always have my Kimber with me in church...
    I'm sure that the past few days of mall go'ers and chruch go'ers didn't think ANYTHING like that could happen...

Stay armed...everywhere...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

me
    I even carry while preaching. Minimum a Kel-Tec all the time.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I have to come back and state my speculation on it being a congregation member may well have been both inaccurate and premature . It seems that Youth Ministries ( the arvada shooting ) leases office space from this church for thier springs efforts . They also send missionarys to muslum countrys like kasicstan ect.

If crap like this doesn't make hordes of people run to get their CCWs, then too many folks are wearing blinders.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links