Why would you need a gun for protection in NYC?

This is a discussion on Why would you need a gun for protection in NYC? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have never been so disgusted in my life. This POS 'filmmaker' should be arrested on accessory charges, many times over. The fact that someone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would you need a gun for protection in NYC?

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I have never been so disgusted in my life. This POS 'filmmaker' should be arrested on accessory charges, many times over. The fact that someone would try and profit from anothers tragedy is disgusting.

I hope that some NYC DA is reviewing this tape, making arrests, and sending the so called 'film maker' to jail.

Probably not gonna happen though.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

I would think that Aleem would be guilty of being an accessory to the crimes as depicted in his films.
    Further I'd think that he could be charged with incitement as well as reckless endangerment.
    Beyond that he is open to civil suit for inciting crime and thus loss toward the victims.

Regardless this isn't the first case of as much.
    Some guy in FL is doing the exact same thing as was also recently featured in the news media and then there are those Bum Fight guys from several years back. The Bum Fight people in specific were charged with crimes and sued too.

There is an upside to this though.
    These videos can be used as training aids for the average everyday person toward spotting tells, methods of closure, handling the stress of as much, and general survival...for those who have no direct experience with as much.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

There was a fellow in Fresno who made a video called 'Fresno Gangs'. It featured duds doing illegal activities. The police Chief (Dyer) got ahold of a copy and busted every perp he could identify, and then had the DA prosecute each violation using the film as evidence.
    They also went after the film maker...

Sometimes lousy movies have happy endings...
    Last edited by GBS; December 12th, 2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Clarity

Janq,
    Good points! And it also shows the mentality of the people who want to be famous and how the media feeds into and off of their stupidity. To me, it also shows the culpability of the media and that the media needs to tone down their coverage of this kind of crap and quit glorifying it. Also, it shows that the criminals are not afraid of the law and have no respect for the law or others. For way too long this type of thing has been glorified and now we are seeing the results of the medias scramble to be the first one to come in with "Breaking" news.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Agreed Butter, mentality is the operative word.

This is even more proof that mental illness is what is to be fearful of, not guns.
    Mentally unstable people with anything and nothing at all can be quite dangerous and ...scary... not just as seemingly lots of people think when they have a gun in hand.

Obviously the people in the promo film are themselves suffering a host of psych issues. With that they do what they do and act as trifling as they act, and they think this is fun, funny, normative (and it is amongst their circles), and WTH, it'll gain me street cred too amongst homies, competitors, and enemies too. As to law, lawfulness, the po-po, and consequence..well why should they have any concern? They are crazy.

For folks who see this video clip and have no practical experience interacting with folks as this, and they are not just in the 'inner city' as they are in suburbs and rural areas too and come in all flavors of the rainbow; white, black, yellow, tan, orange, purple.
    Crazy criminal acting predators come in all shapes, sizes, conditions, and may or may not use a weapon, in hand.

- Janq
    Last edited by JD; May 2nd, 2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Coreceted language workaround.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

It is my hope that this miserable cretin runs across another vigilante and films the criminals getting lit up right before he gets his.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

IIRC. Owning any film sold as entertainment which shows an actual death, such as murder during the commission of a crime is immediately considered illegal. There is a law that they used to go after so-called "snuff" films, but I can't remember what it was. I also don't believe that the Feds handling the case actually found anything that could be used, but there was a lot of talk around it.

I would think the same thing would apply to this filmmaker.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I dont think so. He would technically be no different than any member of the news media filming an event...like your local news channel photograper that happened to be in the right spot at the right time.

On the other hand, if it is staged and it can be proven that he was involved, then bust his tail with being an Accessory to a felony.
    If he is traveling to the scene with the felon, with prior knowledge of what the felon is going to do, he's not an accessory to the felony, but a co-conspirator.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    A preview of the tape:

And, a course on "snitching":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yazG1hKuCww

Be advised, some foul language comes up during part of the interview/filming. Most of the film as presented is on an interview format.
    I removed the link to their site. I don't want them coming here to find out where traffic to their site is coming from, which webmasters routinely do. The YouTube link can stay.

Personally, I think they should all go to jail....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

aren't "snuff films illegal? the guy should be in jail.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Hopefully films like this will help citizens realize how dangerous the streets can be and why they need to carry. I hope that this gets a lot of attention because as more people see how wide spread the problem is the sooner it can be fixed. These are criminals and they would be committing crimes even if they weren't being tapped. I'm sure 99% of people seeing this videos will be sickened that is why I hope they actually get more attention so that we can fix the problems and not just go after a filmmaker who is showing us societies ills on camera. Sending this filmmaker to jail wont fix the problem but hopefully his movies can help to outrage our society to fix the problem. Just my 2 cents.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I removed the link to their site. I don't want them coming here to find out where traffic to their site is coming from, which webmasters routinely do. The YouTube link can stay.

Personally, I think they should all go to jail....
    Well, jail is one place they can go. I was considering another 4 letter work ending in 'l' myself.....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

No end to the dirt bags.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links