Woman Shoots Back

This is a discussion on Woman Shoots Back within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.knbc.com/news/14842132/detail.html SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A female homeowner who shot a male intruder in her back yard in October 2006 spoke to KNBC's Laurel Erickson ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Shoots Back

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Woman Shoots Back

http://www.knbc.com/news/14842132/detail.html

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A female homeowner who shot a male intruder in her back yard in October 2006 spoke to KNBC's Laurel Erickson on Wednesday, one day after a jury found the man guilty of all charges.

Nadine Teter shot Michael Lugo twice in the stomach and once in the leg after he broke into her Canyon Country home.

Lugo broke the lock on Teter's door and barged in. She fled to the back yard with her gun, according to police.

"He was coming at me. He was yelling. I shot him to stop him," Teter said. "He went down. He got back up. Came back at me. I shot him again. I shot him again, and he turned around and jumped back over the fence. (He) disappeared."

Teter testified against Lugo and his mother, Cynthia Brandon, who drove the getaway car during the Oct. 18, 2006, attack. Both were convicted Tuesday.

While Teter talked to law enforcement that night, Brandon flagged down a deputy heading to Teter. She told him her son was bleeding to death.

"It was terrifying, absolutely terrifying," Teter said.

"Did you have any second thoughts about testifying against him out of fear for yourself?" Erickson asked.

"A little bit, but I knew I had to do it. We needed to get him locked up, put away," Teter said.

Teter said she thinks that every woman should carry a gun.

"Never in a million years, did I think I would use (the gun) -- never. And whatever higher power, whatever gave me the strength to pull that trigger ... You're looking at him or me. My life or his life. I was not going to get raped. I was not going to get murdered. There was no way -- and I didn't," Teter said.

Teter said she was grateful to all the people who helped convict Lugo.

"You know, for something as horrible as this to happen, it could not have ended up any better," Teter said.

Lugo and his mother face sentencing on Feb. 29.

Mother and son crime team? Probably crack or meth-heads. Shot 3 times and still able to jump a fence and run to the car? High on something, or just adrenaline?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    "Never in a million years, did I think I would use (the gun) -- never. And whatever higher power, whatever gave me the strength to pull that trigger ... You're looking at him or me. My life or his life. I was not going to get raped. I was not going to get murdered. There was no way -- and I didn't," Teter said.
    There's a lot to love about that woman!

Her story needs to be trumpeted loud and long.

I just wish she'd had a more powerful gun... Did she really hit a guy three times but not put him down permanently?? Awww...

How old is she? Is she married?...LOL
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Photo of her here:

Video here:

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=194792

She makes a statement in the video: "...it could not have ended any better". I can think of a better ending, one where the gene pool was a little cleaner.

Pretty cute!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Good Job!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Good on the lady. Glad that she had a gun. Can you believe that the scumbags mom drove him to the victims home?

They are many good women shooters out there trust me I shoot many matches a gun does not care if a male or female is holding it it will shoot.
    I have seen a large more women shooters over the years as it should be .

A jury in California convicted them and the victim didn't go to jail! Must be gonna rain! This is heartening and encouraging to say the least. The jury pool in California is doing good!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    It'd be hard for even a Kalifornian jury to convict a woman who actually fled her own home and was chased down by the BG! Good for her, and double-plus-good for her statements.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Teter said she thinks that every woman should carry a gun.

Wise words!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

way to go!

Congrats, Teter...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Too bad the dirt bag gets free room and board for a few years instead of being worm food.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    FBI rates Santa Clarita as the sixth safest city of over 100K, and
    Money rates it as one of the best 100 places to live -- but it is still obviously a good thing Ms Teter obviously wasn't far from her gun that day.

She did what she had to do, including testifying against him. A big "Well done" to her.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Photo of her here:

Video here:

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=194792

She makes a statement in the video: "...it could not have ended any better". I can think of a better ending, one where the gene pool was a little cleaner.

Pretty cute!
    soo any word if she is single?
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links