Ugly: Lake Elsinore mother was shot to death with her infant in the car - Page 2

Ugly: Lake Elsinore mother was shot to death with her infant in the car

This is a discussion on Ugly: Lake Elsinore mother was shot to death with her infant in the car within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's been said many times before... Have a plan to kill everyone you meet... In today's world one has no other choice! Stay armed...plan ahead...stay ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Ugly: Lake Elsinore mother was shot to death with her infant in the car

It's been said many times before...

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet...

In today's world one has no other choice!

Stay armed...plan ahead...stay safe!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Not only sad but just plain evil.

I never thought I would live to see the day that you didn't dare let your guard down... not even to help a little girl!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I remember this case and was a juror when it went to trial. There was no doubt that these two girls were guilty of their crime. I remember when we saw a video of them together at the station to be questioned, one of the girls was re-enacting how the mother convulsed as she was shot (she was hit twice...one round went thru her ear and out her eye) and they started to giggle about it. It was difficult to not feel so enraged; especially when they both sat with their heads down, refusing to look at Ms Arias' autopsy photos on the screen, all the while hearing her family sob in the courtroom. In the surveillance video, I recall one of the girls even blaming the victim that it was her fault for offering them a ride and that she was asking to be killed.

I'm the type of person who has always gone out of my way to help people, but since this case, I've been much more careful in not offering help to strangers; an unfortunate thing.
    Jarhead80 and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    I would think that the gun owner could be held accountable as well. ie: FAILED TO SECURE THE WEAPON.
    We must not blame victims of crime for the actions of criminals.
    gatorbait51 and atctimmy like this.

Who says zombies aren't real.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Administrator
    This was a worthwhile post and a reason to continue to keep this old thread open for further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Huffnstuff View Post
    I remember this case and was a juror when it went to trial. There was no doubt that these two girls were guilty of their crime. I remember when we saw a video of them together at the station to be questioned, one of the girls was re-enacting how the mother convulsed as she was shot (she was hit twice...one round went thru her ear and out her eye) and they started to giggle about it. It was difficult to not feel so enraged; especially when they both sat with their heads down, refusing to look at Ms Arias' autopsy photos on the screen, all the while hearing her family sob in the courtroom. In the surveillance video, I recall one of the girls even blaming the victim that it was her fault for offering them a ride and that she was asking to be killed.

I'm the type of person who has always gone out of my way to help people, but since this case, I've been much more careful in not offering help to strangers; an unfortunate thing.
    Arborigine and gatorbait51 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    This worries me when I think about how my kids will make it through high school with kids out there like this.....granted they have a while, but will it ever get better?

Such little regard for life, and so fast to kill. There is no separation between adult and minor with crimes like these. They should be put away forever or put to death.

Oh no, I am sure they can be rehabilitated with kindness and love.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    This was a worthwhile post and a reason to continue to keep this old thread open for further discussion.
    Meant no disrespect, and apologize if thats how it came across. Kids like that are one of the reasons I started carrying in the first place.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    Meant no disrespect, and apologize if thats how it came across. Kids like that are one of the reasons I started carrying in the first place.

You're fine with your post.

I probably should have quoted this post in my above comment.

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Oh no, I am sure they can be rehabilitated with kindness and love.
    I realize you were being sarcastic.

That said, these two girls sound like psychopaths. There is no rehabilitation, no fix, no treatment, for psychopaths.

Some are born, some are made, but there is no known fix. If there is anything positive anyplace in this picture it is that they (psychopaths) absolutely know what they are doing is wrong, which means they have no chance of using insanity as a defense.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

The two were convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to 60+ yrs in prison for the crimes: click.

At sentencing, Riverside Superior Court Judge F. Paul Dickerson III sentenced “child monsters” Cordova and Salinas to the maximum possible sentence citing that the “horrendous nature” of the crime outweighed the age of the two teen girls.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Someone that can laugh at another persons suffering and death that they caused is definitely a psychopath and should be locked away for everyone's safety.
    BurgerBoy and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The two were convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to 60+ yrs in prison for the crimes: click.

At sentencing, Riverside Superior Court Judge F. Paul Dickerson III sentenced “child monsters” Cordova and Salinas to the maximum possible sentence citing that the “horrendous nature” of the crime outweighed the age of the two teen girls.

They got off easy, in my opinion.
    Ianthin, gatorbait51 and Saint77 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    They got off easy, in my opinion.
    Yes, they did.

60yrs with possibility of parole isn't my idea of sufficient removal from society. Hanging is, the proverbial guillotine is. Much cheaper, as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, they did.

60yrs with possibility of parole isn't my idea of sufficient removal from society. Hanging is, the proverbial guillotine is. Much cheaper, as well.
    I agree with the bold part. They earned a death sentence. They are incapable of rehabilitation or conformance with the rules of society - the wiring just isn't there. They did not see what they did as wrong at the time and they still don't. They won't make the mistake of getting caught next time. If either of them are released on parole, it will be just a matter of time before they kill someone else. Releasing them from prison is, with high probability, the same as turning a better trained serial killer loose on society.

Fitch
    BurgerBoy, Curt58 and gatorbait51 like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links