UGLY: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery

This is a discussion on UGLY: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say Friday, December 14, 2007 LAKE WALES, Fla. A man set ...

Thread: UGLY: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery

VIP Member

UGLY: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery

Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say
    Friday, December 14, 2007

LAKE WALES, Fla. A man set fire to two women, including a pregnant one, and shot a man who tried to help them during a robbery attempt Thursday at an insurance business, police said.

Leon Davis Jr., whose 30th birthday is Friday, walked into the Nationwide Insurance office shortly after 3:30 p.m. and demanded money from two female employees, Police Chief Herbert Gillis said. Davis was not satisfied with the amount of money he was given, threw gasoline on the women and set them on fire, Gillis told The Ledger of Lakeland.

Davis then allegedly shot Brandon Griessman, 33, in the nose after he tried to help the women. The suspect fled leading authorities on a manhunt until he turned himself in at a Polk County Sheriff's Office substation about 7 p.m.

Yvonne Bustamonte, 26, Jane Luciono, 23, who was six-months pregnant, were flown to Orlando hospitals in critical condition, Gillis said.

Luciono underwent an emergency Caesarean section delivery, Gillis told the newspaper. The condition of the baby was not immediately known.

"I've worked in this business for thirteen years and not seen or heard of anything like this in my career here," Capt. Troy Schulze said. "I've never seen anything come close to this, violence-wise. It was heartless, absolutely heartless, for someone to do something like this."

Scott Headley, the owner of the Nationwide office, said Bustamonte has worked for him for nine years, and Luciono has worked for him for two years.

"I can't imagine someone can do something so cruel," Headley said.

Griessman was expected to undergo corrective surgery.

Davis, an Eagle Lake city employee, was suspended from his job after a Nov. 30 arrest on larceny charges, police said. It was not known what he did for the city. Davis had been on probation a July 6 grand theft conviction, according to the Florida Department of Corrections Web site.

Charges had not been filed as of Thursday night, but Gillis said he expected Davis to be charged with three counts of attempted murder and arson. It was not know if Davis had an attorney.
    Here we have an actual case of our oft-used example - if people didn't have a gun, they would find another weapon... In this case, it appears that the VCA had a gun, but chose to use gasoline instead - except on the (presumably unarmed) man that tried to get involved. Oh, how different this could have been...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Damn...You beat me by 3 minutes!

Agreed it is an excellent example of 'everything and anything' is and can be a weapon.

Mods please close my duplicate thread.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I feel sorry for the victims ( sincerely )

but I always think gasoline should to be banned

Administrator
    Neither is a good option but, if I had my choice between getting shot...or soaked with Gasoline and set on fire -
    I'd rather take my chances with a bullet. Just my personal opinion on that.

The killer is in the mind and not in the weapon.

A gun is a portable effective weapon.
    If a Killer can not get a gun then a killer will still kill with whatever the killer can get hold of to do the dirty deed.
    And if the Killer has no weapon the Killer will strangle the victim with his bare hands or toss the victim off a roof top.

The Killer resides in the HEAD and NOT in the hand.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I always figured if someone doused me with fuel, I'd latch onto them in a great big bear hug. Yippikaye!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

A new low for a dirt bag scum.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

It always amazess me that people say "I can't imagine anyone could be so cruel". What world do they live in, they need only to read the news. It is this mindset that makes people not take responsibility for their own safety.
    In Seattle when we had the creep going around and setting people on fire, The old man with a cane was able to defend himself, It Is just to bad that some of these people weren't carrying a concealed pistol.

VIP Member
    Absolutely terrible!!!

Prayers for recovery for all of the victims have gone up.

I'm awaiting for the Brady people to say how this crime proves that we need more gun control, BTW.

Links