Ugly: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say

This is a discussion on Ugly: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I originally saw this being reported this morning on CNN but my subsequent search for the story cam e up with the following... As reported ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say

Ugly: Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say

I originally saw this being reported this morning on CNN but my subsequent search for the story cam e up with the following...

As reported via Fox News:

Man Douses 2 Women With Gasoline, Sets Them on Fire During Robbery, Police Say

Friday, December 14, 2007

LAKE WALES, Fla. — A man set fire to two women, including a pregnant one, and shot a man who tried to help them during a robbery attempt Thursday at an insurance business, police said.

Leon Davis Jr., whose 30th birthday is Friday, walked into the Nationwide Insurance office shortly after 3:30 p.m. and demanded money from two female employees, Police Chief Herbert Gillis said. Davis was not satisfied with the amount of money he was given, threw gasoline on the women and set them on fire, Gillis told The Ledger of Lakeland.

Davis then allegedly shot Brandon Griessman, 33, in the nose after he tried to help the women. The suspect fled leading authorities on a manhunt until he turned himself in at a Polk County Sheriff's Office substation about 7 p.m.

Yvonne Bustamonte, 26, Jane Luciono, 23, who was six-months pregnant, were flown to Orlando hospitals in critical condition, Gillis said.

Luciono underwent an emergency Caesarean section delivery, Gillis told the newspaper. The condition of the baby was not immediately known.

"I've worked in this business for thirteen years and not seen or heard of anything like this in my career here," Capt. Troy Schulze said. "I've never seen anything come close to this, violence-wise. It was heartless, absolutely heartless, for someone to do something like this."

Scott Headley, the owner of the Nationwide office, said Bustamonte has worked for him for nine years, and Luciono has worked for him for two years.

"I can't imagine someone can do something so cruel," Headley said.

Griessman was expected to undergo corrective surgery.

Davis, an Eagle Lake city employee, was suspended from his job after a Nov. 30 arrest on larceny charges, police said. It was not known what he did for the city. Davis had been on probation a July 6 grand theft conviction, according to the Florida Department of Corrections Web site.

Charges had not been filed as of Thursday night, but Gillis said he expected Davis to be charged with three counts of attempted murder and arson. It was not know if Davis had an attorney.

The story can be found at; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316805,00.html

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Absolutely terrible!!!

Prayers for recovery for all of the victims have gone up.

I'm awaiting for the Brady people to say how this crime proves that we need more gun control, BTW.

Justice would be to give Leon Davis Jr a tast of his own medicine. Burn him to death.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    Justice would be to give Leon Davis Jr a tast of his own medicine. Burn him to death.
    davis doesnt need a lawyer,just someone with
    a gallon of gas and a match.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Shoot him in the nose first.

Leon Davis Jr...should have his lights put out, permanently...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The lowest of the low for dirt bags.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Moderator
    Good news - the assailant is in custody. He is also accused of the murder of two gas station employees last week.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

"I can't imagine someone can do something so cruel," Headley said.
    Time to start. Any number of people can do that, and worse. It's getting tougher to belive that living in a cloud is so fine.

I don't know that I'm a fan of cruel and unusual punishment. But, like-for-like has a certain appeal, in such cases. He likes fire? He should be obliged.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Time to start. Any number of people can do that, and worse. It's getting tougher to belive that living in a cloud is so fine.

I don't know that I'm a fan of cruel and unusual punishment. But, like-for-like has a certain appeal, in such cases. He likes fire? He should be obliged.
    Normally I'm not a fan of cruel and unusual punishment either. But when someone like this makes an effort to increase his victims suffering, then perhaps he should suffer the same fate.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

time for some scumbag lawyer to tell us how mommy didn't let him play w/matches when he was a child,so he couldn't help himself.

sniff, sniff, poor bad guy how we all failed him.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

makes you wish someone would have put a tracer round through the gascan while he was holding it.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Moderator
    The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that the child that pregnant woman who was burned was carrying has died.

It's too bad real justice cannot be done here - a quick, scrupulously fair trial, followed by a public execution on the courthouse steps.

I'm not going to use the words to describe my feelings on this case. This is, after all, a family-friendly forum.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Roast him....twice

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Setting two innocent women on fire, one of them pregnant? This guy is a monster. Burning him alive would be suitable punishment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links