Fresh from the news, A woman knocks on your door...

This is a discussion on Fresh from the news, A woman knocks on your door... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by V-fib This is really a common ploy that bg's use to gain entry to homes. It's best not to open the door ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh from the news, A woman knocks on your door...

Quote Originally Posted by V-fib View Post
    This is really a common ploy that bg's use to gain entry to homes. It's best not to open the door but talk through it and tell the person that police have been called to help them.
    When i was married i installed a glass storm door that always stayed locked.

It was convenient opening the main door to see and speak to whoever was out there.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    While one expects trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques.
    HAHAAA, i found my new sig :)
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Had that young lady and friends come to my house, they would have left quickly without knocking (no bell). Several loud, angry dogs would cause them to seek fame and fortune elsewhewre.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Even if they got past John they would NEVER get a chance to come NEAR me or my child before I'd start pumping them full of lead!

Okay.. maybe that's just the hormones talking, but it is a learning experience for sure. I don't go to the door without a gun in my hand and I guarantee that no one is going to tape me to a chair whether my baby's in the room or not.

Another ploy is to use a kid to knock at the door and then force their way into the house past the kid. ANY late night knocks at the door should ALWAYS raise suspicion. One other tip, sometimes, before they knock at your door, the bad guys cut the line to your land based telephone. If you check your phone and it is dead BEFORE you answer the knock at the door, definitely expect some serious trouble.
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

I can see the front of the house without opening the door. My weapon is on my person...even when I know the 'knocker'...I trust few people.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Once I am home from work I get real grumpy when I hear a knock. Lucky if I just dont shoot though the door then ask " whos there"...... he he he ,, being a grunpy old man again I guess.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    While one expects relative security in their own home, it's foolish in the extreme to think that nothing will happen to you when you are at home.

Home invasions appear to be on the rise, and one must be prepared to deal with sudden, unexpected violence from anyone who comes knocking on your door, day or night.

The stakes are too high these days to be complacent with people who come to your door even if you think it's just the mail man or the Fed-Ex guy.

When you answer your door, if your gun isn't either in your hand or on your body, it better be within a few inches of the door when you answer it.

People also need to realize that the handgun is your best option for defense against a sudden and unexpected forced entry.

Thugs who force the door, kick it in as soon as you unlock or open a crack are very dangerous. The fight is on immediately after you start to open the door, and attempting to fight them off while trying to get to a home defense shotgun that may be stored in another area of the room or house is really putting you behind the learning curve when the situation is in your face and desperate! Not to mention trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques.

I always keep a snubnose .357 hidden very close to the front door so for whatever reason... in case I don't happen to have my usual Glock or XD with me when I go to the door, the snubby is there "just in case."

I always keep my glock or XD on me or next to me during all waking hours, but if for some rare reason, I don't have it with me when going to the door, there's always the "door gun" very close by.
    Great post! Same as you, the only difference is my "door gun" is a glock 22 in a safepacker in my offhand.

We do not answer the door after dark unless someone has called earlier to come pickup a kid or drop one off. We're not AAA, I don't have some gas you can borrow, and get you're own cell phone - my home phone is not a public phone.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I don't open at night unless I know you or expecting you. My advice, go away.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links