Talk About Getting Hammered!

This is a discussion on Talk About Getting Hammered! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories...075-3585.shtml Teen worker defends her fired boss RICHARDSON(AP) — To some, a fast-food restaurant manager who foiled a robbery is a hero after picking up ...

Thread: Talk About Getting Hammered!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Talk About Getting Hammered!

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories...075-3585.shtml

Teen worker defends her fired boss

RICHARDSON(AP) — To some, a fast-food restaurant manager who foiled a robbery is a hero after picking up a hammer and hitting a masked gunman he feared might kill him.

To officials with the Long John Silver's seafood chain, he was an employee who violated company policy that requires cooperating with robbers. So the supervisor was fired because the company said he endangered employees' lives.

But the employees' lives were already in danger, a teenager worker who was present during the Sept. 18 robbery told The Dallas Morning News for its Wednesday editions.

"He did what he had to do, and I'm thankful," said the worker, who along with her boss requested anonymity from the newspaper because one of the robbery suspects remains at large. "There's no way to know what would have happened if he hadn't. I was shocked when they let him go."

Police say two men burst into the restaurant, forced employees to the ground, then led the supervisor to the back of the restaurant. Fearing for his life, the supervisor picked up a hammer and hit the masked man. Both men fled, and the money was recovered. Days later, the manager was fired.

On Tuesday, Raymond Demond Clayborne, 21, of Dallas surrendered to police and was booked in the jail in this Dallas suburb on suspicion of robbery. His bail was set at $50,000.

Even Clayborne's grandmother can't understand why the supervisor was fired.

"I don't think he should have been fired," Charlene Miles said. "I think I would have done that too, if it had been me. That's instinct."

Really chaps my hindquarters to hear that the manager was fired, when he feared for the lives of himself and his employees.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    As if you actually needed a reason to boycott Long John Silvers...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Wow, I just realized this story is from 2004, a little out of date I guess, sorry.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wow, I just realized this story is from 2004, a little out of date I guess, sorry.
    Hey CT, catch to the times. It's 2007.

Just kidding. I wonder how the story ended. I was thinking I'd contact LJS but since it's do old, I don't know.

It is dumb though. About 12 years ago a similar thing happened in Austin, Texas. I think it was in a Baskin Robbins (or another ice cream shop. Same kind of invasion where the perps killed all four teenage girls in the back of the store that were working there at/after closing time.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Links