If you don't have a gun, use a Pitbull - Page 2

If you don't have a gun, use a Pitbull

This is a discussion on If you don't have a gun, use a Pitbull within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [The suspects] were wearing bandanas over their faces. Well, no wonder they couldn't do the deed. It gets mighty dark with a bandana over your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you don't have a gun, use a Pitbull

[The suspects] were wearing bandanas over their faces.
    Well, no wonder they couldn't do the deed. It gets mighty dark with a bandana over your eyes.

Though, that's a pretty neat bit of driving, to escape like that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

Dalmations

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    . I read somewhere that dalmations and poodles are the breeds most often involved in dog bites. I dunno anything about dalmations, but poodles are mean!
    I had a dalmation for 12 years. All I can say is that they are different from other dogs. They have a built in superiority complex, and are clearly capable of thinking evil thoughts, plotting out their bad behavior, and carrying through the plot while knowing full well that they are going to p...s off their owner. And they throw temper tantrums.

Mine was unpredicatable at times. It bit my brother in-law, and ignored (ran from) the teen who broke the locks on my high wooden yard fence and snuck into the back yard.

OTOH, the dog loved to play with kids, as this made her the center of attention. And notwithstanding the goofies, my wife and I loved the heck out of ours.

I'd have another dalmation, but anyone contemplating having one needs to understand their personality traits and doggie behaviors.

I don't doubt for a second that dalmations are high on the list of dog breeds known to bite.

Don't ever get one as a family pet for "the children." Dalmations aren't the laid back calm critters that they appear to be.

On the good side, mine was a fierce protector of our family---the one incident with the teen mentioned above, notwithstanding.

.. man, i just cant wait to get a dog

Every pitbull that I have met was a sweetheart. I know they can be trained to be ugly, but that's an owner problem, and not the fault of the dog.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links