I would call it a robbery gone good

This is a discussion on I would call it a robbery gone good within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5/-1/newsfront A convenience store robbery-gone-wrong ended with one suspect dead and westbound Interstate 10 traffic backed up for nearly two hours Friday. Three armed suspects ...

Thread: I would call it a robbery gone good

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5/-1/newsfront

A convenience store robbery-gone-wrong ended with one suspect dead and westbound Interstate 10 traffic backed up for nearly two hours Friday.

Three armed suspects entered the Y and M Market in the 1500 block of Second Street in Coachella about 11:30 a.m., according to the Riverside County Sheriff?s Department.

That's when they encountered something they may not have expected.

"The store clerk armed himself and shot one of the suspects," Sheriff?s Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela said.

It wasn't immediately clear what type of weapons the suspects had or how many times the man was shot.

Neighbors, though, said they heard three gunshots at the time of the robbery.

Emergency crews responded to the scene and took the unidentified man to John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, where he died.

The sheriff's department is investigating the incident as a homicide, but the employee has not been charged.

The other two suspects fled the scene in a small sport utility vehicle, which may have been a green GMC Jimmy, Valenzuela said.

"They left the injured man behind," she said.

The suspect vehicle collided with another one near Tyler Street and Avenue 50. The second vehicle followed the suspects onto I-10 and confronted them in an area between Cook and Washington streets.

Authorities arrived at the scene and shut down all westbound lanes until about 1:45 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.

The two men were arrested on unspecified charges and their names, ages and residences have not been released.

Neighbors think the suspects were not from the area because all the nearby residents know the family that owns the market.

"The owner?s good ? he?s a nice guy," said Jerry Larios, who lives down the street from the market.

The owner declined to comment on the incident, but neighbors said the market has been around for at least 15 years and had been robbed several times.

The Desert Sun reported in January 2002 that a robbery there left a suspect injured from two gunshot wounds.

The owner said in 2002 it was the third time he was robbed at gunpoint in four years.

First sentence calls it a robbery gone wrong, but I would call it a robbery gone good. 1 BG is now wormfood, the other 2 scumbags are off the streets, hopefully for a long time. I hope the 2 surviving BG's will get the murder charges put on them.

Thankfully it doesn't appear anyone was hurt during the chase on the highway.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

First off I would like to point out that they left their "friend" there. can't be much of a friend. No honer amongst thieves huh? well, good for the employee. I do not blame him at all. get robbed once, shame on you, get robbed twice, shame on me! From what I see there is no shame on the employee!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

VIP Member
    One BG got dead....now thats what I call progress,even in one of the nasty little agricultural towns like Coachella Kalifornia!

shame about the traffic though

Another dangerous story, but with a happy ending...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The owner should go to jail and be charged with MURDER because we all know in "kalifornia", you are not suppose to have a gun to protect yourself...yeah, that will show em!

Sounds like there are some folks in Kalifornia with good sense. Hopefully, a good D.A. and jury pool, too!!

Another robbery gone good!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links