entire family wiped out...carnation WA

This is a discussion on entire family wiped out...carnation WA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a few towns away. 6 people (3 generations of the same family) including 2 very young kids were murdered on christmas eve. I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: entire family wiped out...carnation WA

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar

This is a few towns away. 6 people (3 generations of the same family) including 2 very young kids were murdered on christmas eve. I'm assuming none of them had any way to defend themselves. This is one of the most horrible stories I've heard lately

I'm visiting home for Christmas in the middle of nowhere, and my parent's don't seem nearly as uncomfortable about me wearing my pistol in the house now.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/12/26...e.bodiesfound/
    http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=7545487

Assistant Administrator
    This has been high profile on the news -- seemingly (tho I have to catch up on it) some female is a self-confessed perpetrator.

It really is hard to imagine, with four adults - that when the mayhem began there was no recourse to a weapon to halt the bloodshed. I guess it may have been at night - forget what they said.

As so often seems the case with these things - it is more often than not, someone associated with the family in some way.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

A sad world.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Actually the whole family was not killed There is one son and one daughter left. The Daughter and her boyfriend have been arrested, and investigation is ongoing.

Latest update.

Story Published: Dec 27, 2007 at 9:32 AM PST

Story Updated: Dec 27, 2007 at 12:16 PM PST
    By Associated Press & KOMO Staff
    CARNATION, Wash. (AP) - A woman and her boyfriend were scheduled to appear in court Thursday, accused in the slayings of her parents and four other family members in a Christmas Eve crime that a relative says may have stemmed from a conflict over money.

Hours after the victims' bodies were discovered Wednesday at the parents' rural home, police arrested Michele Anderson, 29, and Joseph McEnroe, 29. King County jail records show they were booked Wednesday for investigation of six counts of homicide.

The county sheriff's office would not formally confirm the identities of the victims or their relationship to the suspects, who had gone to the crime scene Wednesday after investigators had arrived, were questioned and arrested.

Investigators had not found a weapon, and the only hint of a motive they have disclosed is a long-standing dispute between Michele Anderson and her parents.

A law enforcement official identified the victims as Wayne Anderson, 60, and Judy Anderson, 61, who owned the property where the killings occurred; their son, Scott; his wife, Erica; and their two children, Olivia and Nathan. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the names.

The sheriff's office would only say the victims were the homeowners, ages 60 and 61, their daughter and son-in-law, both 32, and the younger couple's 6-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son.

The King County medical examiner's office will release identities once autopsies are performed, which sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said could take days.

All the victims appeared to have died from gunshot wounds, Urquhart said. The bodies were found by a co-worker of one of the victims who had come to the house because one of the victims, who works for the U.S. Postal Service, did not report to work.

McEnroe and Michele Anderson were scheduled to make their first court appearance Thursday afternoon at 2:30, and the county prosecutor's office was reviewing the case, with a decision on charges possible by Friday, said Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for the prosecutor's office.

Authorities have not said what role either person played in the slayings, but Urquhart said both are expected to be charged with first-degree murder.

The two did not appear to have been assigned attorneys yet. Donohoe said the prosecutor's office had not been contacted by anyone representing them, and the county Office of Public Defense couldn't provide any information without case numbers.

A public records search showed no signs that either of them had run into trouble with the law. Urqhuart said he hadn't conducted an extensive records search, but, "What I'm hearing is no criminal history on either one."

Efforts by The Associated Press to reach Michele Anderson and her older sister, Mary, have been unsuccessful. No number was listed for either Michele Anderson or Joseph McEnroe. A call to a number listed for a Michele Anderson was not returned and appeared to belong to a different person.

Mark Bennett, a family friend, said he was "fielding all phone call for the family - what's left of the family" at the request of Michele's older sister, Mary.

Mary's son, Ben Anderson, told reporters outside his grandparents' property late Wednesday that his aunt feuded with the family for years

"She felt she wasn't loved enough and everyone didn't appreciate her and she was pushed out of everyone's life," he said, referring to Michele Anderson.

He said his aunt was motivated by greed, and money might have been a motive.

"It was just money. She had a different way of thinking," the grandson said. "My grandparents had a lot of money."

Bennett said he did not know about any animosity in the family and declined to speculate what may have led to the shootings.

Bennett said he spoke with Judy and Wayne Anderson on Christmas Eve and tried to call them Christmas Day but could not reach them. He came to the Anderson's property Wednesday, which was roped off by crime scene tape, spoke with detectives, and said he fielded a call from Mary.

"She saw it on the news," he said. "She called me as I was leaving the site and said, 'Is it true?' and I said, 'Yes, it is,' and then hysterics broke out."

Bennett said Wayne and Judy Anderson "enjoyed their time together by themselves," relishing a quiet life in the 11 acres they shared in this small town about 25 miles east of Seattle.

He described Wayne as a hardworking Boeing Co. engineer who liked to hunt fish and hunt, and said Judy was a Postal Service worker who "always had a smile and a happy face on her route delivering mail."

"There's nobody ever who's going to say a bad thing about them," he said.

The two children and their parents lived in Black Diamond, and their neighborhood is still reeling from the news.

"My daughter said some people were killed out in Carnation, and that's when I was really afraid that they were part of it," said neighbor Sarah Jane. "They were really sweet people, they didn't deserve it.

"Just please remember, they were a wonderful family, they're not just somebody that got killed," Jane added. "They were really sweet people. I loved them. And I'll miss them forever."

One body was removed from the crime scene Wednesday, and Urquhart said the five other bodies might be removed on Thursday. Sheriff's detectives and investigators from the state crime lab spent Thursday painstakingly scouring the grounds for any clues.

Authorities are trying to determine why deputies didn't further investigate a 911 hang-up call on Christmas Eve that came from the house. The call ended after about 10 seconds, and the operator reported hearing "a lot of yelling in the background ... sounded more like party noise than angry heated arguing."

Operators twice called back, but both calls went into voice mail. About 30 minutes later, two deputies arrived at the property, but found a locked gate and did not go onto the property. The dispatchers log reported the deputies saying, "gate is locked, unable to gain access."

Repeated and quoted singularly for the point of emphasis...

Authorities are trying to determine why deputies didn't further investigate a 911 hang-up call on Christmas Eve that came from the house. The call ended after about 10 seconds, and the operator reported hearing "a lot of yelling in the background ... sounded more like party noise than angry heated arguing."

Operators twice called back, but both calls went into voice mail. About 30 minutes later, two deputies arrived at the property, but found a locked gate and did not go onto the property. The dispatchers log reported the deputies saying, "gate is locked, unable to gain access."
    - Dead people depend primarily and solely on 911

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The King County Sheriffs Office is in the midst of a huge controversy over how they handle internal investigations and discipline. They are fighting tooth an nail to keep the county council from getting an independent review board in place. Currently they have an internal ombudsmen. I suspect little to nothing will come of the poorly handled 911 call. A spokesman for KCSO was already on TV this afternoon saying that if they had gone up the driveway to investigate it would have been too late to make any difference anyways.

Anyways I don't want to hijack the thread with that sub-topic. The reality is, this is an awful situation and I am praying for their family. It hits home for me given that I spent Christmas Eve with my parents, wife and daughter at their home only 8 miles from Carnation.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

BAC
    Scott Anderson was a good friend and former coworker of a buddy of mine. His words, "Those of you that do, please pray that the rest of his family will be able to cope with this. Services are at the beginning of the week."

Nothing left for me to say about it, other than choice words regarding the ultimate fate of the two murderers.

-B

Sad story...murdered over some $$$$...
    Pretty tough to defend yourself from family members...unless you're armed at all times...I am!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As I stated on other threads, the reason I started carrying a long time ago was due to threats from a family member. The bigger the family the more likely to have one disturbed member.

This situation is sad, I hope that if the people are convicted that the book will be thowed at them, but I doubt it

I keep saying that everyone worries about the thug breaking into your house at 3 am or the lunatic at Wal-Mart but it sure appears that you need to worry more about your friends and family. I would like to see the stats on unknown assailants vs. known if anyone has it. That is, unknown to the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I keep saying that everyone worries about the thug breaking into your house at 3 am or the lunatic at Wal-Mart but it sure appears that you need to worry more about your friends and family. I would like to see the stats on unknown assailants vs. known if anyone has it. That is, unknown to the victims.
    I was just sharing these stats in another thread, here you go:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/relationship.htm

Only 14% are known to be strangers...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I was just sharing these stats in another thread, here you go:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/relationship.htm

Only 14% are known to be strangers...
    Wow, I had no idea it would be that low. Even family members was higher than that. Even when you include the undetermined the known still is 51%. Watch out for friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Wow, I had no idea it would be that low. Even family members was higher than that. Even when you include the undetermined the known still is 51%. Watch out for friends and family.
    I suspect acquaintances are the most dangerous single category. Although the number of family members that kill each other is shocking. In Executive Protection we watch the folks on the "periphery" the most intently, people who know the principle but aren't necessarily close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links