So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting.

This is a discussion on So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Its on CNN now....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting.

Its on CNN now.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

A Domino’s pizza deliveryman who shot and killed a would-be robber in Pagedale has a valid permit to carry a weapon and appears to have acted in self-defense, according to St. Louis County police.

The driver surrendered his own weapon and showed officers a concealed-carry permit from Florida. Panus said officers verified the permit this afternoon.

Good on the driver for being prepared for an ugly situation. Now hopefully Domino's won't fire the driver for violating a no weapons policy.
    I think some of you might have missed a critical piece of information. He has an out of state permit. Yes, it may be honored by MO for someone that is visiting the state, but it probably isn't good for someone that is a resident. Most states don't honor OOS for residents.

He may get lucky considering the circumstances, but we may never find out.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

He has an out of state permit. Yes, it may be honored by MO for someone that is visiting the state, but it probably isn't good for someone that is a resident. Most states don't honor OOS for residents.
    Missouri honors Florida's permit even for Missouri residents. Before Missouri's law improved, it was common for Missouri residents to get an OOS permit from Florida to legally carry here. Now, I think ours is among the best in the nation as far as the number of other states where we can carry. We can carry in about 34 other states, and the number keeps climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    He has an out of state permit. Yes, it may be honored by MO for someone that is visiting the state, but it probably isn't good for someone that is a resident. Most states don't honor OOS for residents.

He may get lucky considering the circumstances, but we may never find out.
    What are you talking about??? A non-resident permit is valid in MO, whether he is a resident of MO or not! And most states do honor out of state permits for residents.

I've lost count how many have been robbed in the lesser parts of Akron, Ohio. It's a weekend theme. It's gotten to the point that the politicians are trying to keep the papers quite and it's only the local talk radio station WNIR, that lets us know the facts. Usually 1-3 young minorities. No one has been killed yet, the drivers have been lucky and smart (pizza and $30.00 vs MY LIFE.....no brainer, have the pizza.) But the drivers are hard to come by. I live about 16 miles between Akron and Cleveland and I used to deliver pizza in the late 80's. It was good money, but like being a taxi driver, it's not one I will be suggesting to young kids looking for a good part time job.

This just in...

Team Pizza Delivery 1

Pizza Robbers 0

Final Score...

When you rob from Domino's, we guarentee lead delivery in 1 second or less, or your robbery is free!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The pizza co that fires an employee for protecting himself ought to be boycotted. The media misinformation needs to be exposed with letters to the editor and calls to the stations. Ahem...I'm loosing my voice. Thank God the driver is OK.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clacky View Post
    What are you talking about??? A non-resident permit is valid in MO, whether he is a resident of MO or not! And most states do honor out of state permits for residents.
    Alot of states, you have to be a resident for 6 months to get a permit. You're permit from another statre is no good once you become a resident. Kentucky is that way and I believe Tn is too. Ky honors I believe 31 states..

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust,
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey!!

"Hello, thank you for chosing Dominoes, how can I help you?"

"Yeah, I need a large with onions, sausage, pineapple and a little lead with some copper, please."

"No problem sir. It will be there in 15-20 minutes. Hope you get a bang out of our delivery service, sir".
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Instead of Pizza, he served the scumbags up some lead in true domino's style, HOT, FAST, and FRESH!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

HKR
    Pizza delivery drivers should be given $500 when they are hired to go towards the purchase of a quality handgun. Or a voucher for a Taurus Judge. Somebody get this guy's phone #, i'll take 5 minutes to call him and say damn fine job!

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    The pizza co that fires an employee for protecting himself ought to be boycotted. The media misinformation needs to be exposed with letters to the editor and calls to the stations. Ahem...I'm loosing my voice. Thank God the driver is OK.
    I could not agree more. If Domino's fires this guy every ccw permit holder should write their local Domino's and the corporate HQ and let them know we will be taking our business elsewhere.

We know how this situation turned out for the driver. What would the media be saying if the robbers had taken the cash and pizza and shot the driver anyway? It' happened before and will happen again as long as corporate decision makers refuse to allow their employees their God given right of self protection.

Pizza delivery is one occupation that being armed should be a requirement. Taxi driver is about as bad but at least some have that screen behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Alot of states, you have to be a resident for 6 months to get a permit. You're permit from another statre is no good once you become a resident. Kentucky is that way and I believe Tn is too. Ky honors I believe 31 states..
    SC too. Once you become resident of state, OOS permit is no good
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

I worked for domino's for 3 yrs in Ga in the early 90's as a 2nd job.I carried a S&W3913 with a permit of course.I missed by 1 guy a delivery where the drunk that ordered thought it would be funny to pull a shotgun on the pizza guy.Fire a shot in the ground and make the delivery guy take off all his clothes and drive back naked.When arrested the guy said he thought it would be funny to see the pizza man crap his pants.Needless to say had i drawn that delivery I'm fairly certain the outcome would have been different.I'd slide the 9mm into the bag with the pizza's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links