So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting.

This is a discussion on So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument A Domino’s pizza deliveryman who shot and killed a would-be robber in Pagedale has a valid permit to carry a weapon and appears to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

So Glad My Kid No Longer Delivers Pizzas: St. Louis MO SD shooting.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

A Domino’s pizza deliveryman who shot and killed a would-be robber in Pagedale has a valid permit to carry a weapon and appears to have acted in self-defense, according to St. Louis County police.

The driver, who works for the Domino’s franchise nearby in University City, delivered an order at 7 p.m. Thursday to a phony address in the 6500 block of Julian Avenue, where two armed men announced a robbery. The driver pulled his own pistol and fired shots, striking one of the robbers.

Brian Smith, 19, of the 600 block of Ferguson Avenue in Ferguson, was pronounced dead at the scene, said officer Tracy Panus, the department spokeswoman. The other gunman fled. Police arrested a suspect this afternoon and booked him pending application of warrants, she said.

Panus said the driver may have been fired upon, but was not wounded. She said officers found a pistol at the scene that hadn’t been fired.

The driver surrendered his own weapon and showed officers a concealed-carry permit from Florida. Panus said officers verified the permit this afternoon.

Panus said Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch’s office will review the police reports but added, "It doesn’t appear to us that (the driver) did anything wrong."

Local Domino’s executives could not be reached. A spokeswoman for Domino’s headquarters in Ann Arbor, Mich., said the company was cooperating, but referred all questions to police.

Good on the driver for being prepared for an ugly situation. Now hopefully Domino's won't fire the driver for violating a no weapons policy.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

A friend of my son is living with us and got a job doing pizza delivery. He's not a "gun guy", don't think he's ever shot one. When I found out what he was going to be doing I suggested strongly that he should at least carry some pepper spray. Should have bought him a Kimber LifeAct for Christmas.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Assistant Administrator
    Good on the driver for being prepared for an ugly situation. Now hopefully Domino's won't fire the driver for violating a no weapons policy.
    Anyone with a legal and valid CCW should be able to carry doing that type of job - heck - might as well be working for Brinks the way BG's might look at finding an easy score.

It might be one thing for Dominoes to not allow carry ''in house'' - but the poor guys out on the road - that is one very different set of risks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Too bad the national media didn't share this as a perfect example of an honest citizen defending himself!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Too bad the national media didn't share this as a perfect example of an honest citizen defending himself!

Too low a body count, for the media to take notice.

--Travis--

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Now hopefully Domino's won't fire the driver for violating a no weapons policy.

I will be astounded if he is not fired...but he is alive to continue with his life.

VIP Member
    Good for him but he better start applying for Pizza Hut. You know he is gonna get canned.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Good for him but he better start applying for Pizza Hut. You know he is gonna get canned.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct.

Not likely, Pizza Hut won't even hire him knowing he's been fired for that. They fire drivers who win gunfights too.

--Travis--

I saw this on the news tonight. One local dude was shown saying (referring to the guy who was killed and the pizza delivery guy, if I understood him correctly), "They was both wrong." So I start yelling at the t.v./wife/daughter, "How is it wrong to defend your own life?" Then the local newscaster says something like, "We don't know if the delivery driver had a concealed permit or not." Me: "He doesn't need a permit to carry in his car! Don't you even know the laws?!"

So now my wife knows even more the disdain I have for many in the local media here. This gave me another opportunity to explain to our daughter how carrying a gun can save your life. I'm pretty sure I got my point across. It's too bad I have so many opportunities to get my point across. It's a shame when someone trying to make an honest living runs such a risk of being robbed and killed.

The media is why this country is so screwed up!
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Imagine the suprise of the bg's seeing the delivery man producing a handgun instead of his money! Talk about an OH SH*T moment. That no doubt helped the deliveryman gain just the edge he needed to win this close contact gunfight.
    Yes he will probably be let go, as his only worth to Dominoes is what it cost to hire the next delivery boy. I'm sure he wont mind too much, he is alive to work another job. Somebody with balls enough to do what he did will find employment elsewhere.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Glad the honest "working" man is alright.

VIP Member
    Brian Smith, 19, of the 600 block of Ferguson Avenue in Ferguson, was pronounced dead at the scene
    Another one who got dead and will not go to court....

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Glad to hear the driver got out alive.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links