Burglary Interrupted

Burglary Interrupted

This is a discussion on Burglary Interrupted within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=7551872 (Memphis - 12/28/2007) - "It's so bad around here and i'm just afraid for my safety," says one woman we spoke to as she ...

Thread: Burglary Interrupted

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Burglary Interrupted

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=7551872

(Memphis - 12/28/2007) - "It's so bad around here and i'm just afraid for my safety," says one woman we spoke to as she stepped outside of her apartment and saw crime scene investigators. Police were combing her neighbor's apartment following an alleged burglary attempt that ended in gunfire. Rhonda, who didn't want to give us her last name or show her face on camera, says crime at the Camelot Apartments has driven her to leave.

"I was already in the process of making preparations to move, but this has done it. This has given me the right to make the decision to just leave here," Rhonda says. A little before 5:00 this morning, a woman returned home and caught who she thought to be a burglar in the act.

Lt. Tony Armstrong, a homicide detective with the Memphis Police Department, says, "The victim called her boyfriend. Her boyfriend came over and investigated, found him inside the house and shot him multiple times."

Medics took the suspect to the hospital where he later died. Police spent several hours later combing the apartment for more evidence. We're told the man who shot the suspect did have a state gun carry permit. It's likely the man who shot the intruder will not face any charges. Neighbors like Rhonda agree with that decision.

"People work too hard to make a living for someone to just come in and take things, your personal items or to invade your apartment like that. I think it was justifiable," she adds.

Wonder if she called 911 and the boyfriend. If so, it is not surprising that the boyfriend arrived on the scene first. Gene pool is a little cleaner tonight.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wonder if she called 911 and the boyfriend. If so, it is not surprising that the boyfriend arrived on the scene first. Gene pool is a little cleaner tonight.
    Dial 911 and Die

Edit: For clarification, this is a book, not advice. Although, the book contains excellent advice: Don't expect 911 to save you.

I like the comment about a permit. Liberal news are we?
    Last edited by matiki; December 29th, 2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Clarification
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Disagree...dial 911, set down the phone, and carry on with your defense. It will all be recorded and will guarantee a quicker response.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Disagree...dial 911, set down the phone, and carry on with your defense. It will all be recorded and will guarantee a quicker response.
    It's a reference to the book. Dialing 911 alone is not enough.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Dial 911 and Die
    I must disagree....so does AZ Husker:

Disagree...dial 911, set down the phone, and carry on with your defense. It will all be recorded and will guarantee a quicker response

In the Navy, one of the first things that the new recruit learns in boot camp is that all sailors are fire fighters.

The second thing the new recruit learns is that if he or she happens upon a fire, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, the first thing that must be done is to REPORT it.

Why is this?

Because if things go badly, and they usually do, at least someone other than the boot recruit knows that there is a problem and help is on the way!

Another justified use of Tennessee's Castle Law!

BG--0

GG and chicky--1

As it should be!
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Call two numbers, first 911, then 1911...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust,
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey!!

Another waste of reproduction down the crapper. Shouldn't be in someone's home unless you are invited. Don't you just love the castle doctrine laws? I do. This will save the taxpayers so much money; medical, jail cell, food, court costs, etc. Don't steal and you won't get shot.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsauer View Post
    I must disagree....so does AZ Husker:
    Dial 911 and Die is a book.

The point of the book, is that the police have no legal obligation to save you. If you dial 911, and then wait to be saved, there's a good chance you'll die.

I think I answered this with my response to AZ but I've also added clarification to the original response I made to this thread so as not to be bludgeoned with advice I whole-heartedly agree with. You are preaching to the choir!

I shouldn't assume everyone here has read the book. Sorry!
    Last edited by matiki; December 29th, 2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Clarification

The point of the book, is that the police have no legal obligation to save you. If you dial 911, and then wait to be saved, there's a good chance you'll die.

I think I answered this with my response to AZ but I've also added clarification to the original response I made to this thread so as not to be bludgeoned with advice I whole-heartedly agree with. You are preaching to the choir!

I only realized that it was a book...after I posted. You got your post in before then as I was typing.

Gene pool is a little cleaner tonight.
    +1

hat's off to the boyfriend for the quick response time. it's not really relevant that she called 911 during or not. what's more relevant is that we've reached a point where some of us are more comfortable calling people that care for us than the cops.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Dial 911 in my area and wait for 45 minutes.This has happened onmultiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen510 View Post
    Another justified use of Tennessee's Castle Law!

BG--0

GG and chicky--1

As it should be!
    Amen Citizen! Amen!

Saw this and I thought the same thing. Don't break into someone's home in Tennessee. The law is on the armed citizens side now and I applaud this guy for dropping this scum bag. One less bad guy roaming the streets of Memphis tonight.

Now if we can just weed out the other 100,000 or so Memphis would be a really nice place to live.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I didn't realize it was a book either. Putting quotation marks around the title should help make that clear, e.g. "Dial 911 And Die".

I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for the reference!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Sponsored Links