Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus w/ gun

This is a discussion on Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus w/ gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319167,00.html "Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus Allegedly Threatens School Superintendent Monday, December 31, 2007 JONESBORO, Ark. — A school band director was ordered to ...

Thread: Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus w/ gun

Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus w/ gun

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319167,00.html

"Band Director Dressed as Santa Claus Allegedly Threatens School Superintendent

Monday, December 31, 2007

JONESBORO, Ark. — A school band director was ordered to undergo a mental evaluation after his arrest for allegedly arriving armed with a gun and dressed as Santa Claus at a school superintendent's home.

Steven Vaughn, 33, was ordered held without bond in the Craighead County Detention Center after a judge found probable cause for his arrest on charges of criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder, residential burglary and two counts of kidnapping.

Vaughn's lawyer told District Court Judge Keith Blackman that Vaughn was suicidal, and the judge ordered the Brookland School District band director to undergo a mental evaluation.

Vaughn also is to appear in court for a bond hearing Jan. 2 and has a Jan. 28 court date in circuit court.

According to a police report, officers were called to the residence of Brookland Superintendent Kevin McGaughey at 9:30 p.m. Thursday "in reference to a man in a Santa Claus suit inside" with a gun. Police found McGaughey and Vaughn bleeding and several items broken on the floor.

Vaughn told police that his wife was working for the school district in February when she was assaulted by a student but that the superintendent did not do anything.

The superintendent's son, Nathan McGaughey, said he answered the doorbell and Vaughn was at the door, wearing a Santa hat, white beard, red sweatshirt and black pants.

"He advised that the man said 'I did not have a chance to bring you your Christmas present so I brought it to you,"' police Officer Anthony Zaffarano said in the report.

The superintendent, who recognized Vaughn, invited the man inside, and Vaughn put a green container down, pulled out a gun, and ordered the McGaugheys to get on the floor, police said. Angelia McGaughey, the superintendent's wife, also was there.

The father and son were able to tackle Vaughn; they fought with him until the weapon came loose and they held him until authorities arrived.

"They literally fought him all over the living room," police detective Kenny Oldham said.

Vaughn struck the elder McGaughey with a vase, police said. The superintendent also sustained cracked ribs.

Police located an unloaded .22-caliber pistol on the front porch. The gun had seven bullets in the magazine but none in the chamber. They also collected the container, a cigarette lighter, a gas can containing fuel, a Santa hat and a fake beard.

In a search of Vaughn's car, police found a 9mm handgun, a magazine with 32 rounds and a smaller magazine with bullets in it.

Vaughn and the elder McGaughey were treated at the local hospital.

Vaughn's wife, Jodie, told police her husband gave her no indication that evening that he planned to confront the superintendent."

Somebody would have settled for coal in his stocking.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Dang, what's the world coming to when you can't even trust Santa Claus?

That Santa needs a long vacation...I'm sure he'll be getting one!

Stay armed...ho, ho, ho...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Bet they don't leave soured milk and stale cookies for Santa next year!!

I think something was in Santas Egg-nog

not sure who spiked it .

Unhappy Parole date coming!

I know this individual, and the VINE reporting agency has sent out notifications that a parole date has been issued for Steven on August 16, 2012. He was sentenced to 11 years and came up for parole (and was approved) in 2011 but it was revoked at the last minute. Let's all pray this dangerous man is denied yet another year. Many prayers to the family who was tormented during this terrible ordeal.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Reminds me of Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places.
    trading-places.jpg
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

at least he didn't dress up as jesus.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Reminds me of Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places.
    trading-places.jpg
    One of the greatest movies ever LoL. "HEY!! WINTHORP! WINTHORP...." "Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Hopefully the Superintendant's family have armed themselves and learned not to open the door until you know who's there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Last Christmas in Grapevine TX a family was gunned down by a relative in a Santa suit.
    Don't open the door for clowns, strangers, the Easter Bunny, or Santa.
    I'm glad the family fought back and prevailed.
    Skillet Hot!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Dang, what's the world coming to when you can't even trust Santa Claus?
    You know , every time I see one of your posts, I read it in Grady's voice...lol...RIP Whitman Mayo...

Parole DENIED!!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I know of this individual. I have received news (unofficially) this convict has been denied parole yet another year!! Finally, it seems, the justice system is on the side of the good. Let's all pray for at least 7 more denials.

Links