Shopper pulls gun, stops robbery cold (from WND)

This is a discussion on Shopper pulls gun, stops robbery cold (from WND) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, very lucky, pulling a gun with an empty chamber on a BG with a gun in his hand. Not very bright, but he managed ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shopper pulls gun, stops robbery cold (from WND)

Yes, very lucky, pulling a gun with an empty chamber on a BG with a gun in his hand. Not very bright, but he managed to take control and captured the BG.

2. Remove Ads

I read the WTHR story first and thought Charlie simply cocked the hammer back on his DA/SA. If you read the WorldNet story closely, the BG's gun was recovered empty.

The account I heard on the radio said "Charlie" was a regular and the BG had been casing the place for days. They said he had his back to Charlie, so if I were in his place with a good tatical advantage, I may have done the same thing.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Yes, very lucky, pulling a gun with an empty chamber on a BG with a gun in his hand. Not very bright, but he managed to take control and captured the BG.
    All I can say is LUCKY
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hopefully, Charlie did in fact cock it, as opposed to chamber it. Even still, smells like Hollywood to me...but I suppose I'm a bit jaded.

And yes, I would assume that all LEOs would intervene unless there were compelling reasons not to (with small children, etc.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I think he had a revolver, fully loaded and ready to fire, but then he cocked the hammer, for emphasis, and to put the trigger into single action mode. I think the first reporter didn't describe it correctly.

If I had been there, I would have moved toward the action, but only if I had good cover. Grocery stores have tall shelving units that allow you to move from one end of the store to another with good cover. Of course, if you're halfway along an aisle and a BG appears at the end of the aisle, you've got nowhere to go. I don't think I would have jumped over a counter to close with the BG, even after he was disarmed; I would want to maintain some distance between us. He might have pulled a blade on Charlie as Charlie came over the counter.

Thumbs up Customer Foils Robbery Attempt

A 51-year-old citizen used his handgun to successfully stop an armed robbery attempt by a 19-year-old thug without creating any tragic scenarios as phobic gun haters would have everyone believe. And, I'm happy to report, not one bubble-headed news twit, or "We've got everything under absolute control" minded cop piped up with a stupid comment such as, "You really should dial 911 and wait for trained professionals to solve your life threatening problems."

Read about it: Good News

I can still vividly recall a personal incident involving a thug who opened the passenger door of my vehicle while I was waiting for a traffic signal and attempted to occupy the passenger seat, but still possessed enough good judgment to flee the scene when I shoved the muzzle of my handgun in his ignorant face. I didn't even have to discharge my firearm to achieve the desired result.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

This just in...

Team Fifty-one Year Olds 1

Team Nineteen Year Olds 0

Final Score...

Hope this 19 year old thug gets to date Bubba for many years...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Charlie did good...

This is a duplicate thread though...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This just in...

Team Fifty-one Year Olds 1

Team Nineteen Year Olds 0

Final Score...

Hope this 19 year old thug gets to date Bubba for many years...
    OUCH! That young twerp had better buy a big jar of Vaseline from the store he tried to rob before the cops slap the cuffs on him.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Lead Moderator
    merged threads
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Armed citizen stops violent crime. Scum bag goes to jail. No shots fired, no one injured. Shocks me the number of people on this board of all places that find fault with Charlie. Disappointing, Shameful really.

Hats off to Charlie good man job well done
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

very true and i wonder if any of them have pulled their gun and had to react to a armed situation as charlie has ,i have and its not as easy as you may think ,sitting in front of your computer as you all do just my 2 cents

Hopefully I never will have to face an actual self-defense situation. If and when I do, I will be having to make split second decisions. One way to prepare is to participate in this forum analyzing the actions and tactics of others, so that proper tactics will come to me naturally.

I think we all realize that when Charlie acted, he was acting on instinct and high adrenaline. But why criticize us for disussing it? That's the point of this forum! Besides our discussion here wasn't so much criticizing Charlie as it was trying to figure out, from the limited news accounts, what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Thanks for finding that. Sounds like Charlies no idiot, just the other reporter.

From the article:

Am I mistaken, or does this read that he cocked the hammer for emphasis?
    yes, sounds like he had a revolver.im pretty sure Charlie knew what he was doing all along.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Armed citizen stops violent crime. Scum bag goes to jail. No shots fired, no one injured. Shocks me the number of people on this board of all places that find fault with Charlie. Disappointing, Shameful really.

Hats off to Charlie good man job well done
    + 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links