Alcohol, Idiots, and Firearms

This is a discussion on Alcohol, Idiots, and Firearms within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As a responsible gun owner, I was thoroughly disgusted and embarrassed when I read the following article regarding an incident involving at least three knuckleheads, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol, Idiots, and Firearms

Thumbs down Alcohol, Idiots, and Firearms

As a responsible gun owner, I was thoroughly disgusted and embarrassed when I read the following article regarding an incident involving at least three knuckleheads, alcohol, and firearms that were carelessly misused as if they were water pistols:Bullets hit school

Anyone found guilty of such irresponsible behavior deserves to be severely punished. However, the vast majority of gun owners are responsible individuals. But there is rarely any illumination of this fact by the press who just can't wait for any excuse to condemn all of us as fringe lunatics, cowboys, rednecks, gun nuts, armed crazies, terrorists, or some other insulting lie.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

2. Remove Ads

What drives me crazy are the "it's a scary situation" and "the kids may feel unsafe" quotes.

These guys are idiots and need to suffer the appropriate consequences for being idiots, but lay off the hysterics. An empty building was hit in the middle of the night. Would there have been the same response/outcry if it had been an old warehouse? Let it go.

On the topic of firearms and alcohol... I used to go to a shooting club every single Friday night for a little over a year and shot trap. They served beer there and guys would drink and then go shoot their round of trap. Now, no one ever really got "torn up" but I NEVER felt comfortable with it. I have no problems at all with someone enjoying a cold one but never when a gun is involved. Just wait until you've got your firearm put away for the night before you do.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Hang these idiots. Anyone who "hip shoots" numerous rounds into a school has demonstrated a depraved indifference to human life, IMO. You have proven beyond reasonable doubt that you have such a diminished capacity for reason that you are unfit for society... It's not like these were shotguns in the woods - they were ARs, in an apartment building, across the street from an elementary school! Idiots is far, far too mild a word for them.

As for the quotes from the "LEOs" (and I use that term loosely) in the article. Way to make a bad situation worse, you pathetic Brady lap dogs...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    What drives me crazy are the "it's a scary situation" and "the kids may feel unsafe" quotes.

These guys are idiots and need to suffer the appropriate consequences for being idiots, but lay off the hysterics. An empty building was hit in the middle of the night. Would there have been the same response/outcry if it had been an old warehouse? Let it go.
    "Scary" is a favorite term used (abused) by our local, college ed-ju-mi-nated media twits. They will not stop at making fools of themselves to sensationalize any reported incident, especially when firearms are involved.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

...from the article,

“It was not an act of violence toward the school,” Marvel said. “It was done in a drunken stupor …

Oh, now I feel better...

Idiots...they need jail time to think about their actions!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

What these guys did was stupid. I don't think that it should make any difference if they hit an office building, warehouse or school. It was the middle of the night, and no one was injured which is a good thing. Even though alcohol was involved, I am sure there are numerous times that sober people go out on New Year's Eve and fire weapons into the air also.

The point being that they should be prosecuted for discharging a firearm in the city or distruction of property or whatever. Being drunk should have nothing to do with it unless there is some provision in the law which makes drunken discharge any worse than illegal discharge, and the fact that they hit a school building, it doesn't sound like it was targeted, should not make any difference. They destroyed property, school property is no more valuable than anyone elses.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    On the topic of firearms and alcohol... I used to go to a shooting club every single Friday night for a little over a year and shot trap. They served beer there and guys would drink and then go shoot their round of trap. Now, no one ever really got "torn up" but I NEVER felt comfortable with it. I have no problems at all with someone enjoying a cold one but never when a gun is involved. Just wait until you've got your firearm put away for the night before you do.
    That's because you're obviously one of the vast majority of responsible gun owners. Sadly, the pusillanimous, PC media twits refuse to acknowledge this evident fact. And everytime an isolated incident involving the misuse of a firearm occurs, these drama queens
    sensationalize it with the careful use of semantics. "Assault, AK-47, assault weapon, semiautomatic, high capacity, cop killer, deadly weapon. Just to name a few choice examples of words they invariably use to elevate the "scary" factor for the sake of ratings, and to inflict their anti-gun ignorance on the general public.

Total idiots.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sadly, the pusillanimous, PC media twits

Word of the day!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Sadly, the pusillanimous, PC media twits

Word of the day!
    Yeah...what he said...

As for the media...a very powerful forum that gun trade groups need to enforce correct reporting...perceptions are reality in the minds of those that know very little...

Rick

I have said it before, and I will say it again, and I will keep on saying it.
    Alcohol+driving=stupidity
    Alcohol +firearms=stupidity
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Morons.

Why do people shoot guns during holidays and 'Hey I'm happy!' days anyway?
    What is that about? Why does that even occur to anyone?
    Idiots.

Yet another gun incident that will be tabulated by the Brady campaign to use as ammunition against us all toward taking of our freedoms.
    People really need to learn to think before they act.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have said it before, and I will say it again, and I will keep on saying it.
    Alcohol+driving=stupidity
    Alcohol +firearms=stupidity
    And yet these two facts are frequently ignored by those who 'feel' they can handle both at the same time because tragic consequences only happen to a lesser breed of people. And many of these 'superior' beings are rudely awakened by a reality-check as the judge bangs his gavel after giving them hard-time for causing a tragic incident. Other 'superior' beings never make it to a courtroom. They're too busy pushing up daisies.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Morons.
    Yet another gun incident that will be tabulated by the Brady campaign to use as ammunition against us all toward taking of our freedoms.
    People really need to learn to think before they act.- Janq
    You're absolutely right.

Intelligent individuals realize the vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens. But the Brady Bunch, and their gun-grabbing media cohorts, are pandering these often highly embellished incidents to the general public in a tireless effort to convert those who are either hopelessly credulous, or neutral on the gun control issue to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon.

Propaganda has made, and destroyed nations. And those who promote an anti-gun agenda are full of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links