Just in on CNN, video of actual attempted home invasion

This is a discussion on Just in on CNN, video of actual attempted home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was watching CNN this morning (yeah, no comments needed about communist news network). A woman had security cameras on her house due to past ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in on CNN, video of actual attempted home invasion

Just in on CNN, video of actual attempted home invasion

I was watching CNN this morning (yeah, no comments needed about communist news network). A woman had security cameras on her house due to past burglary. It recorded 4 men cutting wires to her home (don't know if it was phone or anything else) and attempting to break into her home.

She had a handgun and got herself in her bedroom and was prepared to use if necessary. From the blurb, it looks like she did not have to discharge any rounds.

CNN, as usual, had to put in an image of an AR based rifle. Don't know how that fit into the story.

Good for her!!! She had security, she had a firearm, she secured herself in what was probably a "safe room" and she had a plan on when to engage the home invaders. Glad that she did not have to engage the home invaders.

I hope the perps all get caught and sent to jail!!

2. Remove Ads

didnt see the news, but i would say thats typical of the media.
    a big thumbs up for the lady to defend herself.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Is there a link?

I saw this too and am looking for a link but can't find one on CNN.com.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I saw this too, it's a good thing the woman had a good solid door and a gun waiting on the other side.
    There is a link here but you have to give WFAA a ton of info an join up to watch . I will wait until it's on youtube. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1a26da9d.html
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I just watched the Dallas News video. The AR-15 copy that was shown was an upgrade the victim bought. I guess she didn't feel a "handgun" was good enough.

I wish all 4 of those ******** would have stacked up inthe front door and entered the house. Then she could have fired 1 or two rounds and taken them all out at once.

VIP Member
    I'm sure that the ACLU will defend them if they are caught, after all she violated their civil rights by having security camera's installed!!

CNN has been replaying this story all day long.
    Throughout the day it went from just showing video clips (morning) to having her on tape talking about the incident in brief (lunch time) to her on tape telling of her defense plan and exclaiming she just wants to be safe in her home and would have shot had she seen a "shadow" (post lunch) to just over an hour ago them showing her with her AR and the news anchor from CNN saying "That a girl!".

Interesting thing is not even a month ago there was a thread here somewhere that a poster stated that cutting of phone lines toward a home invasion almost never happens.
    Here is a case counter to that and with video of the BGs in the process of doing so.
    Something to think about toward folks who alarm systems that run on land lines only and or who singularly depend on POTS for outside communications.

- Janq's home phones are VoIP based over cable based internetworking
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I pray that she stays safe, and hope they never come back, but if they do I hope that she plugs them!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Interesting thing is not even a month ago there was a thread here somewhere that a poster stated that cutting of phone lines toward a home invasion almost never happens.
    Here is a case counter to that and with video of the BGs in the process of doing so.
    There's a few things to think about here. First of all, a lot of people are putting up security system yard signs in the belief they're a deterrent (and maybe they are, I dunno)... and you can buy "contraband" yard signs for companies like ADT on Ebay.

If you want to rob a place with a yard sign, the first thing you do is cut phone and cable.

In such a situation, a camera and a yardsign only indicate what the BG needs to know to effectively rob the house.

On my security system, it's 5 seconds to get in the door and silence the audible alarm by ripping it off the wall. Without phone lines or internet, at that point I'm on my own.

I reckon any BG would rather be caught by my alarm than by me.

Anyway, back on topic: The CNN segment was hosted by Kyra Phillips, I believe... it was peppered with "atta girl!" type comments throughout. I did cringe a bit at her statement about shooting at shadows, though.

Why in the world do they show the street and house number??
    They show the whole perimeter layout and also where every single camera is.
    And now they know what firepower she has...or in other words, "what to swipe when she's gone".

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Why in the world do they show the street and house number??
    They show the whole perimeter layout and also where every single camera is.
    And now they know what firepower she has...or in other words, "what to swipe when she's gone".
    Was thinking the same thing. Last thing I'm going to do is go on camera and have my address and layout of the house put on national television. Don't want to attract any extra attention.

I'm also impressed by the images from the cameras. Used to do a lot of low voltage audio/video installs (including security systems and cameras) and those did a pretty good job, especially at night trying to get a look at a BG's face.

Some alarms automatically sound if the phone line is cut, and the alarm company is made aware of this immediately due to how the system is designed.

I was working on my phone lines one day and accidentally verified this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Glad she is taking up for herself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links