Woman was brutally beaten on public transportation while 15 passengers watch.

This is a discussion on Woman was brutally beaten on public transportation while 15 passengers watch. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Absolutely horrible. The BG could have beat her to death and all of these people would have been witnesses to a murder....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman was brutally beaten on public transportation while 15 passengers watch.

Absolutely horrible. The BG could have beat her to death and all of these people would have been witnesses to a murder.
    "Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition"

2. Remove Ads

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Is public transportation in Salt Lake City a GFZ?

A possiable domestic can be a bad situation to just "jump into", but to do nothing??? NEGITIVE!

Worst case, I'll bet I can take the beating better than her. That NOBOBY did anything is complete HORSEPOOP!
    See rule #26 in attached link: http://rideuta.com/ridingUTA/riderRules.aspx
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Maybe I'm a reincarnation of a long bygone era, but I still believe in the Chivalric Ideal. One of the virtues is defense of the defenseless.

I'd do what it takes to stop the attack, and suffer what I must at the hands of the law. And I'd not have a single regret about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KMBRTAC45 View Post
    Off topic but what is up with rule #33- Inflated inner tubes are prohibited?
    Are there a lot of people walking around with inflated inner tubes there? and if so; Why?

The problem is you canít just say something to the BG, and expect him to quit. If you do, youíve blown your number one resource. And that is the element of surprise.

When I stated Iím not going to get involved unless I am forced to, I meant that if no one else was coming to her rescue, then I would not sit there and watch her get beat. But, Iím now 50 something and I would prefer some young guy to step in and play Sir Galahad.

Quote Originally Posted by KMBRTAC45 View Post
    1) Remove belt, loop end through buckle;
    2) Come up to the BG from the side or behind;
    3) Without saying _any_ words of warning quickly drop/place looped belt around the neck of the animal...err attacker;
    4) Pull TIGHTLY and do not let go;
    5) Using your own bodyweight pull him close to your chest tightening the belt even further, roll and fall onto him he going to the ground belly/face first;
    6) Do not let go, hold on continuing to pull tightly;
    7) 10 seconds have gone by and he is tiring and burning from lactic acid build up, and reduction if not lack of oxygenated blood to the brain or a crushed airway. He'll be clawing in panic;
    8) Do not let go, hold on continuing to pull tightly;
    9) BG passes out;
    10) 911 arrives to take a report, stand up, unslip belt from BGs neck, and ask for immediate EMT care for yourself...to hell with the choked out BG.

- Janq

"Everythings a weapon." - MommaJanq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Whether I had a gun or not, I would definitately interfere. Just because you have the capability of using lethal force does not mean you have to, and just because you happen to be carrying doesn't prevent you from doing what is right. For everybody who said that they wouldn't interfere, well, that just makes me sick. If my wife or your wife or daughter or whatever, was getting beaten on a train and there were people around just watching...well, I guess that's what America is coming to.
    Try that in Texas...we may not carry ropes for hanging people anymore, but I'd like to think that we still know what is right.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by TyC View Post
    What would you have done? and what is legal to do? Cant believe 10-15 just sat there and did nothing.
    A woman was brutally beaten by a large man while riding on UTA trax. When the beating ended the attacker ran, leaving her lying helplessly. Helplessly, in its most literal sense; 15 others watched the attack take place and did nothing.
    The sad thing about all of this is that frequently the assault can be stopped with minimal effort. I once found myself as a witness to a similar assault by a young man on an elderly person. All that was required was to step forward and scream "Stop it!" Although not all instances can be ended with such little effort, I would hope that all will intervene to the extent of their ability. Obviously, if a weapon is involved, it will take more caution.
    Last edited by cwblanco; January 9th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

The 'its not my problem' attitude is endemic in our society. It really shows up in situations where people are in a trance while on a routine bus or train ride.. Everyone in condition white - sheep just wanting to get to work or go home.

Like that video where the guy got the junk beat out of him at the pizza shop by that woman's huge boyfriend while everyone stood around. These stories sicken me because no one had enough honor to interfere in the least. Not even dial 911 or yell. Obviously a large amount of wisdom must be applied with whatever steps are taken.. but how can these people look at themselves in the mirror after doing NOTHING to help.
    Allen

G27, Beretta 8040, Ruger GP100

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Is public transportation in Salt Lake City a GFZ?
    Yes, as long as you have a CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil
    "We do not recommend taking the law into your own hands like this, give the badguy what he wants and call 911".
    A few months ago, they did just that, due to several SUCCESSFUL personal defense situations. They said they were afraid people would get too brave and someone wouldn't be so successful.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

This is another one of those holes in the legal system. I'm sixty-five years old and would probably have not been a match for the perp. The cops can't really show up until the damage is done. It's illegal to shoot him. Pepper spraying him might have had unpredictable consequences. In the most gut level moral sense, he should be shot. But we can't do that. However, 15 people together could have done something and come out of it pretty well. We owe it to the disintegration of the country that people can no longer act as a group to do what they know to be the right thing. It stinks.

An HVAC tech came by today and told me about his "fight" over the weekend. Older male was on top of a woman in a parking lot, repeatedly punching her in the face. He grabbed the guy to pull him off and the guy swung at him. He defended himself and then wouldn't you know it, the girl who was getting beaten to a pulp jumped on the "rescuer". She scratched, bit and punched her rescuer until he was able to subdue her too.

He said he would do the same thing again. I joked with him that no good deed goes unpunished. Be careful out there, my friends.

The woman was being BEATEN, don't most states allow lethal force if you believe YOUR or another's life is in danger?

My only holdback would be what about the 15 idiots on the train after you take action? Would they THEN decide to do something to you?
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Senior Moderator
    Hey Janq...

why not just loop it over his head, turn away from him, while holding your hands at shoulder level,with your back to his,dropping to your knees and throw him over your shoulder.He will end up face down with you at his head and he will be out.

Its much quicker.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A good solid kick to the BGs knee followed by an ear clap does wonders. Even if I wasn't a LEO, I would not be able to live with myself if I stood by and did nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links