Border Violence about to spill over in US

This is a discussion on Border Violence about to spill over in US within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, this is certainly nothing new to any one who lives along the US/Mexico border but the pace of these such events is definately picking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border Violence about to spill over in US

Well, this is certainly nothing new to any one who lives along the US/Mexico border but the pace of these such events is definately picking up. LEO friends of mine are really picking up their efforts to be ready in case this spills over into the U.S. Sadly, a friend of mine in the border Patrol has mentioned how unprepared they would be if an incident were to occur on U.S. soil. They've repeatedly taken on gun fire from across the river in an efforts to draw attention away from the Drug Cartels crossing drugs into our country. The Border Patrol's only option was to take cover & retreat! Too much Politics involved with returning fire. At any cost here are two stories about what has taken place in this immediate area over the last two days.

==========
    http://www.themonitor.com/news/polic...municipal.html

http://www.themonitor.com/news/polic...a_mexican.html

==========

I'm interested to hear your opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance for your responses. MODERATORS please feel free to move this thread to the Law Enforcement, Homeland Security & Military Discussion. Thanks!
    "Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition"

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I can't believe that after everything we've seen and the world being the way it is that we still don't guard our borders effectively. Sad as it is, it will probably take a huge tragedy for us to take border security seriously.

They make minimal efforts to protect our boarders, they hog-tie the hands of our Border Patrol agents, and they try to disarm us in the name of safety. This should infuriate every American.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

There should be a legitimate DMZ with our side just inside the dmz mined everywhere but the legitimate guarded crossing areas. Anyone crosses elsewhere and they go boom. I don't see any ethical issues. Put up signs and warnings prior to the entrance of the fields. If you ignore the signs...put in a good word with Darwin for us.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It's not about to happen, it's happening almost daily in Arizona. The people smugglers learned how easy it is to include drugs in their runs for additional profits, and have consequently become an armed invasion force.

I think they should call in Sarah Brady to mediate an immediate cease-fire and gun buy-back program while the UN sends in peace-keepers to end the evilness perpetrated by those corrupt governments on the drug cartels that are just trying to help their own......

It is a festering cesspool down there, and the sooner a wall is built and patrols allowed to return fire with appropriate weapons, the better. Now would be nice.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

As long as the gang wars stay on the other side of the border, the more killed, the better. I can't feel for the meskin military, as they are as corrupt as the druggies. Looks like a win-win situation.

Geezer, I agree competely. I call gang on gang violence retroactive birth control. But they are no longer staying on their side of the border. We have gun battles on I-17 between Tucson and Phoenix on a regular basis. True... they're usually fighting themselves, but local casualties happen regularly. There are violent home invasions here in Phoenix daily where one "coyote" gang smuggling illegals and drugs are ambushed by another such gang. Who suffers? The innocent neighbors and the city as a whole.

AZ Husker;

You're 100% right! "The innocent neighbors and the city as a whole suffers." It seems like Home Invasions and the like are fast becoming normal, everyday occurrences. With a growing polulation of Drug Lords coming into the U.S. to live in order to avoid the violence that the streets of Mexico have seen, so too have the Hit-men and other un-desirables looking to settle some score with them. Again innocent citizens are put in harm's way.

I need to take some pictures along the river so y'all can see how vulnerable this area is. My good friend is a farmer along the Rio Grande River and other than a couple of Sensors and Generators with Lights there really isn't much stopping any well armed thugs from crossing over and rasing hell.
    "Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition"

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    As long as the gang wars stay on the other side of the border ...
    It has long since been a borderless conflict.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

COWBOYF550,
    Thanks for posting this. All these folks that didn't grow up on the border and don't know how things are done in Mexico have now gotten a small dose of it. Nobody seems to believe that Vicente Fox cleaned out the prisons in Mexico to help control the costs to the government, just like Saddam Hussein did, before he left, and brought all the criminals to the border on Federales buses and told the criminals to get across or die.
    And people over here want to give them amnesty and citizenship!! And social security!! And provide everything for them on welfare!!! THANKS PELOSI!!!!
    When is the outright stupidity going to stop and the American people wake up and care?? When is America going to grow a spine and some cojones?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

this is small potatoes.

the mexican army has shot at our border patrol in several incidents, providing cover for illegals coming in. i guess it's ok for the messicans to shoot at us, since we've done nothing about it.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    So what's stopping citizens from discreetly returning fire? I'm surprised some of the ranchers haven't taken on the situation head on since our Government doesn't seem to care.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    So what's stopping citizens from discreetly returning fire? I'm surprised some of the ranchers haven't taken on the situation head on since our Government doesn't seem to care.

Common Sense. If you are talking a couple of HumVee's with M2's and the men with them and their rifles way more firepower than several citizens would have at one place unless they knew they were coming. Then imagine what our own government would do to their own citizens! There are times when this would have to be done but it is a last resort. Hopefully people can get some videos of this and get them up on the net, that should start to get lots of attention.

I'd declare the border areas a free fire zone. Supertac45 for President.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links