Self-Defense Homicide Captured on 911 Tape - Page 3

Self-Defense Homicide Captured on 911 Tape

This is a discussion on Self-Defense Homicide Captured on 911 Tape within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The woman had a threat, bought a gun, problem solved. Good for her, chose not to be a victim....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Self-Defense Homicide Captured on 911 Tape

The woman had a threat, bought a gun, problem solved. Good for her, chose not to be a victim.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    +1 for the good guys

i heard the girl yelling,but i never heard any gun shots..i know she killed him though.she did what she had to do.a brave woman.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Good for her. Glad she's ok and glad the scum bag is dead. Some people out there just need killing. It really is that simple.

And as for the dispatcher telling her not to do anything too rash? I think I might have just told her to shut up and set the phone down at that point. The dispatcher had already told her the cops were on the way and when she started saying stupid stuff like not to do anything rash, she had stopped being useful and it would have been better for the woman to not have her attention divided between a twit on the phone and the threat in her home.

This call is a very graphic reminder that when seconds count, the police are going to be minutes away. It's not their fault and they want to be there right away but, there isn't enough of them to station on in front of everyones house all the time. It is up to us all to look out for our own safety.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Unless the 911 operators intentions behind the "rash" statement were to remain in the room, don't go looking for the intruder.

I don't know that I would have waited in the closet though. In the point of the room farthest from the door, preferably with something between me and the door.

Good for her, physical problem solved. Hope someone like the victim advocates pony up for the counseling.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I think that lady victim did a surperb job of keeping in control of her self in the face of imminant danger from a guy she absolutely "knew" as violent. She is all day tough. She had gotten her self a gun (I think it was borrowed) and had the determination to use it to defend herself if it came to that. It did, she did, good for her. She had the mindset to survive.

The dispatcher got her out of the living room into the bedroom, that was good. The dispatcher also got important data and you can hear her getting it relayed to the LEO's that were enroute. Where the victim was, victim armed, info on the attacker, attacker's car, where the invader was.

I think the "don't do anything rash" was mostly to help keep the lady calm. Keep her thinking. It has to be a rough job talking to some one in danger hoping to get the troops there in time. At least this time the dispatcher had a reasonably calm armed person that could follow directions and it all worked out well for the victim.

The victim didn't "lose it" until after she had successfully stopped the attack and gotten away from the invader.

Well done lady. Well done indeed. You did what you had to do, did it the way it had to be done.

Fitch

i am wondering if this lady has ever even fired a gun before, she didn't own one. if not, wow i can only imagine.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links