Trouble for Trouble

Trouble for Trouble

This is a discussion on Trouble for Trouble within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man kills attacking pit bull - 01/10/2008 - MiamiHerald.com A Tamarac man shot and killed a pit bull named Trouble after the dog escaped from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Trouble for Trouble

Man kills attacking pit bull - 01/10/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

A Tamarac man shot and killed a pit bull named Trouble after the dog escaped from its nearby home and attacked him on Thursday.

Here is what happened, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office:

Around 5:20 p.m. Trouble broke through a screen on the rear patio at a home on the 4500 block of Northwest 16th Way. Children playing nearby screamed, ``Trouble is out.''

Hearing the commotion, Paulo Jean, 35, stepped outside his home next door. Trouble attacked him, biting his buttocks and both arms. Jean pulled a .380 semiautomatic handgun from his pants pocket and fired three shots.

Trouble died at the scene.

Jean was taken to Broward General Medical Center with serious injuries.

Broward County Animal Care and Regulation removed the dead dog and took another dog that also got loose from the same residence. The dogs' owner was not at home when the attack occurred.

Jean had a valid concealed weapons permit.
    Sounds like the dog was bad news based on the children screaming, and the name given to the dog. Pits can be such sweet animals, too bad this didn't seem to be one of them.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

One less pit bull!!! GG 1, Pit 0. Too bad he got bit before he got a shot off.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    The only problem with pitbulls, IMO, is that some of their owners shouldn't be allowed to own a gerbil. Because of their reputation, you get some thugs owning/training them to be mean. So when you see a stray pitbull on the street, you don't know what kind of dog it is.

I had a neighbor in NY that had a pitbull. This dog was rescued from a dog fighter. It was the sweetest, gentlest dog you've ever seen. But the first time I saw it when it came running at me and jumped on me, I almost crapped my pants. Luckily it was only playing and wanted to be pet.

Many moons ago, I stopped an attacking German Shepherd with a well-placed bullet. To make a long story short, a lot of legal hassles ensued. But, in the end, I walked away from all the insanity a winner.

Oh, and the irresponsible whackos who owned the dog I killed went on to breed attack dogs.

Unless you're blind, and you need protection, by a gun. A dog has a mind of their own, and their behavior can change in a heartbeat. A gun is an inanimate object that is controlled 100% by the mind of the person holding it.

BTW, I don't hate dogs. I just won't tolerate being intimidated by Cujo, or his machoistic owner.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Here in OK folks like to dump their unwanted dogs off in the country where they hassle livestock, wild game and sometimes, people. About 8 months ago I was attacked by a huge unkempt Samoyed while hunting. He ate a 20 gauge shotgun slug.

VIP Member
    Mike, thanks for posting this. I saw the item on the news and totally forgot about posting it here.
    The dogs were kept in really crappy cages, in fact Trouble's cage had no top and a table was placed as roof but I guess it did not do a very good job of containment. The owner seemed very nonchalant about the issue when interviewed. He said he was sorry but I did not see it in his face.

Here is the news item from Channel 10 with video.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

The owner of the dog should be held liable for all medical costs of the victim...and any lost wages as a result of the medical convalescence as well. The dog owner should also be fined by the city for not controlling the dog and further fined if the dog was not licensed, which I suspect it probably wasnt. They should also pay for the removal/disposal of the dog's carcass.

That'll fix 'em.

Senior Moderator
    That'll fix 'em.
    No it wont. They'll just get another pup and start the process all over again.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ralphb72 View Post
    One less pit bull!!! GG 1, Pit 0. Too bad he got bit before he got a shot off.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quite the mullet on the neighbor (the blonde guy with the nascar hat). How was a dog who brutally mauled someone once still alive?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Jean had a valid concealed weapons permit.
    Why is this even part of the story? He was AT HOME!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Accurate reporting is no longer a prerequisite for news reporters, who have degenerated into what I call sensationalist media twits. They 'feel' it's illegal for private citizens to possess any kind of firearm without a special permit, so that makes it enforcible law.

According to the media twits in my area, it's illegal for anyone except the police and military to possess "scary looking guns" period. Anti-gun morons in general 'feel' (They don't actually think, you know.) their unsubstantiated, knee-jerk opinions should be enforced as laws.

So much for bleeding heart tolerance.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Actually he was not. The moment he stepped outside to a common or public area with a gun in his pocket, he needs a CCW according to Florida Law.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

No it wont. They'll just get another pup and start the process all over again.
    Sure it will. After they have to cough up a couple grand in fines, they will think twice about letting the dog get loose.

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Man kills attacking pit bull - 01/10/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

Sounds like the dog was bad news based on the children screaming, and the name given to the dog. Pits can be such sweet animals, too bad this didn't seem to be one of them.
    Yeah really. It's really the rep that preceeds them. It just helps perpetuate the cycle of thugs training or not training them to be mean. My pit loves everyone. All the chicks in the vet center love her because she's so nice. She looks meaner than she is. Kudos to the shooter though for getting the job done. Too bad he got bit before he put it down.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links