Woman beaten with Hammer, no one helps

This is a discussion on Woman beaten with Hammer, no one helps within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by matiki You must be referring to circumstances where the two parties are involved in a fight. In this case, an unarmed woman ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woman beaten with Hammer, no one helps

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    You must be referring to circumstances where the two parties are involved in a fight.

In this case, an unarmed woman is being beaten on the head and face with a deadly weapon (a hammer).
    I'm with matiki here. Yes, the advice that you need to understand a situation before getting involved is absolutely correct. I will even admit that it is applicable here. On the other hand, I am really having trouble coming up with any sort of possibly unreported details in this situation that could lead me to believe that the fault somehow lies with the prone woman having her head caved in. Even if she started the confrontation, there is clearly no self-defense on the part of the hammer wielding .

At any rate, the legal standard is the 'reasonable man doctrine', and this is a case, I think, where any reasonable man is going to conclude that the dude with the hammer is commiting assault with a deadly weapon and attempted (if not already accomplished) murder.

The moral standard, of course, lies with the individual.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ibez View Post
    State law varies

so a lot of "internet people" are bragging or are disgusted at what should've been done by the witnesses are nothing more that "net posturing" to seem so "righteous"

I wonder how some would feel when they're locked in jail, because they carry a CCW, so they let their "moral" responsibility take precedent over "legal option" , and they have a family at home that was depending on them .

HAVING A CCW DOES NOT MAKE YOU A POLICE OFFICER

Everyone always want to play(seem) the "Moral G*d" on the net

A lot of states only authorize you to, DIAL 9 1 1 and WAIT

Hmmm, I don't live in Massalostyourrightschusetts, I live in Texas. I don't know the laws up in your nearly communist portion of the country, but I am pretty familiar with the ones down here.

And in Texas, you could pretty much walk up, shoot the guy in the head, call for help with the woman and recieve your medal from the mayor by weeks end. This is a bit oversimplified but pretty much in the ballpark on this case. Sorry if the rest of you don't have nearly the same options.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Hmmm, I don't live in Massalostyourrightschusetts, I live in Texas. I don't know the laws up in your nearly communist portion of the country, but I am pretty familiar with the ones down here.

And in Texas, you could pretty much walk up, shoot the guy in the head, call for help with the woman and recieve your medal from the mayor by weeks end. This is a bit oversimplified but pretty much in the ballpark on this case. Sorry if the rest of you don't have nearly the same options.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

Hey hey heyyy

we get Free Snow up here tho

what, you mean screaming doesn't work?
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links