Bad: Truro writer faces accusations concerning weapons - Page 3

Bad: Truro writer faces accusations concerning weapons

This is a discussion on Bad: Truro writer faces accusations concerning weapons within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Yep...and their former governor is running for President....so look for more insanity if he wins. Yep. Do not vote for Mitt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad: Truro writer faces accusations concerning weapons

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Yep...and their former governor is running for President....so look for more insanity if he wins.
    Yep.

Do not vote for Mitt Romney.
    Not that the other now top tier candidates are stellar choices but caveat emptor, vote for Romney and you will come to regret it GWB style.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Yep.

Do not vote for Mitt Romney.
    Not that the other now top tier candidates are stellar choices but caveat emptor, vote for Romney and you will come to regret it GWB style.

- Janq
    I second that emotion!

If anyone does some digging about Romney in Utah, they will find that he tried to "invalidate" all Utah CCW-permit holders within x distance of the Olympic event venues during the Olympics. I recall reading about it years ago, but don't have any pointers to the info. Pretty sure it was discussed on AR15.com when it happened. I admit to being fuzzy on the details (and don't have time to read up on it now), but distinctly recall that Romney was all for the ban.

Here's one article on it that a quick Google of "Salt Lake City Olympics ban firearms" found: Gun Control Debate

As a GOAL activist, I can tell you that Romney was anti-2A while Gov. in MA. His latest "join NRA" and embracing the 2A is (at least by me) thought to be disingenuous and an attempt to pander to the sportsmen/women to vote for him. I do not believe that this reflects his true feelings about the 2A!

+1 ^^

His hey look I joined the NRA maneuver is pure pandering toward the forgetful, unaware, and bullet blind.

- Janq

P.S. - Off topic for a second, LenS take a peek at page 393 of Chief Glidden's book! I've been studying this thing cover to cover and I came across as much earlier tonight. Citizen non-LEO carry into a USPS is lawful, in MA, as long as you meet the four state and federal criteria which he details in depth at pages 393 and 394. Woot!!! Exciting news which will make my own specific life a bit less complicated and stressful. I'm loving this book. :)
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Janq, yup the USPO is AOK here in MA as long as we have LTC-A/ALP (or "none" for restrictions) and you are there for legal business only.

That is a topic that gets discussed to death here on DC.com every week or so. The legality varies from state to state due to the massive differences between state and local laws across the 50 states.

Can we somehow schedule an earthquake to break loose Mass. AND DC and float them off either to Atlantis or back to England?

(It's going to be harder to solve the problem with Illinois that way <sigh> ).

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    Can we somehow schedule an earthquake to break loose Mass. AND DC and float them off either to Atlantis or back to England?

(It's going to be harder to solve the problem with Illinois that way <sigh> ).

Ken
    Find a way to flush the Great Lakes, or at least Michigan and have them take IL with the flush.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links