Deli Owner Shoots Armed Robber

This is a discussion on Deli Owner Shoots Armed Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deli Owner Shoots Alleged Robber | WKBW - TV Buffalo, New York | Local News Thirty year old Shaun Ford allegedly went into the West ...

Thread: Deli Owner Shoots Armed Robber

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Deli Owner Shoots Armed Robber

Deli Owner Shoots Alleged Robber | WKBW - TV Buffalo, New York | Local News

Thirty year old Shaun Ford allegedly went into the West Side Market on Carolina Street in Buffalo with a shotgun and a mask. His get away car with license plate partially covered was waiting outside. Police say he pointed a gun at the owner and got more than he bargained for. The owner had a gun too. "He relaxed like he was going to cooperate and then when the guy raised the gun again at him, he believed it's time to shoot, otherwise he was going to be shot at." said Buffalo Police Lt. David Stabler.

"I never felt uncomfortable in there before. Now, I don't know if I want to go back in there." said Kristy Taylor. She lives right next door and visit that store daily. She describes the owner as a kind person. "He's a sweet heart. He's very personable. I'm just glad that nothing happened to him." she said.

"Verbal testimony can be skewed. Things can be forgotten. The video is going to tell us everything." said Lt. Stabler. Charges are not being filed against the owner, but police are thoroughly investigating the shooting.

The owner was unharmed. As for the alleged robber, he left, not in his get away car, but in an ambulance after being hit at least once in the leg. He was transported to ECMC, and is expected to survive. [b]"I think anybody has a right to self defense. Of course, we don't encourage vigilantism, but these store owners or anybody else has the right be safe." said Lt. Stabler.
    [b]

Not a bad statement for a LEO in NY state.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    By that account, shoots don't get much "cleaner". Good for the deli owner.

Dang, now I'm craving a hot pastrami on rye...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    "I never felt uncomfortable in there before. Now, I don't know if I want to go back in there."

Actually I would feel very comfortable knowing that the Deli owner knows his business.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links